2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email about Montefiore participating in a Remdisivir trial for COVID.

I’m taking this to mean that I’m accepted now? /s (Still waiting on my interview from March to be rescheduled)
Did anyone else just get that email about Einstein students volunteering during the pandemic?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I didn't get the email LOL should I be concerned
Post-II HPWL

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email about Montefiore participating in a Remdisivir trial for COVID.

I’m taking this to mean that I’m accepted now? /s (Still waiting on my interview from March to be rescheduled)
Did you just get that one email or two? I received 2, one with the subject "EINSTEIN - OUR STUDENTS - VOLUNTEERING DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC" and the other with "EINSTEIN - Trial for Potential Coronavirus Treatment is Underway at Montefiore and Einstein."

Sorry, being neurotic but I would really like to go to this school lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Not to be over-analytical, but did you get 2 emails or just the Remdisivir?

Post II silence did not receive any emails gonna go cry in a corner now

Reactions: 4 users
Did you just get that one email or two? I received 2, one with the subject "EINSTEIN - OUR STUDENTS - VOLUNTEERING DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC" and the other with "EINSTEIN - Trial for Potential Coronavirus Treatment is Underway at Montefiore and Einstein."

Sorry, being neurotic but I would really like to go to this school lol
This school has us freaking out about nonsense, most likely error emails lmao

Trying not to be neurotic as well. My heart definitely leapt when I saw the email notification flash on my screen.

I only got the one email about Remdisivir, so we’ll see where that takes me

none of us would be freaking out if they would just communicate effectively :( sad

Reactions: 3 users
HPWL- I received two emails including the one that said "Needless to say, we are most proud of them, and proud that you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians."

• Sad
HPWL- I received two emails including the one that said "Needless to say, we are most proud of them, and proud that you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians."

maybe that means you're on the accepted list! haha (i hate myself :( )

maybe that means you're on the accepted list! haha (i hate myself :( )
Maybe, but it feels like they're playing with us. Last year they sent "still interested?" emails and I haven't received one of those.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who hasn't interviewed yet get the "you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians" email?

Got the rolling admissions email a while back and the 2 today. I tried calling but got no answer, they're probably closed cause Passover. Einstein needs to get their **** together!

I ain't get a damn thing. Welp time to go die in a fire now. All jokes aside. Please end my suffering Einstein. I'm just a child with a dream. :(

Not to rain on anybody’s parade, but...
I interviewed on Monday and received the emails Tuesday and Friday. I highly doubt receiving these emails has anything to do with the admission decision.
I was told that after interviewing, my file goes to a third reviewer who will summarize my app + interviewer’s notes and recommend me as high priority or regular (so he basically meant I interviewed for the WL :/ ). He also said not to expect a response before the end of the month because they’re on break.

Hope this eases your nerves!

Reactions: 10 users
Not to rain on anybody’s parade, but...
I interviewed on Monday and received the emails Tuesday and Friday. I highly doubt receiving these emails has anything to do with the admission decision.
I was told that after interviewing, my file goes to a third reviewer who will summarize my app + interviewer’s notes and recommend me as high priority or regular (so he basically meant I interviewed for the WL :/ ). He also said not to expect a response before the end of the month because they’re on break.

Hope this eases your nerves!

Sorry about interviewing for the waitlist! And I don’t mean to be pushy, but did one of the emails say specifically the quoted line below? Everyone else that posted yesterday about getting it is in HPWL so just wondering. And thanks for the useful info about them being on a break. Best of luck!

"Needless to say, we are most proud of them, and proud that you, too, will join this wonderful group of future physicians."

Oh man got rolling email before and the 2 emails. I felt like a detective analyzing the “join this group of physicians” sentence.

Hello! Wondering what the rolling admissions email looked like? I interviewed in person on Mar 2, and haven't received any of these emails... trying not to look into it but also dying on the inside

Sorry about interviewing for the waitlist! And I don’t mean to be pushy, but did one of the emails say specifically the quoted line below? Everyone else that posted yesterday about getting it is in HPWL so just wondering. And thanks for the useful info about them being on a break. Best of luck!
I certainly don't think the emails are random. If all of the accepted students got it as well as some of the HPWL it seems to indicate something. Though that's just me wishing for the best lol

Hello! Wondering what the rolling admissions email looked like? I interviewed in person on Mar 2, and haven't received any of these emails... trying not to look into it but also dying on the inside
Hey, here is a screenshot of the email. And I think people have posted what the other waitlist email looks like. From what I know, they haven't explicitly said it was high priority but everyone in the pasts thinks so since there is different wording.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 3.05.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 3.05.42 PM.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 144
It's possible they got the post interview survey email on Tuesday (because they interviewed Monday) and the remdesivir email on Friday because it seems no one else received one of these emails on Tuesday, which would mean they probably didn't receive the email with the line we've been talking about.

Last edited:

Haha you're not pushy! I can understand your anxiousness.
No, neither of the two emails (Students volunteering during COVID crisis and Trial for Potential Coronavirus Treatment) have that specific line. Maybe you're on to something detective hahah

The Einstein spring break lasts until next week Thursday. So I’m assuming we can hear back anytime from Friday until whenever. Someone who just interviewed said we probably wouldn’t hear back until the end of the month, but that might be for the HPWL vs WL for recent interviewees. People with HPWL should hear back sooner I’d hope.

The Einstein spring break lasts until next week Thursday. So I’m assuming we can hear back anytime from Friday until whenever. Someone who just interviewed said we probably wouldn’t hear back until the end of the month, but that might be for the HPWL vs WL for recent interviewees. People with HPWL should hear back sooner I’d hope.

Spring break seems to be for first-year students only, not the whole institution (see screenshot)? I was hoping the people who interviewed late feb/early march (I interviewed Mar 2) will hear back sometime over the next week! If the whole institution is closed for next week then that dream is dead :uhno:

Has anyone who interviewed on Mar 2 heard anything?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 7.40.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 7.40.50 AM.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 84
Got the rolling admissions email a while back and the 2 today. I tried calling but got no answer, they're probably closed cause Passover. Einstein needs to get their **** together!

When did you interview if you dont mind me asking?

Withdrew A + 100k scholarship. Regret it already. I hope I don’t regret it even more in the next few years...loved the school and 100k is a lot. Really hard decision that I can’t stop thinking about.

But, if it means that some of you who are passionate about Einstein gets an A or some money, then it’s worth it. Best of luck!

Sending virtual hug. Whatever school you choose will be super lucky to have you! Where are you going?

• Love
Withdrew A + 100k scholarship. Regret it already. I hope I don’t regret it even more in the next few years...loved the school and 100k is a lot. Really hard decision that I can’t stop thinking about.

But, if it means that some of you who are passionate about Einstein gets an A or some money, then it’s worth it. Best of luck!
Thank you for doing this. Best of luck to you in your future journey!

• Love
On HPWL and didn’t receive either of the emails RIP. This schools admissions policies suck so much and even though I liked the school I’m unlikely to attend even if accepted because of the administration.

100K/year or just 100k one time?

Im curious, does anyone know what they base the merit scholarships on? What’s the metric by which they distribute them?

However, it is a religious holiday until Thursday, not just spring break, so I feel like that’s the reason we wouldn’t hear until late next week earliest.
Spring break seems to be for first-year students only, not the whole institution (see screenshot)? I was hoping the people who interviewed late feb/early march (I interviewed Mar 2) will hear back sometime over the next week! If the whole institution is closed for next week then that dream is dead :uhno:

Has anyone who interviewed on Mar 2 heard anything?

Have any accepted students been emailed regarding merit scholarships or grants?