2018 University of Houston C/O 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
damn, dude what the hell? your stat deserves some good schools.. I dont know why they denied you!! Apply elsewhere and I'm very positive that u would get in without problem.

As soon as they reopen my application on pharmcas I'll start submitting to other schools. And maybe UH will email me back about why they denied me. Thanks for the kind words, kaidou1412 and binchen222.

Members don't see this ad.

As soon as they reopen my application on pharmcas I'll start submitting to other schools. And maybe UH will email me back about why they denied me. Thanks for the kind words, kaidou1412 and binchen222.

WOW! I cannot believe that they denied you..
How would you know when phamcas reopens your application?

Composite PCAT is 76. Undergrad gpa is 3.12. BS in biology, minor in chemistry. Will graduate in May with an MA in public health. Current gpa as graduate student is 3.67. I've been a CPhT for 7 years, serving as a corporate trainer and as head tech for 2 years and 4 years, respectively.

Hoping to find out what went wrong - if there's something I need to change or a mistake I made during the interview process.

My condolences man. That is some crazy good stats, but it will be their lost. Apply to other schools now!

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW! I cannot believe that they denied you..
How would you know when phamcas reopens your application?

When I try changing my pharmacy designation it still shows that I'm an early decision candidate. I'm assuming that once they release my application I'll be able to change it. Have you heard anything on your application yet?

When I try changing my pharmacy designation it still shows that I'm an early decision candidate. I'm assuming that once they release my application I'll be able to change it. Have you heard anything on your application yet?

No. I still have no response...:/
Best wishes to you.

One more week for the first regular decision interview day! Still no updates on interview letters?

Just to give you peace of mind, we have quite a few out-of-state students here in our P1 class and quite a few international students. Don't worry about statistics or what you read on websites because I can tell you that our class is very diverse. Good luck!

http://pharmacy-schools.findthebest.com/l/103/University-of-Houston-UH

can you tell me how many out of state students UH actually accepted last year? and i dont have a LOR from a pharmacist... and i guess they woudlnt even look at my profile right?

i have an overall of 3.78 GPA, composite of 95% in PCAT, multiple leadership positions from different organization and clubs, and i will be graduating with BS in biochemistry, minor in biology and a minor in chemistry... but those will not matter if i dont have a LOR from a pharmacist?!

http://pharmacy-schools.findthebest.com/l/103/University-of-Houston-UH

can you tell me how many out of state students UH actually accepted last year? and i dont have a LOR from a pharmacist... and i guess they woudlnt even look at my profile right?

i have an overall of 3.78 GPA, composite of 95% in PCAT, multiple leadership positions from different organization and clubs, and i will be graduating with BS in biochemistry, minor in biology and a minor in chemistry... but those will not matter if i dont have a LOR from a pharmacist?!

It is highly recommended to get a LOR from a pharmacist. I don't think that you necessarily have to have one from a pharmacist but I really don't know many people who applied to UH without a LOR from a pharmacist because it does specifically say to have at least one. This question is probably best directed to our admissions director or one of the associate deans. They can tell you what they will accept and won't accept, sorry I couldn't be much help.

It is highly recommended to get a LOR from a pharmacist. I don't think that you necessarily have to have one from a pharmacist but I really don't know many people who applied to UH without a LOR from a pharmacist because it does specifically say to have at least one. This question is probably best directed to our admissions director or one of the associate deans. They can tell you what they will accept and won't accept, sorry I couldn't be much help.

i know it was specifically listed but i the pharmacists i knew said they couldnt write one for me bc i never worked with them before and i cant work for them because they said there are a lot of liability problems with that

i know it was specifically listed but i the pharmacists i knew said they couldnt write one for me bc i never worked with them before and i cant work for them because they said there are a lot of liability problems with that

In all honesty, you want someone who is writing you a LOR to really sell you and the relationship that they have with you. If you don't know any pharmacists that's a tough situation. GPA, PCAT, and extracurricular activities are important but they can only take you so far, especially if someone (a pharmacist) cannot put into words why you should be given an interview and/or be admitted. I would really look into volunteering at a pharmacy (hospital pharmacies are usually the easiest to volunteer at) since the process for becoming a pharmacy tech would take you quite a while as well as getting hired. Establish a relationship with the staff pharmacists and build that relationship up so that they can write you a LOR.

Did UH already send out the invitations for the Oct 26 interview date?!

Hey everyone! This is my first post on the sdn so I am completely new to this. I just received an interview invitation for Saturday, November 9th. Could any one kind of give me some tips on what to expect? Things I should/shouldn't do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! This is my first post on the sdn so I am completely new to this. I just received an interview invitation for Saturday, November 9th. Could any one kind of give me some tips on what to expect? Things I should/shouldn't do?

Be yourself. Ask questions. Have fun. The interview overall should be a positive experience, and try not to be nervous!

Hmm.. I still haven't received anything from them. Not even a rejection. Perhaps they don't want me lol. May I ask, when did you send in your application/supplemental app?

Congrats on getting an interview btw! I heard the UH interview includes both a group interview and a one-on-one interview but yeah, it shouldn't be too bad. Good luck!

I submitted my pharmcas application on September 27 and my UH supplemental on October 15. And Thank you!

Where can I find the UH supplement app? please help me. :(
Have you submitted PharmCAS yet? Once you submit PharmCAS, they will calculate your GPA and then submit your application to UH.
Once UH has your PharmCAS, they will email you a link to download the Supplemental PDF.

Also, congratulations JTET. So very jealous that you've received an interview invitation, and wish you the best of luck! :)

Have you submitted PharmCAS yet? Once you submit PharmCAS, they will calculate your GPA and then submit your application to UH.
Once UH has your PharmCAS, they will email you a link to download the Supplemental PDF.

Also, congratulations JTET. So very jealous that you've received an interview invitation, and wish you the best of luck! :)

Thanks. I guess I'll just wait then. Everything is already done on pharmcas though.

Thanks Buckeye1589! Good luck to all of you as well!!

Hey guys i also have an interview at UH for saturday Nov.9 . I am super excited....

See you Nov.9

oh boy has anyone else seen the pre interview questionnaire?

have invites for the Nov 16 interview been sent out yet?

does anybody know when is the next interview date after Nov. 9?

Interview Days 2013 -2014
Applicants selected for interview will receive their invitations via email. Listed below are the interview dates that have been scheduled.

Saturday September 28, 2013 (Early Decision only)8:00am - 5:00pm
SaturdayOctober 26, 20138:00am - 5:00pm
SaturdayNovember 9, 20138:00am - 5:00pm
SaturdayNovember 16, 2013
8:00am - 5:00pm

SaturdayJanuary 11, 2014
8:00am - 5:00pm

FridayJanuary 24, 20148:00am - 5:00pm
SaturdayFebruary 8, 20148:00am - 5:00pm
SaturdayFebruary 22, 20148:00am - 5:00pm
MondayMarch 10, 20148:00am - 5:00pm
SaturdayMarch 22, 20148:00am - 5:00pm

sorry i copied that off their website. the formatting is a bit off.

When could we expect to hear back from the November 9th interview? I know it is suppose to be 4-6 weeks but does being such an earlier interview shorten this time at all?

I hope so! cause I do not have the patience to wait a whole six weeks! I want to know now! lol

When could we expect to hear back from the November 9th interview? I know it is suppose to be 4-6 weeks but does being such an earlier interview shorten this time at all?
One of the P1s that I talked to said she heard back in 3 weeks. I don't know if that's typical or not, but it can give us hope, right? :)

Hi guys,
I applied to U of H for early decision and my application was moved to regular decision. My pcat scores and GPA aren't exceptional by far but I am still hoping for an interview. I graduate in December with a biochemistry major and a chemistry minor with lots of volunteer experience, pharmacy volunteer experience and multiple leadership positions. I currently have an interview this weekend at Howard University. Best of luck to you all. *fingers crossed*

Hi guys,
I applied to U of H for early decision and my application was moved to regular decision. My pcat scores and GPA aren't exceptional by far but I am still hoping for an interview. I graduate in December with a biochemistry major and a chemistry minor with lots of volunteer experience, pharmacy volunteer experience and multiple leadership positions. I currently have an interview this weekend at Howard University. Best of luck to you all. *fingers crossed*
Good luck with your interview!

I was wondering if university of Houston accept late applications... I sent in my pharmcas applications on the 14 th if November and I fear I will. It get the supplements on time

I was wondering if university of Houston accept late applications... I sent in my pharmcas applications on the 14 th if November and I fear I will. It get the supplements on time
According to PharmCAS, all materials must be received by the University of Houston by December 2.

I'm applying to UH and will be submitting application really late (Dec 1st). My GPA is not that great, only a 3.38, but my PCAT is decent (85%). What are my chances of getting at least an interview? ;_;

I plan on raising GPA to a 3.5 at the end of this semester. Would it even help at all to send in the new transcript by then?

Also can I submit the supplemental BEFORE the actual application?

What are my chances if I'll have a 2.77 gpa at the end of the semester and I'm retaking my pcat jn January. I'm a certified pharmacy tech at walmart for about 1.5 years and I have done medical lab research for two years. Will graduate in May with a BA in interdepartmental studies with a focus in health science

I applied to UofH, but I don't have any pharmacy technician experience, so I don't know any pharmacists. I volunteer at a hospital pharmacy, but the way the program is run, I don't actually get much contact with the pharmacists. I've reached out to one pharmacist, shadowed him, and chatted with him twice, but when I asked for a LOR, he wasn't comfortable writing one since he doesn't observe how I work and didn't know enough about me to write a letter. So I was unable to get a LOR from a pharmacist, but I applied anyway. I got a call from UH today, asking if I was planning to get one and that it was a requirement. Unfortunately, I'm kind of out of options here. I can't get to know a pharmacist in the week or so I have left until the deadline, and I haven't had much contact with the pharmacist I shadowed and spoke with either and I highly doubt he would agree to write one now if he didn't before, especially since it's so close to the deadline.

The question is, should I just give up on UofH? It's not my first choice school, and I have really strong stats (3.83 GPA, will rise by the end of the semester, 95 PCAT, pharmacy volunteer experience, will have bachelor's degree by spring, I'm a reapplicant...). I really want to get into UT, and UH was meant to be a backup, and I also have Texas Tech and A&M as backups as well. Should I try to get a letter from a pharmacist or is it a lost cause?

It looks like I got my supplement applications through pharmcas but I don't know how to access it

It looks like I got my supplement applications through pharmcas but I don't know how to access it
The supplemental application is on the website. I doubt they send it to you. I filled mine out and submitted same day I turned in my pharmcas.

The supplemental application is on the website. I doubt they send it to you. I filled mine out and submitted same day I turned in my pharmcas.
When I click on the supplemental status, there is the due date of everything and it says not received but I was wondering if they are sending it

The sypplemental application on the website is actually for Early Decision. UH will send you an email with the pdf file of supplemental application upon receiving your pharmcas application. It is said on UH website

The sypplemental application on the website is actually for Early Decision. UH will send you an email with the pdf file of supplemental application upon receiving your pharmcas application. It is said on UH website
I hope I get it soon... The deadline is fast approaching...are additional letters required?

Anyone can send me the link for the supplemental app they received from the admission. Admissions wont send me the link till they have my mailed pharmcas and i am running out of time since they want everything by dec 2nd. So if anyone message me the link i would appreciate it :)

Anyone can send me the link for the supplemental app they received from the admission. Admissions wont send me the link till they have my mailed pharmcas and i am running out of time since they want everything by dec 2nd. So if anyone message me the link i would appreciate it :)
I am in the same boat...if you get it can you please message me too?

I am in the same boat...if you get it can you please message me too?
The college has a pretty quick turnaround time on the supplemental application, so I'm sure they'll send it to you soon. They got mine to me not long after my Pharmcas app was completed.

The college has a pretty quick turnaround time on the supplemental application, so I'm sure they'll send it to you soon. They got mine to me not long after my Pharmcas app was completed.

I am freaking out because the due date is in exactly one week and it is thanksgiving break, so there is now way to get the letters of recommendations in on time