2019 Non-Trad Applicants Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maaaannnn, i am sort of bummed.... it is Christmas and I dont have any acceptances. I know what a lot of you will say, - "be grateful for the interviews" - and i swear i am, but still. I really hoped to have some good news by now...
 
maaaannnn, i am sort of bummed.... it is Christmas and I dont have any acceptances. I know what a lot of you will say, - "be grateful for the interviews" - and i swear i am, but still. I really hoped to have some good news by now...

I can imagine how you are feeling but the good news is that the cycle is still active. I just received a message a couple days ago that my application was moving forward to the next phase at a school I applied to 5 months ago, lol. There is still room for an acceptance all the way until June, so don't give up yet!
 
maaaannnn, i am sort of bummed.... it is Christmas and I dont have any acceptances. I know what a lot of you will say, - "be grateful for the interviews" - and i swear i am, but still. I really hoped to have some good news by now...

I’m in the same boat. I’d be so relieved to have an acceptance at this point so I could sleep at night.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
so glad I found this thread! not quite 30 but very much a non-trad as well. So glad to hear all are doing so well and for those still waiting good luck!! hoping the new year will bring good news <3
 
35, father of 3 kids (6, 3, and 2), and a good chance of having another in med school. I agree- God bless supportive spouses!
 
There is still room for an acceptance all the way until JULY, so don't give up yet!

Fixed it 😉 Know someone accepted to rural fam prog in midwest, attended party for incoming M-1s, then got taken off WL at Georgetown in late July or Aug 1; someone else got a seat at midwest school 🙂
 
Got my 6th interview invite . Two waitlists , no rejections from interviews yet , but no acceptances either . This is so nerve wracking . 3 more interviews to go

Unless you are a terrible interviewer, you are statistically very likely to get an acceptance. I know that doesn’t help but it’s the best I can do lol. I’m praying for everyone on this thread!
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my 6th interview invite . Two waitlists , no rejections from interviews yet , but no acceptances either . This is so nerve wracking . 3 more interviews to go

Heads up. 6 II is amazing and one of them statistically should turn into an acceptance. Wishing the best for you
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
Heads up. 6 II is amazing and one of them statistically should turn into an acceptance. Wishing the best for you
Thank you. I know that it is ridiculous for me to complain - I feel blessed to have 6 interviews already . But I know that there are s lot of people who already have acceptances and the fact that it is mid January and I don’t have any makes me so nervous
 
Hey everyone! I forgot to add here, but received my second acceptance last week. I cannot believe that I now have to make a choice between medical school and what a tough one it is. I have a tuition free ride to USU as well as an acceptance at a state school in FL to decide between. Making the decision even harder is my wife is pregnant with a due date in early June right before school. I hope everyone is having a great beginning to 2019!
 
Hey everyone! I forgot to add here, but received my second acceptance last week. I cannot believe that I now have to make a choice between medical school and what a tough one it is. I have a tuition free ride to USU as well as an acceptance at a state school in FL to decide between. Making the decision even harder is my wife is pregnant with a due date in early June right before school. I hope everyone is having a great beginning to 2019!

Congrats dooder!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad