2019-2020 AMCAS Verification Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted: 06/15/2019 12:48 AM EST.
Verified: ????o_Oo_O

2 transcripts.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted: 6/15/2019 12:36 AM
Verified: 7/10/2019 10:24 AM

1 transcript

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 6/18/19 9:17 AM EST
Verified: ?

1 transcript

Submitted 6/17/19 3:27 AM EST
Verified: 7/11/19 8:39 AM EST

Transcripts: 2

if we submit tomm in mid july, any idea how long we should expect it to take? will i be done by july 30?

Definitely not by July 30. It is right around peak submission time, so it will be roughly 4-6 weeks before verification I think based on historical data if you submit mid-July

Reactions: 1 users
thank you! where did you find the data? my mcat score comes out on july 30 so im trying to make sure i WONT be verified by then so i can withdraw if needed.. lol

Last year, people who submitted around 7/12 weren't verified until around 8/15

I believe a better version of my question would be when are you 'under review', because at that point you are no longer able to withdraw. If I submit today on July 14, would I be 'under review' by July 30? How long does it usually take t o go from ready for review to under review?

You'll be fine. You go 'under review' right before you eventually get verified.

Submit to one school, and then add more schools on the 30th so in case you need to withdraw your application, you didn't just spend a lot more money on this application cycle than needed. Adding more schools will not move your place in the queue to get verified.
Also make sure to send in all your transcripts otherwise it can delay your verification.

Anyone else under the “someone is verifying your app” criteria since Friday?

Submitted 6/17
Being verified 7/12–?

Submitted: 6/18 12:36pm
Verified: 7/15 9:30am

Reactions: 6 users
Submitted: 06/19/2019 07:33 AM EST
Verified: 07/16/2019 08:37 AM EST

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted: 6/19/2019 01:08 EST
Verified: 07/16/2019 16:35 EST

Last edited:
Submitted: 6/20/2019 05:41 EST
Verified: 07/16/2019 17:15 EST

Y'all know that you can see exactly what day they are up to with verifications...its right on the AMCAS home page and also on their twitter feed. They update it every day and it completely corroborates all the posts here. As of today they were up to applications submitted 6/19-20. Just check it yourself whenever you want. https://students-residents.aamc.org...school-process/applying-medical-school-amcas/ Just look at right side of page...underneath AMCAS sign in link.

Reactions: 2 users
Y'all know that you can see exactly what day they are up to with verifications...its right on the AMCAS home page and also on their twitter feed. They update it every day and it completely corroborates all the posts here. As of today they were up to applications submitted 6/19-20. Just check it yourself whenever you want. https://students-residents.aamc.org...school-process/applying-medical-school-amcas/ Just look at right side of page...underneath AMCAS sign in link.

It’s nice to see the time of day information that people post on here. It gives us neurotic premeds more clarity lol. Also, earlier in the cycle, the website was behind what was being posted on here by a day or two.

From what I have been seeing over the last 3 weeks its been exactly accurate. But go ahead and indulge your OCD! LOL :)

• Haha
Submitted: 6/20 2:25 PM
Verified: 7/17 10:36 AM

Here's a helpful graph to get an idea how long it will take:

View attachment 272169
So submitting in July or even Aug looks like 4 weeks of verification time? I don't see any data indicating it taking more than 4 weeks, I'm guessing the 6 week cap is worse case scenario, if you made a mistake on your end somehow. ( like didn't include a transcript, etc.)

Submitted: 6/20 @ 8:47pm
Verified: 7/17 @ 2:45pm
3 Transcripts

From what I have been seeing over the last 3 weeks its been exactly accurate. But go ahead and indulge your OCD! LOL :)

There have been issues with their twitter (Look at early June - they were reviewing 5/31 submissions one day, then the next they were back to 5/30). Granted, every error I have seen has been within +/- 2 days, which is relatively inconsequential. For those that like looking at numbers just for fine - we also get to see early decision timeframes and the effect the number of transcripts has. Obviously, it doesn't matter if we read this forum or use AMCAS provided information or don't follow anything. The result is the same, verifications will happen when they happen.

Submitted: 6/20/2019 - 10:25 PM
Verified: 7/17/2019 - 3:05 PM

4 transcripts

Submitted 6/21/19 @ 10:28AM IST (3:28 EST)
Verified 7/18/19 @ 5:59pm IST (10:59 est)

Submitted 6/22/19 @ 101:59pm central time
Verified 7/18/19 @ 3:55 pm Central time

EDIT: Submitted 6/21/19 @ 6:20PM (EST)
Verified 7/19/2019 @ 3:11PM (EST)

4 transcripts

Last edited:
Submitted 6/23/19 @ 1:55 PM EST
Verified 7/19/19 @ 11:52 AM EST

4 transcripts

When it changes to "under review" does that mean you will be verified soon?

When it changes to "under review" does that mean you will be verified soon?

Most likely, it means they are now looking at your application. It is the weekend though, so unlikely to get verified till Monday. Also, this assumes you don't have any issues with your application.

Submitted: June 24, 9:02pm Central
Verified: July 22, 12:04pm Central

Submitted: June 24th at 4:22 am EST
Verified: July 22nd at 11:38 am EST

Submitted: July 1st at 0:17
Verified: July 27th at 12:38

6 Transcripts.
I guess they are working weekends?

Submitted: July 1st at 0:17
Verified: July 27th at 12:38

6 Transcripts.
I guess they are working weekends?

I submitted July 2nd! I am so ready to be verified but also freaking out at the same time. Haha. I was anticipating at least another week to try to pre-write all of these secondaries.

Someone please advise.

My AMCAS was verified today. I had only listed 1 school.
For the 1 school that I had listed, am I supposed to assume they got my application? Or is it supposed to be just dead silent (until you get secondaries in your inbox)?

@Catalystik @gonnif

Someone please advise.

My AMCAS was verified today. I had only listed 1 school.
For the 1 school that I had listed, am I supposed to assume they got my application? Or is it supposed to be just dead silent (until you get secondaries in your inbox)?

@Catalystik @gonnif
Yeah they get it. Some have automatic sending of secondaries and some you can wait up to a couple of weeks. And some pre-screen first. depends on the school. You can go to the specific school thread and see how that one does it.

Since your AMCAS was just verified, it means it sent to that one school. It may take that school longer to actually send you a secondary though (either next business day or maybe weeks depending)

I would add schools now so that you get their secondaries and can fill them out. Your committee letter can be uploaded while you deal with secondaries

But Im applying to a lot of schools... so would it make sense to add them in batches so I dont have a queue of secondaries in case they all come at once and it makes it seem like Im just sitting on their secondary request

But Im applying to a lot of schools... so would it make sense to add them in batches so I dont have a queue of secondaries in case they all come at once and it makes it seem like Im just sitting on their secondary request
Contrary to what the type-A folks here will tell you, no one is counting those days--they have lots of other things to do in an admissions office. They have hard deadlines and that what matters. You should add them all.

• Love
Yeah they get it. Some have automatic sending of secondaries and some you can wait up to a couple of weeks. And some pre-screen first. depends on the school. You can go to the specific school thread and see how that one does it.

But how do I know that it was actually transmitted? Is there a page on AMCAs that shows
Schools sent: Date.
Because I just see a list with the 1 school that I had listed originally and it doesnt show any confirmation that they actually have my application

But how do I know that it was actually transmitted? Is there a page on AMCAs that shows
Schools sent: Date.
Because I just see a list with the 1 school that I had listed originally and it doesnt show any confirmation that they actually have my application
Go to the school-specific thread and read or post to ask how long it took that school to acknowledge application receipt in some way.

Submitted: July 3rd 2am EST
Verified: July 30th 4:45pm EST

Submitted: 07/03/19 (08:27 pm EST)
Verified: 07/31/19 (2:07 pm EST)

Last edited:
Submitted: 07/03/19 @ 8:28 pm EST
Verified: 07/31/19 @ 2:25 pm EST

Submission Date: 07/01/2019 09:55 PM EST
Processed Date: 07/29/2019 03:43 PM EST
Transcript: 1

Submitted: 7/7
Verified: 8/1

Transcripts: 4

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! LEHHHGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!