2019 Non-Trad Applicants Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m curious your info source. SDN and Reddit would have us believe that if you don’t have at least 1 II by Thanksgiving you’re not doing well at all. As an applicant with 0 II at this point I would love to hear a different (supported) perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mmaslyanko might be including DO applicants. The DO cycle is longer, and you can even submit in October and be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing from anyone. Apparently I should hear from one of my schools in the next week or two. Praying next week.
I know , right ? I have two more interviews coming up , but most importantly I am waiting for admissions decision from one of my favorite schools ... they said next week . It’s a torture

I know , right ? I have two more interviews coming up , but most importantly I am waiting for admissions decision from one of my favorite schools ... they said next week . It’s a torture

Same. My number 1 said next week. Praying hard for both of us!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi fellow non-trads! I just came across this thread and thought I'd introduce myself. I finished undergraduate degree about ten years ago, spent some time working in education and did a few other things. I'm also a single mother and about 3 years ago made the crazy decision to pursue becoming a doctor. I completed all my prereqs this year and am currently applying. It's been quite the journey, but I feel so fortunate that I've made it to this point. Hoping for the best for all of us!

Reactions: 11 users
Hi fellow non-trads! I just came across this thread and thought I'd introduce myself. I finished undergraduate degree about ten years ago, spent some time working in education and did a few other things. I'm also a single mother and about 3 years ago made the crazy decision to pursue becoming a doctor. I completed all my prereqs this year and am currently applying. It's been quite the journey, but I feel so fortunate that I've made it to this point. Hoping for the best for all of us!

Welcome to the old folks club!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
haha i feel you. i didn't get my LOA approved until end of sept

Fortunately, our LOAs came from USUHS, and they did all of us in one. We had it in like July or August, thank God. Honestly, I wish I had taken the MCAT earlier. I try not to regret anything, particularly since the MCAT I got was perfect for me, and I don't know if I would have gotten as baller of a score if I had taken it on a different day. But even if I had scored 9 points lower, I'd still be at their median and probably would have my unconditional acceptance at this point.

But everything happens for a reason, and I have faith it's all going the way it's supposed to.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone!

I just found this thread and figured I would post and not lurk the entire time. It is always beneficial to have positive energy swirling around!

After two bachelors degrees, one doctorate, career as a clinician, two kiddos ... it is time for medical school! My spouse is thrilled. Ha! He thought I was done o_O ...

So here I am! I submitted one of my secondaries 2.5 weeks ago and received an interview invite last week. This feels so weird. Imposter Syndrome is hitting hard and this is the first time I have felt this way. :nailbiting:

I am looking forward to seeing all of your success. :joyful:

Reactions: 10 users
Hello Everyone!

I just found this thread and figured I would post and not lurk the entire time. It is always beneficial to have positive energy swirling around!

After two bachelors degrees, one doctorate, career as a clinician, two kiddos ... it is time for medical school! My spouse is thrilled. Ha! He thought I was done o_O ...

So here I am! I submitted one of my secondaries 2.5 weeks ago and received an interview invite last week. This feels so weird. Imposter Syndrome is hitting hard and this is the first time I have felt this way. :nailbiting:

I am looking forward to seeing all of your success. :joyful:

Congrats and welcome to our little nontrad group!! I wish you the best this cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Got two more II's last week!

Reactions: 7 users
Got the official WL notice from one of my schools (not USUHS). They historically have a lot of movement, so that’s promising. Expecting to hear from usuhs tomorrow. Pray for me lol.

Good luck. Hard work pays off in the end.

Imposter syn
Got the official WL notice from one of my schools (not USUHS). They historically have a lot of movement, so that’s promising. Expecting to hear from usuhs tomorrow. Pray for me lol.

good luck man. praying for the best for you and you get a call from Col Saguil

I will walk over there and cause a damn scene... its about time!

OMG dude I'm dying to know! I hope you get the call ASAP today. USUHS is your #1, right?

Also, hello other nontrads.

Nice to not feel like the only dinosaur at the prom.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Do you still have any other hoops to jump through??? Super happy for ya! See you in Bethesda this summer!

I'm already DoDMerb qualified and have a clearance, but you know how it goes. Just a waiting game for the real acceptance now. Yeah. I think you said something about not needing to go to ODS, right?

I'm already DoDMerb qualified and have a clearance, but you know how it goes. Just a waiting game for the real acceptance now. Yeah. I think you said something about not needing to go to ODS, right?

Correct, I am commissioned already so no ODS for me. Congrats again! I have no idea when the official acceptance stuff will come, but I am cleared in DODMERB as well and no issues with clearance so should be early next year I would assume!

Another acceptance! Us nontrads are getting love :biglove:

Reactions: 4 users