***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Already made a post about this, but did anyone else wait more than a day while under review? trying to figure out if I should call tomorrow morning
 
Last transcript received in 07/02 at 11:54am
Verified 08/03 at 1:43pm

Good luck to everyone still waiting! You’re almost there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Do they send you an email when your app changes to under review, or only when it's done being reviewed and is verified?
 
Submitted 7/2 11:15pm
Verified 8/4 7:58pm

s/o to whoever was out there reviewing apps on a saturday, and to the two med schools who sent me secondaries within 4 minutes of being verified
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
looking at the graph timeline, time to verfication appears to be plateauing at 30-35 days. It has been there for a little over 10 days now.

We'll have to see if this remains the case, but if we have hit the peak time-to-verification, it would indicate that it is indeed the case that a greater proportion of applicants applied earlier this cycle compared to previous cycles since the peak time-to-verification usually occurs for people who submitted at the end of July.
 
They are on to the apps from early July 3!
Submitted 07/03/2018 07:32 AM
Verified 08/06/2018 10:41 AM
 
Last edited:
Were there any apps processed on the 4th of July? I reached read to review status on July 5th because they were not in the office July 4th.
 
Update: Was verified today at 10:50AM!!! And already received 4 secondaries. Of course they’re the last 4 schools I didn’t get a chance to pre-write yet
 
Got put on hold because I didn't have a transcript from a class I took in HS, TRAGIC I SAY. Luckily, they have electronic transcripts, so shouldn't be awful. Submitted July 3rd
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
looking at the graph timeline, time to verfication appears to be plateauing at 30-35 days. It has been there for a little over 10 days now.

We'll have to see if this remains the case, but if we have hit the peak time-to-verification, it would indicate that it is indeed the case that a greater proportion of applicants applied earlier this cycle compared to previous cycles since the peak time-to-verification usually occurs for people who submitted at the end of July.

I feel like for this cycle, early-mid July might be the peak. But note that they took two weeks to verify those who submitted on Day 1 (May 31st). I think there's no more pattern on verification speeds.
 
Submitted 7/13.... so do I even have a chance with a 507 mcat?? Hello all others out there still waiting on verification and hoping for the best!
 
Submitted/Ready for Review 7/8 06:07 am
Processed 8/9 05:15 pm
 
Last edited:
Submitted to AMCAS - Ready for Review 7/12 at 7:46 AM
AMCAS Processing is Complete 8/14 at 1:14 PM
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted 7/13 and was put on hold today because a study abroad program that I thought was eligible for transcript exception (and my own health professions advisor agreed with) turns out to need an official transcript. I submitted a request for the transcript electronically and am now waiting for AMCAS to receive it, but I'm afraid I will need to reenter some courses because of this transcript may have a different format than the school I transferred credits to. I called AMCAS and they told me I would be put into a shorter "re-verification queue" but the employee said he had "absolutely no" estimate on how long it would take to process, just that it would be "faster" than the normal queue.

I am kind of freaking out and wondering if anyone has had this experience before, and how long this "re-verification" might take.
 
Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I submitted 6/29 and have been "under review" for 2 weeks now. Called multiple times and no one told me anything until today. Apparently they were having imaging issues with my transcript. First time I've heard that
 
Status
Not open for further replies.