You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 AMCAS Verification Timeline
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
9
993444
Today’s jump is probably an exception because a bunch of people went on vacation between July 4-7 this year.
Question: has anyone here had AMCAS change your coursework entries? I've got a couple of science-ish courses that might sway either way, so I'm trying to categorize them such that it favors my BCPM GPA. If AMCAS changed your coursework, did it set back your verification time significantly? Thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But still, it seems fewer people submit later in July so they still may sift through faster, there is no guarantee that it's one per day. Idk. It still may be faster.Today’s jump is probably an exception because a bunch of people went on vacation between July 4-7 this year.
Thought I'd share for those who are curious
Submitted: 07/10/19 (3:04 pm EST)
Verified: 08/05/19 (5:55 pm EST)
Transcripts: 2
Submitted: 07/10/19 (3:04 pm EST)
Verified: 08/05/19 (5:55 pm EST)
Transcripts: 2
Thought I'd share for those who are curious
Submitted: 07/10/19 (3:04 pm EST)
Verified: 08/05/19 (5:55 pm EST)
Transcripts: 2
Thank you! Submitted 7/20! Cant wait
9
907914
They are flying now! Awesome!Submitted: 7/11/19 4:50 pm EST
Verified: 8/6/19 12:10 pm EST
4 transcripts
crowdsourcing
New Member
submitted 7/12/19
verified 8/6/2019
5 transcripts
verified 8/6/2019
5 transcripts
Submitted: 7/13/19 11:33 pm EST
Verified: 8/7/19 11:09 am EST
1 transcript
Verified: 8/7/19 11:09 am EST
1 transcript
They are flying....Submitted: 7/14/19 10:54 pm EST
Verified: 8/7/19 1:16 pm EST
1 transcript
I submitted my application on July 11, and had all my transcripts EXCEPT one received by AMCAS prior to this. For whatever reason, the school delivered it to AMCAS but it was never received. I ended up re-sending the transcript, and AMCAS received it on August 1 and said my application is in queue for verification.
What counts as my submission date, July 11 or August 1??? I was expecting to be verified this week.
@gonnif
What counts as my submission date, July 11 or August 1??? I was expecting to be verified this week.
@gonnif
Last edited:
9
993444
I submitted my application on July 11, and had all my transcripts EXCEPT one received by AMCAS prior to this. For whatever reason, the school delivered it to AMCAS but it was never received. I ended up re-sending the transcript, and AMCAS received it on August 1 and said my application is in queue for verification.
What counts as my submission date, July 11 or August 1??? I was expecting to be verified this week.
August 1 is when you would have been Ready for Review so when AMCAS starts verifying Aug. 1 files, you'll be done then.
You are applying to med school. At this point in life it's your responsibility to make sure things go right. Otherwise you're gonna spend the rest of your life bearing the burden of other people's mistakes. It's just a sad reality dude.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are FLYING through these.
Submitted: 7/30
Verified: 8/15
Submitted: 7/30
Verified: 8/15
I thought so too! I’m pleasantly surprised!Just over 2 weeks, that's absolutely incredible! Thought this was supposed to be peak turnaround time? Wonder what's changed this year.
Sorry I forgot to post this earlier
Submitted 7/21/19 8:04 PM EST
Verified 8/12/19 1:07 PM EST
1 transcript
Submitted 7/21/19 8:04 PM EST
Verified 8/12/19 1:07 PM EST
1 transcript
Submitted 8/13 4 PM. Verified 8/22 12:30 PM. Time to get those secondaries in by Labor day!
Wtf. So fast!!! they need to update the manual with these new turnaround times...glad you got verified early 🙂Submitted 8/13 4 PM. Verified 8/22 12:30 PM. Time to get those secondaries in by Labor day!
Submitted 8/13 4 PM. Verified 8/22 12:30 PM. Time to get those secondaries in by Labor day!
I am astonished. But happily so.Yeah I submitted 8/15 and got verified today 8/23. I love it when I procrastinate and it all works out 😉
Submitted 8/28 @ 9:19am, verified today 8/29 @2:43pm!
Thanks amcas!
4 Transcripts
Thanks amcas!

4 Transcripts
Last edited:
Submitted 8/20, verified 8/26. super shocked, glad I'm already complete at a few schools before labor day
Here is the graph from data collected within this thread (152 self-reported data points) and from the AMCAS twitter account. Not all dates are represented from this thread, so I estimated some points which resulted in smoother transitions than AMCAS. Also, not everyone here posted times (only dates), so there is some variability. AMCAS data shows quick bumps due to not verifying on weekends (for the most part). Also, I ignored the data from Early Decision applicants who all got verified within a day.
The longest verification for SDN users was submitted on July 2nd, which took 28.61 days. Based on AMCAS, the longest day to get verified was if you submitted on June 29th, which took 30 days. AMCAS caught up with submissions/verifications on September 6th.
Hopefully, people applying in May get some use out of this (apply early?).
The longest verification for SDN users was submitted on July 2nd, which took 28.61 days. Based on AMCAS, the longest day to get verified was if you submitted on June 29th, which took 30 days. AMCAS caught up with submissions/verifications on September 6th.
Hopefully, people applying in May get some use out of this (apply early?).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K