2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is class generally helpful to one another or is it highly competitive environment? Also is interview conducted in groups of students from MMS or with traditional applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is class generally helpful to one another or is it highly competitive environment?
You’re not really competing with one another so it’s not really competitive. If 10 get the GPA And have a good interview then 10 get in, if 50 get the GPA and have a good interview then 50 get in. It’s not like they’re only taking the top 30, the bad ones weed themselves out throughout the year so the admissions committee doesn’t really have to.

Last year 46 met criteria, 45 matriculated and 1 went to another school of I remember correctly. There’s a lot of students who don’t take it seriously and it’s almost the equivalent of first year med school minus some things. People who don’t study get literally like 2.6 GPAs or people won’t study for a 1 credit hour class and fail it making them ineligible for matriculation. It’s a difficult program but not impossible. The numbers sound bad but I’ll say 99% of the time it’s a students own doing for why the matriculation from the program is so low.
They also don't tell you how many of those matriculants are taking the program a second time. This year it's probably 15 or more

Members don't see this ad :)
They also don't tell you how many of those matriculants are taking the program a second time. This year it's probably 15 or more
I will say it’s heavily more this year and i honestly would say more like 30+ are repeating but it’s because the fact it was a new program this year and they were able to get financial aid again. (Post bacc and now masters) Before, if you repeated the program you had to finance through private loans. (Because it was the same post bacc program each year) So if someone who failed this year they wouldn’t be able to get financial aid next year it would have to be through private loans.

I am not submitting my AIS since I never took SAT. So, I am relying on MCAT scores. I won't get MCAT score until mid june. Is submitting MCAT score in mid june considered late for the MMS starting in August 2020? Is the class size capped?

I am not submitting my AIS since I never took SAT. So, I am relying on MCAT scores. I won't get MCAT score until mid june. Is submitting MCAT score in mid june considered late for the MMS starting in August 2020? Is the class size capped?
It’s either SAT or ACT, don’t have to use both. I used undergrad GPA + ACT. And based on the past couple years numbers I’m assuming they keep the class around 180. You can apply for MMS without your MCAT and even start class but you won’t be able to matriculate if you don’t get the 497. Some of the people in my class just took theirs in January, the downfall of that is if you don’t get the MCAT score you don’t have a chance to take it again and it won’t matter what GPA you get in the program.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m also currently doing the mms program. If you have any questions feel free to pm me :)

Reactions: 1 users
I know you can use AIS instead of MCAT to get admission in MMS, but for those not using AIS, what MCAT score is required to get admission in MMS. Anyone get accepted into MMS program with MCAT score below 497? Thanks.

I know you can use AIS instead of MCAT to get admission in MMS, but for those not using AIS, what MCAT score is required to get admission in MMS. Anyone get accepted into MMS program with MCAT score below 497? Thanks.
Lol what I’m trying to say is you don’t even need an MCAT to get into the Masters. It’s a Masters program and not medical school. You will not need an MCAT to get acceptance to the masters program at all. However eventually you will need to retake it anytime before January if you want to continue on the the medical school and get a 497 or higher. But this is not needed for the acceptance to the masters so you can get accepted with a 481 for all they care but you will just need to retake it while you’re in the masters to continue on to the medical school.

Hello, I was recently accepted for the class of 2020-21. Was hoping to ask current or former students for the list of textbooks/other resources that will gone over throughout both semesters. If anyone has the book list for fall even, that would be helpful. Thank you.

Hello, I was recently accepted for the class of 2020-21. Was hoping to ask current or former students for the list of textbooks/other resources that will gone over throughout both semesters. If anyone has the book list for fall even, that would be helpful. Thank you.
If you haven’t gotten any info yet you can private message me your email and I can send you some files

Lets say if you meet the criteria and do well in interview and get accepted, do you start DO the same year or you have to go through a gap year? Also can you choose what pathway you want and location?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets say if you meet the criteria and do well in interview and get accepted, do you start DO the same year or you have to go through a gap year? Also can you choose what pathway you want and location?
Same year!

Did other accepted MMS students get a new link on their admissions page after you got accepted that says, "College of Medicine Pre-Matriculation Guide"? If you click the link, it contains things like what your first year as a medical student will be with an anatomy lecture and other materials. I'm confused if this is meant for the MMS students or medical students. Anyone have this too?

Last edited:
Did other accepted MMS students get a new link on their admissions page after you got accepted that says, "College of Medicine Pre-Matriculation Guide"? If you click the link, it contains things like what your first year as a medical student will be with an anatomy lecture and other materials. I'm confused if this is meant for the MMS students or medical students. Anyone have this too?

looks like I did as well. Neat.
1F532C7D-C782-4F30-99B2-1656EF001819.png

Hi guys! To those who got accepted to MMS program at Erie.

When you received acceptance letter, did it say if you maintance a certain GPA and MCAT score, you will get into med school?

I mentioned that I am interested in dental pathway, but my acceptance letter only stated about the med school

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys! To those who got accepted to MMS program at Erie.

When you received acceptance letter, did it say if you maintance a certain GPA and MCAT score, you will get into med school?

I mentioned that I am interested in dental pathway, but my acceptance letter only stated about the med school

Thanks in advance!
Dental school has different requirements. I believe this year it was a 17 in each section of the DAT and a slightly higher GPA than med (maybe 3.3/3.4?) can’t remember exactly on GPA. You do a Skype interview with the Bradenton admissions for the dental school. However, I don’t think there’s any dental students left in our program this year.

I received an email asking me to answer questions in a video format. Just wondering if other applicants received this too and if this is something new erie decided to do this year? Thanks!

I received an email asking me to answer questions in a video format. Just wondering if other applicants received this too and if this is something new erie decided to do this year? Thanks!
I also had to answer three questions in a video format. I'm not sure if it's different from previous years but am pretty sure all other applicants this year have to do it.

I also had to answer three questions in a video format. I'm not sure if it's different from previous years but am pretty sure all other applicants this year have to do it.

me too

Also accepted into this program recently, I was wondering if we had the option to go to Bradenton instead of Erie for the MMS?

This program seems pretty straightforward, get good grades, don't get in trouble, and have the required test score before and you're solid.

I'm debating between this program and a few other programs.

Do you have to wait to receive the letter in the mail to know if you were accepted or do you get an email/phone call?

You have to wait for the snail mail letter.
How long does it take? I didn’t receive the email because I forgot to include mine but when I checked it said a decision has been made & I’ll receive it within 30 days?
Did you wait the entire 30 day before getting the letter?

How long does it take? I didn’t receive the email because I forgot to include mine but when I checked it said a decision has been made & I’ll receive it within 30 days?
Did you wait the entire 30 day before getting the letter?
Takes about a week give or take

Hello all! Just submitted my app a few days ago. I was just wondering the average turn around time for finding out the admissions decision? Thanks!

Hi there, just wanted to make some corrections from the response to this as I’m a current Master’s student. The GPA requirement this year is in fact a 3.2, they had raised it to that last year after it previously being a 3.0. It does make sense that it’s moved to a 3.3 for this next cycle as the coursework is extremely similar to the first year of medical school.

How it works in Erie at least is you start in early August and have 19 credit hours (7 courses) a semester. We interview every Thursday in January as groups. Another thing is if you are ONLY planning on continuing on at LECOM you do not have to even submit an application, you only do an AACOMAS if you are applying ELSEWHERE while doing the Master’s because they already have your information. Throughout the spring semester they send conditional acceptances or at the end all together they will send acceptances to those who have not failed a course and have a 3.2 or above (3.3 in your class’ case) based in order of fall GPA. People with higher GPA’s get their acceptances first over those who are borderline. Also of course you must have an acceptable interview and not get into trouble outside of class.

Therefore I started the Masters in August 2019 and would matriculate into the July 2020 class.

There are a few things that are different for dental students.

If you have any questions lmk.

Great information, I wanted to know also if you haven't taken MCAT at all and scared of low score because am non traditional student my AIS score was told below 112 by 2 points. What are your chances if cGPA above 3.3 and passed the interview. Do you know anyone without MCAT or below 497 score but GPA was above 3.3 in the MMS program that got in or stand a chance??

Great information, I wanted to know also if you haven't taken MCAT at all and scared of low score because am non traditional student my AIS score was told below 112 by 2 points. What are your chances if cGPA above 3.3 and passed the interview. Do you know anyone without MCAT or below 497 score but GPA was above 3.3 in the MMS program that got in or stand a chance??
Since you don’t have the AIS score you have to have the MCAT score. You have to have one or the other, you can’t have neither. If you don’t have either it doesn’t matter how well your GPA in the program is or how well your interview goes. So if you have below that AIS score you need to take the MCAT and get 497 or above. No exceptions on that rule.

Since you don’t have the AIS score you have to have the MCAT score. You have to have one or the other, you can’t have neither. If you don’t have either it doesn’t matter how well your GPA in the program is or how well your interview goes. So if you have below that AIS score you need to take the MCAT and get 497 or above. No exceptions on that rule.

I See thanks for your information. they know I don't have mcat, and they had told me my AIS score was slightly lower so why are they asking me to apply MMS program? could it be that at some point during or after the program I will be asked to take the mcat? or being a PA it could be waived like use the low AIS score and the program GPA? i don't know. Because if I will be demanded to take the mcat regardless then its better probably better taking a chance on trying the mcat first b4 making decision on the program. What do you think?

I See thanks for your information. they know I don't have mcat, and they had told me my AIS score was slightly lower so why are they asking me to apply MMS program? could it be that at some point during or after the program I will be asked to take the mcat? or being a PA it could be waived like use the low AIS score and the program GPA? i don't know. Because if I will be demanded to take the mcat regardless then its better probably better taking a chance on trying the mcat first b4 making decision on the program. What do you think?
It can’t be waived, you are able to take the MCAT while you’re in the program though. They might have liked your application but you just didn’t have the numbers MCAT or AIS wise. This program proves you’d be a good student. I recommend taking the MCAT the summer before you start the MMS to give yourself time Incase you have to take it again during the year. You just need it before next January usually. If you’re already a physicians assistant they have an accelerated program that is I think 3 years instead of 4 that you could do after the masters OR if you just get a really good MCAT apply straight and try and do the 3 year program for PAs.

After you get the status/ email saying decision was made and receive a letter in the mail in about 30 days.. is that normally an acceptance or rejection? Super curious to know.
Thanks

also on the website it says like requirements met.

Hello all :) ! I just recently applied to the MMS program in Bradenton. My status has been changed to "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."...Has anyone had this happen to them? Truthfully, this made me a little nervous. Any comments are appreciated, thank you!

Hi Guys,

Please follow this facebook page for the 2020-2021 year. Lecom-B MMS 2020-2021 or search LECOM B MMS 2020-2021

The current page is run by an admin who turned the page into a joke page for some reason.

Hi Guys,

Please follow this facebook page for the 2020-2021 year. Lecom-B MMS 2020-2021 or search LECOM B MMS 2020-2021

The current page is run by an admin who turned the page into a joke page for some reason.

I just created this page, please follow it guys so we have a common page for the program.

About how long does it take from your application to go from “your application is currently under review” til the “we have made a decision on your application” status. Thank you!

About how long does it take from your application to go from “your application is currently under review” til the “we have made a decision on your application” status. Thank you!

Took me 1 week

I was told to send a video interview for this program. When talking to the rep he told me approximately 55% matriculate out of 120 total. That's around 77 students. But from looking at this thread previous students are saying much less. How would you guys fare this in comparison to PCOM's or VCOM's SMP

Has anyone not done a video interview through the application process? If so, were you accepted? Thanks!

I was told to send a video interview for this program. When talking to the rep he told me approximately 55% matriculate out of 120 total. That's around 77 students. But from looking at this thread previous students are saying much less. How would you guys fare this in comparison to PCOM's or VCOM's SMP
Not entirely sure about PCOM but VCOM has a guaranteed acceptance if you meet their requirements, not just an interview. So I'd imagine they have a slightly higher matriculation rate. Also is that number for matriculation anywhere, or just at LECOM. I'd imagine a handful of students end up applying out and attending other schools aside from LECOM as well.

I also finally got the video interview email. Hopefully this is a good sign. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone have any insight about the program? Is there any previous student that has gone through this that is willing to share? Thanks.

Not entirely sure about PCOM but VCOM has a guaranteed acceptance if you meet their requirements, not just an interview. So I'd imagine they have a slightly higher matriculation rate. Also is that number for matriculation anywhere, or just at LECOM. I'd imagine a handful of students end up applying out and attending other schools aside from LECOM as well.

I also finally got the video interview email. Hopefully this is a good sign. Good luck everyone!

Yeah I still need to complete it (been a week). Have you spoken with anyone that previously went through this program?

Does anyone have any insight about the program? Is there any previous student that has gone through this that is willing to share? Thanks.
Current student. Received my acceptance already. Pm me if you have any ?s. Me and any of my friends would be willing to answer anything you need.

Current student. Received my acceptance already. Pm me if you have any ?s. Me and any of my friends would be willing to answer anything you need.

Hey man,

How did you find roommates for the program? And where are the main places that students live?

Yeah I still need to complete it (been a week). Have you spoken with anyone that previously went through this program?
Nobody personally, just through forums and whatnot.
I can answer anything you want to know
Did you have to do the video interview questions when you applied? How long did it take to hear back from the school?

Hey man,

How did you find roommates for the program? And where are the main places that students live?
It depends on how close you want to live. Some people don’t have cars so they live in walking distance. There’s some apartments right across the road from LECOM and a lot of LECOM housing. If you email them they likely will have a list of available properties. A lot of my friends either live alone, found eachother on fb, accepted students day or just from choosing to live in an apartment place close by and them matching you with another LECOM student. A lot of students live at the hammocks and the apartments across from LECOM that I can’t remember what they’re called but the hammocks can be a little pricey. I found my townhome on apartments.com.

Nobody personally, just through forums and whatnot.

Did you have to do the video interview questions when you applied? How long did it take to hear back from the school?
The interview questions are actually new this year. They made the change pretty last minute from post bacc to masters so when I applied it was post bacc but when I was accepted it was masters.

Hi can you private message me about the MMS program at LECOM it says I cannot see your profile and I have some questions if you dont mind answering them!