2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who were accepted/denied, after submitting your application, how many days did it take for you to hear back on a decision?
6 days ! I was shocked

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If your app is completely submitted and transcripts and scores are in but your LOR will be submitted in a couple of weeks, will they wait to review your file?

Members don't see this ad :)
If your app is completely submitted and transcripts and scores are in but your LOR will be submitted in a couple of weeks, will they wait to review your file?
Yes they wait until you are complete to review

In the process of looking for housing in Erie. HMU if you're in the same boat. I'm moving from South Carolina so this will be quite the move for me

Hey guys! I submitted my app on 3/24 (1 LOR, transcript, and AIS) and they marked those requirements complete on the required items page, but my admissions status is still blank? Did anyone else experience this?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I submitted my app on 3/24 (1 LOR, transcript, and AIS) and they marked those requirements complete on the required items page, but my admissions status is still blank? Did anyone else experience this?
My status was blank until like 2 weeks after I was accepted, so don't worry.

Yes I have the same situation going on. All of my required materials were in as of 3/25 and have heard nothing else yet. Hopefully we hear something this week.

Yes I have the same situation going on. All of my required materials were in as of 3/25 and have heard nothing else yet. Hopefully we hear something this week.
Just called Jamie Murphy and he said that since he was out of office last week, no applications were reviewed. However, for those who have submitted recently, they will be reviewing applications on Wednesday during their admissions committee meeting.

Just called Jamie Murphy and he said that since he was out of office last week, no applications were reviewed. However, for those who have submitted recently, they will be reviewing applications on Wednesday during their admissions committee meeting.

Great! Thank you very much for this update. Good luck!!

For those of you who applied to Erie, did you guys send your transcript to the address of the admission office in the paper form or can you directly email it to Jamie Murphy? Thanks!

I was wondering about this because I submitted it the Friday before he was out for the week but my acceptance was dated 3/21

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, I've been interested in applying but I might have to wait till next year due to my low MCAT score. I have an AIS score of 100 but I think thats too low. Any advice would be appreciated!

Non trad here. After grade replacement went away I stopped trying. Kept working as a paramedic. Did 40-50 credit hours in mostly sciences with a 3.9. MCAT 511.

Spoke with LECOM about the program. Told them my cGPA and sGPA were lower than their standards but upward trend. Instructed to apply if my recent few years of work have been strong and a good MCAT. So applying with 2.4 in cGPA and sGPA and 511 MCAT. 12+ years EMS. Some research, volunteer, and leadership. Good LOR.

What say you?

With that high MCAT, recent credits, and clinical experience, you have a good chance.

Hey all, I've been interested in applying but I might have to wait till next year due to my low MCAT score. I have an AIS score of 100 but I think thats too low. Any advice would be appreciated!

If you don't mind sharing, what was your GPA and MCAT scores. Any clinical or non clinical experiences?

You might as well apply and see if you get in. The app is only $50. If you don't get in, well, you have the option of next year.

Sad thing it was never my ability but my focusing on being a medic and just not going to class. That was it. When I went, As and Bs. Kicking myself now.
I'm with you there, I was doing a diy post back since I'm non trad and I was working 7p-7a then going to class, wasn't a good combo

How long does it take for school to give you a decision? And is it through email or in mail?

If you don't mind sharing, what was your GPA and MCAT scores. Any clinical or non clinical experiences?

You might as well apply and see if you get in. The app is only $50. If you don't get in, well, you have the option of next year.

My GPA is 3.4 and i do have both clinical and non clinical experiences. My mcat is a 490

Portal changed today to 'The admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You receive an official letter within 30 days." Let's hope it's good news! (Also have not received any email, so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing)

My GPA is 3.4 and i do have both clinical and non clinical experiences. My mcat is a 490

GPA is good, but MCAT might be low. I think I read on their page that students with at least 40th percentile MCAT would be likely to matriculate into DO school. You may be able to get in the masters, but for DO you should contact Jamie Murphy and ask him.

Also, have you looked into to Bluefield/VCOM program. You might have a shot there.
Biomedical Sciences Degree | Master of Arts | Christian Colleges VA

How long does it take for school to give you a decision? And is it through email or in mail?

I think i was informed in about 3 weeks. I actually contacted Jamie and then he informed me. Also, i think email decision comes in before mail.

I think i was informed in about 3 weeks. I actually contacted Jamie and then he informed me. Also, i think email decision comes in before mail.
Because I checked my status and it says that they have made a decision on my application and a letter will be sent out. So idk if that's like a rejection or what because the decision is like right after I submit everything.

GPA is good, but MCAT might be low. I think I read on their page that students with at least 40th percentile MCAT would be likely to matriculate into DO school. You may be able to get in the masters, but for DO you should contact Jamie Murphy and ask him.

Also, have you looked into to Bluefield/VCOM program. You might have a shot there.
Biomedical Sciences Degree | Master of Arts | Christian Colleges VA

Don't you matriculate into the DO program after the masters? or Does it depend on your MCAT score .Also thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Don't you matriculate into the DO program after the masters? or Does it depend on your MCAT score .Also thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Masters itself is not a guarantee. Look at the attached file.
Regarding the MCAT its best to ask that question specifically to Jamie.

Attachments

• Student MMS Erie announcement.docx
    14.6 KB · Views: 227
My status on portal saids decision made will get a letter in mail within 30 days. Is that just how they send rejections cuz I didn't get any email?

My status on portal saids decision made will get a letter in mail within 30 days. Is that just how they send rejections cuz I didn't get any email?
Mine said the same thing and I haven't gotten an email either....really hoping it's not a rejection

I just received my acceptance letter in the mail! No email. Any female interested in housing together ? Is there a facebook group of attendee’s in Erie for the MMS? :)

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my acceptance letter in the mail! No email. Any female interested in housing together ? Is there a facebook group of attendee’s in Erie for the MMS? :)

Here you go!

I was accepted to the program as well. I’m from Michigan so anyone from Michigan who will be attending let me know.

I was accepted to the program as well. I’m from Michigan so anyone from Michigan who will be attending let me know.

Congrats! When did your status on the portal change to let you know that a decision had been made? Mine changed on Wednesday so i’m trying to figure out if my letter is coming this week!

Congrats! When did your status on the portal change to let you know that a decision had been made? Mine changed on Wednesday so i’m trying to figure out if my letter is coming this week!
2 weeks ago it said decision made.

I just got accepted and I’m looking for housing too!

Does anyone know when the program start date is? I know its in August.

I got my acceptance two weeks ago, I’m waiting on the reply from the DO program itself now. Just found out about this fourm, looking forward to meeting y’all this fall!

Hey guys, quick question. Anyone applying without an MCAT? If so, when will you take the MCAT if you're in the program? Any info on how the process will be? Thanks.

Hey guys, quick question. Anyone applying without an MCAT? If so, when will you take the MCAT if you're in the program? Any info on how the process will be? Thanks.
If you plan on doing MCAT prep while I'm the program you're going to be busy

If you plan on doing MCAT prep while I'm the program you're going to be busy

Yea, I understand that and honestly don't want to be in that route. But I just started my MCAT studying and not sure if I will be ready to take the MCAT before the program start date. I looked at the program before and it always starts in September and I didn't plan for the program changes. I guess I just want to get a sense of how people that were in the same boat handles the situation.

Hey guys! I applied to this program and am really interested. My gpa is relatively okay at 3.5 but my MCAT is pretty rough at 490. Was wondering if anyone who had gotten into this program had any similar stats? thanks!

Hey, does anyone know if the grades from the MMS are incorporated into the GPA?

does anyone know when it would be too late to apply? im planning on taking my DAT mid may and ik the deadline is July but I don't wanna lose out on a spot

does anyone know when it would be too late to apply? im planning on taking my DAT mid may and ik the deadline is July but I don't wanna lose out on a spot
also I already submitted my app but they just need my DAT score

Accepted! Got my letter in the mail today! Cant wait to start with you guys :)

Don't worry about being late worry about a complete application. People are going to drop out if they get into other programs, off waitlists, etc.