2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Their ranking pretty much didn't change. In USNews it dropped 2 spots and went up 3 in PD rankings (although there are a lot of schools tied for ranking in this range). This is a negligible change overall
is there a new list of PD rankings available?

Members don't see this ad.

current students, any insight into food budgets in NYC? I was thinking of budgeting $50-100 per month on food, but wasn't total sure :) stay safe
I am not a current student but I currently live in NYC. 50-100 a month for groceries seems pretty alright. Assuming you don't inhale your food lol. But yeah you'll be fine on 50-100. Closer to 100 just to be safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
current students, any insight into food budgets in NYC? I was thinking of budgeting $50-100 per month on food, but wasn't total sure :) stay safe
Been living in NYC my entire life. If you cook at home and eat out 1-2 times a week, I think $200-300 a month is a good range. Especially if you eat a lot like me..

Ok sweet, I eat super simple meals (like chicken, rice, pasta). what do you eat like?
Twins! I eat very similar and probably like 3-4 times a day. Food in NYC tends to be a bit pricey especially if you go out. An average meal at a decent restaurant can costs you $10-15

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
For accepted students who received a finaid package, how long do we have until we have to accept the package?

Einstein is slowly killing my soul. I just wanna know if ive been accepted or rejected so that my soul may be free from this hell lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Einstein is slowly killing my soul. I just wanna know if ive been accepted or rejected so that my soul may be free from this hell lol

same, I just want my interview rescheduled

They still haven't done that? Another med school I had responded quickly to the covid pandemic and held a zoom interview the day my interview was supposed to be scheduled. Literally made arrangements in like 3 days. So idk what Einstein is doing

But I'm still hopeful things will turn out well for all of us. Fingers Crossed guys !

Last edited:
When was yours initially scheduled? Mine was scheduled for Monday and they reached out and confirmed it would be at the same time via Zoom and sent me a link to the meeting.

When was yours initially scheduled? Mine was scheduled for Monday and they reached out and confirmed it would be at the same time via Zoom and sent me a link to the meeting.
Mine was originally scheduled Friday, March 13th. I'm kinda annoyed. They emailed saying they would reschedule as soon as possible and just still havent gotten back to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a “still interested” email this year? Seems like something they did previous years for HPWL people, but it doesn’t seem like anyone got it this year?

Last edited:
It seemed like the second week of April last year they sent out more decisions/update emails. I'm just wondering if they're still on track to do the same this year or of the pandemic has slowed down their turnover

Members don't see this ad :)
It seemed like the second week of April last year they sent out more decisions/update emails. I'm just wondering if they're still on track to do the same this year or of the pandemic has slowed down their turnover
Hopefully that's the case.

Mine was originally scheduled Friday, March 13th. I'm kinda annoyed. They emailed saying they would reschedule as soon as possible and just still havent gotten back to me.
Yup, mine was supposed to be 3/17 and still haven't heard from them

• Sad
Hi everyone, I have an interview with Einstein tomorrow via Zoom. Does anyone have any tips for the interview and/or advice?

Hi everyone, I have an interview with Einstein tomorrow via Zoom. Does anyone have any tips for the interview and/or advice?
I still haven't heard back about my in-person interview myself, but by far my day was the most comfortable and welcoming of any that I had. My advice would just be to make the most out of a weird situation by being warm and being yourself despite the Zoom format, and also maybe to be prepared to talk about the pandemic as it applies to you, Einstein, and other people/schools in NYC. Good luck!!

I still haven't heard back about my in-person interview myself, but by far my day was the most comfortable and welcoming of any that I had. My advice would just be to make the most out of a weird situation by being warm and being yourself despite the Zoom format, and also maybe to be prepared to talk about the pandemic as it applies to you, Einstein, and other people/schools in NYC. Good luck!!

Thank you so much for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Thank you so much for the feedback! Much appreciated!
I hope it went well for you today! If you don’t mind my asking, when were you originally supposed to interview? I’m waiting to see if mine gets rescheduled

I hope it went well for you today! If you don’t mind my asking, when were you originally supposed to interview? I’m waiting to see if mine gets rescheduled

Thank you for the kind words!

I was originally supposed to interview with Albert Einstein College of Medicine on March 9th, but I was unable to attend due to the state of emergency in New York. I was then assigned for an interview today on Friday, April 3rd.

Was originally scheduled 3/17. Still no word on a reschedule for me. Hopefully they will be starting to get back to more of us. Hope your interview went well.

For accepted students who received a finaid package, how long do we have until we have to accept the package?
For some reason, I was never notified that my financial aid package was available. Did they send you an email with login info to see your package?

For some reason, I was never notified that my financial aid package was available. Did they send you an email with login info to see your package?
So I saw that a few of my friends were getting packages and I wasn't so I was freaking out lol and emailed them and they said that they had sent out instructions but I guess I didn't get it and they sent me a screenshot of my package. I eventually got the email a few days after!

So I saw that a few of my friends were getting packages and I wasn't so I was freaking out lol and emailed them and they said that they had sent out instructions but I guess I didn't get it and they sent me a screenshot of my package. I eventually got the email a few days after!
Oh gotcha lol I'll send them an email. Thank you for your help!

Was originally scheduled 3/17. Still no word on a reschedule for me. Hopefully they will be starting to get back to more of us. Hope your interview went well.

Thank you! Out of all the interview experiences I have had, this has been the most chill interview experience!

Thank you! Out of all the interview experiences I have had, this has been the most chill interview experience!
I'm glad you had a good experience despite the mess that's been going on! This is a long shot, but did your interviewer or any admissions people you might've talked to mention any specific delays in getting back to applicants because of COVID?

Hi guys! Has anyone from the March 2 interview day heard anything? Or other people who heard back --- how long did it take? 4-6 weeks or longer? Any idea if they're giving out WL's only now?

Hope everyone is staying safe and (attempting) to stay sane!

Hi guys! Has anyone from the March 2 interview day heard anything? Or other people who heard back --- how long did it take? 4-6 weeks or longer? Any idea if they're giving out WL's only now?

Hope everyone is staying safe and (attempting) to stay sane!
I interviewed 2/28 and have not heard anything

I hope they reply back quickly, the deadline to narrow down schools is approaching.

last year they sent out a wave of As on the 8th but I feel like everything is thrown off rn

last year they sent out a wave of As on the 8th but I feel like everything is thrown off rn
Lets hope that happens to us soon. I can imagine covid-19 slowing them down a bit but not to the point where they are completely off schedule. Moving everything online shouldnt take long

Lets hope that happens to us soon. I can imagine covid-19 slowing them down a bit but not to the point where they are completely off schedule. Moving everything online shouldnt take long
Agreed, I would think that because they seem to be scheduling and conducting zoom interviews (or trying to some degree) and have given some pre-II decisions in the past few weeks, they must still be meeting frequently- our time will come soon enough

are they going to need to give us a decision before the April 15 deadline to narrow down As to just three?
Isn't there an AAMC requirement for schools to accept to their class capacity by April 15th? Or maybe it was April 30th...either way I think more A's should come out by the end of April!

Honestly, I think they're going to wait til 4/15 to see how many accepted students drop them before sending any more A's. Would be the easiest admin-wise for them IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm glad you had a good experience despite the mess that's been going on! This is a long shot, but did your interviewer or any admissions people you might've talked to mention any specific delays in getting back to applicants because of COVID?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. The physician that interviewed me did not mention any deadlines for acceptance decisions.

Honestly, I think they're going to wait til 4/15 to see how many accepted students drop them before sending any more A's. Would be the easiest admin-wise for them IMO.
Last cycle they did it before the 15th. I hope they follow that trend. It'd make my life so much easier

Isn't there an AAMC requirement for schools to accept to their class capacity by April 15th? Or maybe it was April 30th...either way I think more A's should come out by the end of April!
Yeah for Einstein on the accepted students page they require all accepted students to narrow down their choices to three by April 15th. Hopefully students follow that rule.

That deadline is March 15, they must send out a number of As equal to or greater than their number of first year seats

I'm wondering if Passover might prevent any of us from hearing back before the end of next week?

Reactions: 4 users
Out of curiosity besides the one guy on here did anybody else get an actual scholarship from this place? Not talking bout financial aid

Out of curiosity besides the one guy on here did anybody else get an actual scholarship from this place? Not talking bout financial aid
If you look on another sdn thread on current applicants picking between or among schools, about 3-4 also received merit scholarships here.

• Angry
Did anyone else just get that email about Einstein students volunteering during the pandemic?

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone else just get that email about Einstein students volunteering during the pandemic?
Yes, and I got the rolling admissions email a month ago. But the email says: "Needless to say, we are most proud of them, and proud that you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians." Did everyone get this email?

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, and I got the rolling admissions email a month ago. But the email says: "Needless to say, we are most proud of them, and proud that you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians." Did everyone get this email?

My heart stopped when I got this email lol - very strange wording for sure. I also got the rolling admissions email a month ago