2019-2020 AMCAS Verification Timeline

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting to freak out. Will I be at a huge disadvantage if I get verified July 2nd-5th? AMCAS is starting to lag and it appears 6/10 took 2 full days. I submitted 6/12 and I didn't think it would take this long for an early/mid June submission to get verified. People say that early July verifications aren't a big deal but I've seen that some schools do IIs as early as July 10th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting to freak out. Will I be at a huge disadvantage if I get verified July 2nd-5th? AMCAS is starting to lag and it appears 6/10 took 2 full days. I submitted 6/12 and I didn't think it would take this long for an early/mid June submission to get verified. People say that early July verifications aren't a big deal but I've seen that some schools do IIs as early as July 10th.
Chill... Some people don't even submit their primaries until August and still get accepted. If you a strong candidate you will be fine.
 
I'm starting to freak out. Will I be at a huge disadvantage if I get verified July 2nd-5th? AMCAS is starting to lag and it appears 6/10 took 2 full days. I submitted 6/12 and I didn't think it would take this long for an early/mid June submission to get verified. People say that early July verifications aren't a big deal but I've seen that some schools do IIs as early as July 10th.
I think IIs given that early are specifically for Early Decision applicants. Some schools haven't even sent out their first batch of secondaries. Do not fret!
 
This has been posted about numerous times: some colleges send these invites out BEFORE you are fully verified. They get a list when applicants submit. It's not that you're so behind, it's just that some schools are getting out ahead of the rush. It takes a long time to review thousands of applicants.
 
submitted 06/10 now it says processing is complete. WHere do I find gpa calculations on aamc application
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are these verification times earlier or later than expected (based on previous years)? I submitted mine Early July and just wondering when my turn will be
 
06/17-submitted.
06/21-transcripts received, and application ready to be reviewed.
07/18- VERIFIED!!!!

3 transcripts

Update 1: It is 7/16 and my application is still marked as "ready to be reviewed." This makes me nervous as I was expecting it to be verified by the end of this week.
Update 2: Verified!
 
Last edited:
Submitted: 6/12 at 9:00 PM CST
Verified: 7/8 at 8 AM CST

If you're still applying make sure to submit prior to 4 PM. I'm pretty sure submissions after 4 PM are treated as submissions of the next day.
 
So did they just hire more ppl or is the bulk of applicants coming in july/august...?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many schools that track total apps received show around half of the number of applications as last year already - granted the numbers they currently show are primaries received, not secondaries. I doubt they significantly changed how many people they have working. I think I read they had 30 people doing it last year, so if they are a few days ahead they may have hired an extra person - seems unlikely though. I'd say they are either working more efficiently or the way dates fell this year, they may have had an extra day of work so far.
 
Last year was pretty slow compared to the year before, tough to tell so early but I wouldnt be surprised if it was quicker.