2019-2020 AMCAS Verification Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow this is going way faster than I expected. Gonna have to increase my speed of pre-writing pretty drastically. They'll probably verify July 9th submission on Monday, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Today’s jump is probably an exception because a bunch of people went on vacation between July 4-7 this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Question: has anyone here had AMCAS change your coursework entries? I've got a couple of science-ish courses that might sway either way, so I'm trying to categorize them such that it favors my BCPM GPA. If AMCAS changed your coursework, did it set back your verification time significantly? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today’s jump is probably an exception because a bunch of people went on vacation between July 4-7 this year.
But still, it seems fewer people submit later in July so they still may sift through faster, there is no guarantee that it's one per day. Idk. It still may be faster.

Thought I'd share for those who are curious

Submitted: 07/10/19 (3:04 pm EST)
Verified: 08/05/19 (5:55 pm EST)
Transcripts: 2

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted: 7/13/19 11:33 pm EST
Verified: 8/7/19 11:09 am EST
1 transcript

Submitted: 7/14/19 10:54 pm EST
Verified: 8/7/19 1:16 pm EST
1 transcript

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my application on July 11, and had all my transcripts EXCEPT one received by AMCAS prior to this. For whatever reason, the school delivered it to AMCAS but it was never received. I ended up re-sending the transcript, and AMCAS received it on August 1 and said my application is in queue for verification.

What counts as my submission date, July 11 or August 1??? I was expecting to be verified this week.

@gonnif

Last edited:
I submitted my application on July 11, and had all my transcripts EXCEPT one received by AMCAS prior to this. For whatever reason, the school delivered it to AMCAS but it was never received. I ended up re-sending the transcript, and AMCAS received it on August 1 and said my application is in queue for verification.

What counts as my submission date, July 11 or August 1??? I was expecting to be verified this week.

August 1 is when you would have been Ready for Review so when AMCAS starts verifying Aug. 1 files, you'll be done then.

You are applying to med school. At this point in life it's your responsibility to make sure things go right. Otherwise you're gonna spend the rest of your life bearing the burden of other people's mistakes. It's just a sad reality dude.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 18July2019 0052 EST (Midnight)
Verified 09August2019 1206 EST (Noon)
2 Transcripts

Submitted: 7/26/2019
Verified: 8/14/2019

Did they make updates/start using AI this year? They are just tearing through these verifications.

Last edited:
They are FLYING through these.
Submitted: 7/30
Verified: 8/15

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier
Submitted 7/21/19 8:04 PM EST
Verified 8/12/19 1:07 PM EST

1 transcript

Submitted 8/4
Verified 8/19

Submitted 8/6
Verified 8/20

Wow, they sure have been fast as of late! :D

On a side note, they were VERY lenient when it came to course classification :)

Last edited:
Submitted 8/13 4 PM. Verified 8/22 12:30 PM. Time to get those secondaries in by Labor day!

Submitted 8/13 4 PM. Verified 8/22 12:30 PM. Time to get those secondaries in by Labor day!
Wtf. So fast!!! they need to update the manual with these new turnaround times...glad you got verified early :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Submitted 8/20 4pm, verified today 8/27 8:30am

Submitted 8/28 @ 9:19am, verified today 8/29 @2:43pm!
Thanks amcas!:claps:

4 Transcripts

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Submitted 8/20, verified 8/26. super shocked, glad I'm already complete at a few schools before labor day

Here is the graph from data collected within this thread (152 self-reported data points) and from the AMCAS twitter account. Not all dates are represented from this thread, so I estimated some points which resulted in smoother transitions than AMCAS. Also, not everyone here posted times (only dates), so there is some variability. AMCAS data shows quick bumps due to not verifying on weekends (for the most part). Also, I ignored the data from Early Decision applicants who all got verified within a day.

The longest verification for SDN users was submitted on July 2nd, which took 28.61 days. Based on AMCAS, the longest day to get verified was if you submitted on June 29th, which took 30 days. AMCAS caught up with submissions/verifications on September 6th.

Hopefully, people applying in May get some use out of this (apply early?).

verification.jpg

Reactions: 6 users