2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi can you private message me about the MMS program at LECOM it says I cannot see your profile and I have some questions if you dont mind answering them!
Sorry I think I fixed it! You have the same settings where no one can message you either so if you click on my profile there should be an option.

Members don't see this ad.

The interview questions are actually new this year. They made the change pretty last minute from post bacc to masters so when I applied it was post bacc but when I was accepted it was masters.
Gotcha. Well hopefully I get accepted! Sent in my video response this weekend. LECOM is currently my top choice. Thank you for answering all these questions in the thread!

Gotcha. Well hopefully I get accepted! Sent in my video response this weekend. LECOM is currently my top choice. Thank you for answering all these questions in the thread!
As long as you’re even just average (sometimes less tbh), LECOM is great at giving some underdogs their chance.. l’m for one grateful for this. They definitely look past some of the numbers and see great potential. So best of luck! Pm me if you have any ?s.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody personally, just through forums and whatnot.

Did you have to do the video interview questions when you applied? How long did it take to hear back from the school?
We didn't have to do a video interview. From the time I submitted my application to my acceptance letter in the mail was 5 days

We didn't have to do a video interview. From the time I submitted my application to my acceptance letter in the mail was 5 days

I submitted 9 days ago, and submitted my video interview about 5 days ago. Haven't heard back yet from the school either via email or physical mail, but I'm assuming the COVID-19 outbreak may be partially responsible.

I submitted my video interview on feb 25. Since last week my portal says that a decision has been made and a letter will arrive within 30 days. Been waiting for 10 days now but no letter yet.

Would any former/current students be willing to PM about this program, I am deciding between a few SMPs and wanna get a students opinion. Thanks!

Hello all I have just been accepted into the MMS program! Timeline for me was as follows: approximately one week after I submitted the app and got everything to LECOM, I was invited to complete the video interview, after completion of video interview it took about 5 days to receive my acceptance. My stats were cGPA: 3.45 and sGPA: 3.30 MCAT 498 two research opportunities, 100+ hours shadowing, and two jobs within the hospital systems! Best of luck to all of those who applied or are applying!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all I have just been accepted into the MMS program! Timeline for me was as follows: approximately one week after I submitted the app and got everything to LECOM, I was invited to complete the video interview, after completion of video interview it took about 5 days to receive my acceptance. My stats were cGPA: 3.45 and sGPA: 3.30 MCAT 498 two research opportunities, 100+ hours shadowing, and two jobs within the hospital systems! Best of luck to all of those who applied or are applying!!
I have to be brutally honest...why not just take the MCAT again? There is nothing wrong with your GPA

@PeanutArbuckle the 498 was actually my second time taking it first was worse unfortunately, not a good test taker and hate the MCAT! I thought about retaking the MCAT one more time and doing some research/working this year and then applying for next cycle, but this seemed like a safer option given my test history. It might be more expensive but I would hate to waste even more time in studying for the MCAT to do worse and then waste basically another year if that makes sense. Is this a poor decision on my part? Not being sarcastic genuinely asking!

@PeanutArbuckle the 498 was actually my second time taking it first was worse unfortunately, not a good test taker and hate the MCAT! I thought about retaking the MCAT one more time and doing some research/working this year and then applying for next cycle, but this seemed like a safer option given my test history. It might be more expensive but I would hate to waste even more time in studying for the MCAT to do worse and then waste basically another year if that makes sense. Is this a poor decision on my part? Not being sarcastic genuinely asking!

I think you made the right choice. I personally had a 3.8 GPA but had a horrible MCAT even after taking it twice. You could always take it again in the winter After the fall classes (they’re very helpful for the MCAT) and apply during this next cycle so you can have choices if you don’t love it here.

Still waiting to hear back following the video interview submission, but my stats are cGPA: 3.25 and sGPA: 3.0. Strong ECs but MCAT is 494. In the same boat as @amint32. I probably could take the MCAT a third time but this feels like a much safer route.

Members don't see this ad :)
@asa0009 will you be attending the DO program this coming fall? If so, how was the Masters program. Did you find it hard to get that desired 3.3 and then have a successful interview to get into the program. Thank you!

@asa0009 will you be attending the DO program this coming fall? If so, how was the Masters program. Did you find it hard to get that desired 3.3 and then have a successful interview to get into the program. Thank you!
Yes, I’ll PM you.

Oh God, I had been keeping away from the portal but I checked today and it says a decision has been made. No clue when that status was put up as I never received an email regarding a status change. Fingers crossed its an acceptance :arghh:

Oh God, I had been keeping away from the portal but I checked today and it says a decision has been made. No clue when that status was put up as I never received an email regarding a status change. Fingers crossed its an acceptance :arghh:
I hope its an acceptance ! When did you apply? and did they input all your requirements?

I hope its an acceptance ! When did you apply? and did they input all your requirements?
Applied March 9th and video interview submitted March 13th. I'm not sure what you mean by requirements. Is this something that shows in the portal after an acceptance?

Applied March 9th and video interview submitted March 13th. I'm not sure what you mean by requirements. Is this something that shows in the portal after an acceptance?
Its in the Admissions Required Letters and Credits tab. I'm asking because I emailed them my resume and DL, but they only uploaded the DL on 03/24 and the resume was left as (not yet received/entered) :/ So I was not sure if they wait to review your application until they have all materials. I have yet to hear from the admissions committee and I applied March 5th...
My stats are cGPA:3.44 sGPA:2.98 DAT:18, 100+ EC, and working as a dental assistant.

Its in the Admissions Required Letters and Credits tab. I'm asking because I emailed them my resume and DL, but they only uploaded the DL on 03/24 and the resume was left as (not yet received/entered) :/ So I was not sure if they wait to review your application until they have all materials. I have yet to hear from the admissions committee and I applied March 5th...
My stats are cGPA:3.44 sGPA:2.98 DAT:18, 100+ EC, and working as a dental assistant.
Oh gotcha. I had already applied to the DO program and this was my backup. So my letters and transcript were already with them before I applied to the MMS. I would email them just to make sure they received it. I'd hate for you to wait only to find out it was a clerical error on their end. Besides its been 3 weeks so it would be fair enough to just double check with them that they have received your DL.

My stats: cGPA: 3.25 and sGPA: 3.0. MCAT is 494 and strong ECs including paid and unpaid medical experience, leadership, and nonclinical volunteering

Oh gotcha. I had already applied to the DO program and this was my backup. So my letters and transcript were already with them before I applied to the MMS. I would email them just to make sure they received it. I'd hate for you to wait only to find out it was a clerical error on their end. Besides its been 3 weeks so it would be fair enough to just double check with them that they have received your DL.

My stats: cGPA: 3.25 and sGPA: 3.0. MCAT is 494 and strong ECs including paid and unpaid medical experience, leadership, and nonclinical volunteering
Thank you, will do ! I hope you get in :)

WOOT got in! Mailed in my deposit today. I'm assuming I wait until they receive the check before getting any next steps? @amint32

Can anyone speak to the interview requirement? Is it more just a formality or are they scrutinizing you as heavily as a regular applicant? I'm a bit wary of 'guaranteed interviews'...

Can anyone speak to the interview requirement? Is it more just a formality or are they scrutinizing you as heavily as a regular applicant? I'm a bit wary of 'guaranteed interviews'...
Last year 46 met criteria, 45 matriculated and 1 went to another school of I remember correctly. There’s a lot of students who don’t take it seriously and it’s almost the equivalent of first year med school minus some things. People who don’t study get literally like 2.6 GPAs or people won’t study for a 1 credit hour class and fail it making them ineligible for matriculation. It’s a difficult program but not impossible. The numbers sound bad but I’ll say 99% of the time it’s a students own doing for why the matriculation from the program is so low.
This was earlier in the thread. This is also consistent with what I've read elsewhere. It sounds like LECOM does not turn down its own students as long as they meet requirements, display professionalism (don't get in trouble with the dress code, food policies, and the obvious behaviors), and don't absolutely toss the interview. I wouldn't assume the interview is a formality, you still should be serious about it, but so long as you are confident, seems like you'll be fine. @asa0009 correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@mangomekrazy yes! I received an email a few days after I sent my deposit in confirming they received my deposit and then an email a day or so later with additional information and forms to fill out! Congrats on your acceptance!

@mangomekrazy yes! I received an email a few days after I sent my deposit in confirming they received my deposit and then an email a day or so later with additional information and forms to fill out! Congrats on your acceptance!
Awesome. I can't wait; super ecstatic for this opportunity!!

I have a question.
Mr. Murphy told me that you don't need to submit AIS or MCAT to be considered for admission. Can someone comment on this?
Thank you!

This was earlier in the thread. This is also consistent with what I've read elsewhere. It sounds like LECOM does not turn down its own students as long as they meet requirements, display professionalism (don't get in trouble with the dress code, food policies, and the obvious behaviors), and don't absolutely toss the interview. I wouldn't assume the interview is a formality, you still should be serious about it, but so long as you are confident, seems like you'll be fine. @asa0009 correct me if I'm wrong.
This is right, and is very similar to first year medical school. If you do well there’s absolutely no reason why they wouldn’t want you. Of course if you do any of the above stated (get in trouble, are horrible in interview,etc) they of course have every right to not matriculate you. You are screened in the interview process the same as every other applicant from the general pool with group interview and individual interview. They aren’t going to go easy on you just because you’re in one of their programs.
I have a question.
Mr. Murphy told me that you don't need to submit AIS or MCAT to be considered for admission. Can someone comment on this?
Thank you!
This is true. This is a masters program. You do not need to have them to be admitted just like you don’t need an MCAT to be admitted to masters of public health or masters of education. People can do this program without wanting to go to medical school. However if you want to matriculate into the medical school you will need to have the required MCAT score by I think the last test they allowed was in Jan. So several people take the MCAT while they’re in the MMS program.

@asa0009 are there research opportunities for MMS students? I'm looking to do research during medical school, and was curious if it's possible to get started on it before M1.

@asa0009 are there research opportunities for MMS students? I'm looking to do research during medical school, and was curious if it's possible to get started on it before M1.
Technically yes but it’s not recommended. Quite frankly during your first year of medical school you can’t start in anything until after first semester. But after that there’s plenty of opportunities.

Has anyone here applied to the Bradenton campus as well? Anyone know why their requirement is 3.2, unlike Erie's which is 3.3?

Does anyone know what day the program starts?
First day is August 10th
Has anyone here applied to the Bradenton campus as well? Anyone know why their requirement is 3.2, unlike Erie's which is 3.3?
I did not apply to Bradenton. From what I know the two campuses operate independently, so their requirements may be due to slightly different coursework. Just guessing though.

Just got my acceptance yesterday! I’ll be sending in my deposit shortly. Very excited to be a part of this program!

How soon should I start apartment hunting? I know the pandemic changes things but theoretically how early is too early? New to this sort of stuff lol.

How soon should I start apartment hunting? I know the pandemic changes things but theoretically how early is too early? New to this sort of stuff lol.
I would definitely start. A lot of the good stuff goes pretty fast.

Question! I'm applying this cycle for medical school but have low stats for my undergrad. If I'm accepted in to the program and take the MCAT before classes start and score well (~510), will I be able to start medical school at LECOM right after I finish the masters program successfully? Or is there another gap year?

My application was complete on 4/10 and haven't received a video interview or anything really. Is anyone in a. similar situation?

Question! I'm applying this cycle for medical school but have low stats for my undergrad. If I'm accepted in to the program and take the MCAT before classes start and score well (~510), will I be able to start medical school at LECOM right after I finish the masters program successfully? Or is there another gap year?
If I understand your question correctly, then yes. You can take the MCAT during the school year as well. If you're using AIS then that will be squared away prior to the school year beginning anyway. There's no gap year after the MMS. Students matriculate into the following class. If you start the MMS this August, you will begin medical school next August (all requirements met, of course).
My application was complete on 4/10 and haven't received a video interview or anything really. Is anyone in a. similar situation?
I wouldn't worry too much to be honest. You can probably email if you don't hear back by Monday. I think due to the pandemic things are just taking a little bit longer.

Does anyone have any materials or PowerPoints from last years class?!? I’m over quarantine might as well get ahead.

hey yall, I am debating between this program and touro harlem masters, anyone else in the same situation?

How did you guys send in your official MCAT scores for the masters program? Did you just upload it to AACOM or is there another way?

I’m an (almost) former MMS student, we have finals Monday/Tuesday :soexcited: and am matriculating LDP-Erie this Fall. I always got a ton of help from prev students through these SDN posts so I want to return the favor. If you have any questions about Erie, LECOM, MMS, etc. please feel free to ask. I was looking around and someone from your class made a thread for the 2020-2021 program if y’all wanna hop over there and meet more future classmates!

Quick question, does anybody know if there are any specific supplies we need for this program like lab coats, stethoscope, etc? Thanks in advance! :) Trying to prepare the best I can!

Nope! You don't need any supplies. Just a laptop for exams and a lot of people use iPads in class (helpful for anatomy)!