Engrailed

C'est la vie.
Jun 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Are these verification times earlier or later than expected (based on previous years)? I submitted mine Early July and just wondering when my turn will be

MedSchoolProspect101

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
06/17-submitted.
06/21-transcripts received, and application ready to be reviewed.

3 transcripts

Waiting for review to begin. Will update when it is verified.

Last edited:

Sunbodi

2+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Submitted: 6/12 at 9:00 PM CST
Verified: 7/8 at 8 AM CST

If you're still applying make sure to submit prior to 4 PM. I'm pretty sure submissions after 4 PM are treated as submissions of the next day.

Engrailed

C'est la vie.
Jun 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So did they just hire more ppl or is the bulk of applicants coming in july/august...?

rdyotz

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Many schools that track total apps received show around half of the number of applications as last year already - granted the numbers they currently show are primaries received, not secondaries. I doubt they significantly changed how many people they have working. I think I read they had 30 people doing it last year, so if they are a few days ahead they may have hired an extra person - seems unlikely though. I'd say they are either working more efficiently or the way dates fell this year, they may have had an extra day of work so far.

Reactions: StanleyYelnats

kilweedy

2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Last year was pretty slow compared to the year before, tough to tell so early but I wouldnt be surprised if it was quicker.

Dec 28, 2018
thank you! where did you find the data? my mcat score comes out on july 30 so im trying to make sure i WONT be verified by then so i can withdraw if needed.. lol

JustAUser

Hello
2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2017
thank you! where did you find the data? my mcat score comes out on july 30 so im trying to make sure i WONT be verified by then so i can withdraw if needed.. lol

Last year, people who submitted around 7/12 weren't verified until around 8/15

Dec 28, 2018
I believe a better version of my question would be when are you 'under review', because at that point you are no longer able to withdraw. If I submit today on July 14, would I be 'under review' by July 30? How long does it usually take t o go from ready for review to under review?

JustAUser

Hello
2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2017
I believe a better version of my question would be when are you 'under review', because at that point you are no longer able to withdraw. If I submit today on July 14, would I be 'under review' by July 30? How long does it usually take t o go from ready for review to under review?
You'll be fine. You go 'under review' right before you eventually get verified.

Submit to one school, and then add more schools on the 30th so in case you need to withdraw your application, you didn't just spend a lot more money on this application cycle than needed. Adding more schools will not move your place in the queue to get verified.
Also make sure to send in all your transcripts otherwise it can delay your verification.

souravdada

2+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone else under the “someone is verifying your app” criteria since Friday?

Submitted 6/17
Being verified 7/12–?