2021-2022 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
me too! How did your interviews go?

Members don't see this ad.

me too! How did your interviews go?
First interviewer was more serious, second one was really chill and laid back. Both took about 25-30 min. Overall I enjoyed them but not sure how I did compared to the rest… how about you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems to be like a 'good cop bad cop' kind of recurring motif lol. I would describe my two interviews exactly the same... one fantastic and burgeoning with connection and good vibes; the other, totally serious and one-way and all pointed questions

Is it too late too apply now. I just got my mcat score I’m a non trad applicant doing my PhD at imperial in the U.K.

Seems to be like a 'good cop bad cop' kind of recurring motif lol. I would describe my two interviews exactly the same... one fantastic and burgeoning with connection and good vibes; the other, totally serious and one-way and all pointed questions
I had the same situation! My first interviewer asked me one very tough question multiple times, and I had to scour my brain for different ways of approaching this situation. But afterwards he appeared much more approachable and the interview became more conversational. My second interviewer was exceedingly nice and we had a great conversation. Good/bad cop situation sounds like a technique that the school is intentionally applying!

Is it too late too apply now. I just got my mcat score I’m a non trad applicant doing my PhD at imperial in the U.K.
You can still apply for Duke-NUS. At least two of my classmates applied very last minute and got in! Moreover, with your advanced degree, you stand a better chance. Good luck!

It is already the start of November. I am feeling extremely anxious for the wait... My status is still held as submitted, wondering whether they will release the acceptance offers per interview batch or per applicant basis... Does anyone know? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Mine is still submitted as well HAHA I heard from previous years that they release the acceptance in batches but not based on interviews? Like some sept applicant day interviewees got theirs in jan while oct ones got theirs in nov/dec so it really boils down to how strong our applications are :(
It is already the start of November. I am feeling extremely anxious for the wait... My status is still held as submitted, wondering whether they will release the acceptance offers per interview batch or per applicant basis... Does anyone know? :)

Reactions: 1 user
Keep the faith y'all. Keep distracted and work through the days. It'll pass by soon enough. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Check your email!!! I just got the offer!!!!

Im so happyHAHA it’s been a long time coming

All the best to everyone else:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A
I applied only for the merit scholarship! Didn't apply for bursary... so my offer came standalone!
Awesome. Okay thank you :) I asked, and they told me that the outcome comes between march and end june. And congrats to you! See you next year 😛

Ahhh I’m so happy for all of you!! Hopefully we can all be classmates hahaha. Does anyone know if the acceptances are released in batches? Seems like the earliest ones will be released at the start of Nov, then followed by Dec according to the
forums for the previous years

Omg I just got the acceptance!! I am beyond excitement :))) I applied for the bursary, but I haven't gotten an offer for the bursary yet. I think in the info session, they said the bursary decision will come a few weeks after the acceptance.

Ahhh I’m so happy for all of you!! Hopefully we can all be classmates hahaha. Does anyone know if the acceptances are released in batches? Seems like the earliest ones will be released at the start of Nov, then followed by Dec according to the
forums for the previous years
I believe that is the case for duke-nus!

congrats to the peeps who got accepted! and to those who are still waiting for acceptances/ interviews ATB!

Also, may i ask if anybody have friends/ seniors who r willing to answer questions from prospective applicants?

I would love to find out about the culture of the school first hand as some answers cld not found on the internet

cld i pls dm y’all for the contact ?

Anyone knows the lowest MCAT that they ever accepted? Although they indicated no cutoffs, but I guess that’s not the case

Anyone else heard back from duke nus yet? I’m just dying of anticipation here..

Congratulations to those who got their offer already.
For others who haven't received yet. no worries! I received my offer after a painful and long waiting (more than 3 months)
So, please don't give up!
BTW, I am currently a year 1 MD in duke-NUS. I got so many help in this forum, so I want to contribute back~
If you have any questions related to duke-NUS or any survival tips (especially if u are international students) please feel free to DM me/ @kjs8028 (as I REMEBERED, kjs8028 is also an international student :)))) )
I might not be able to reply promptly but I will come back and check the message.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello there! Has anyone from the 11 October applicant day received their results yet? 😟
Hi, I attended the admissions and financial aid QnA session today at SGT3pm. I heard from the admissions team that the decisions would be delayed till around end of this month as some of the Profs are busy/ not around (if I didn’t hear wrongly)

Hang in there everybody 💪🏼

Last edited:
Hi, I attended the admissions and financial aid QnA session today at SGT3pm. I heard from the admissions team that the decisions would be delayed till around end of this month as some of the Profs are busy/ not around (if I didn’t hear wrongly)

Hang in there everybody 💪🏼

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! 😄

I'm an international applicant, and I interviewed on Oct 11th!
Seems like you are the first to hear back for Oct 11th interview group! I'm a local applicant who interviewed on the same day but haven't got any news..

Yay just got in!!
Same here!!! It feels so surreal. Congratulations to everyone who has been offered a spot and all the very best to everyone waiting!!! Can't wait to see everyone in school :)

Im dying of anticipation here too, have been scanning through all the emails, making sure I don't miss it..

Received the offer letter as well, am extremely grateful! Wishing the very best to the rest waiting and congrats to those who have been offered!

Interviewed on 13th sept, still haven’t heard back. I’m dying here…

For those who got the offer, congratulations and would you mind sharing a bit of your stats?

Totally new to this forum which my friend had introduced to me! I read through some previous threads and was super touched and delighted to see how supportive everyone is, so I thought I would share my application journey! I'm an international applicant; I submitted my application before Sept 1st for early admission, then had my applicant day Oct 11, and got my offer Dec 8! Hope to see everyone in school later this year, and good luck to everyone else who is still applying/waiting to interview/waiting on results! :)

Has anyone received an invite for the 13 Jan 2022 applicant day yet? New to this forum and nervously waiting 🤢🥴

Totally new to this forum which my friend had introduced to me! I read through some previous threads and was super touched and delighted to see how supportive everyone is, so I thought I would share my application journey! I'm an international applicant; I submitted my application before Sept 1st for early admission, then had my applicant day Oct 11, and got my offer Dec 8! Hope to see everyone in school later this year, and good luck to everyone else who is still applying/waiting to interview/waiting on results! :)
Congrats to you!! Curious, would you be attending the engagement session this Friday?