2021-2022 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were 21 applicants at the 10 March AD.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hi! has anyone gotten an invitation for the last applicant day on 22 march?

did they say when the outcome will be out?
hey @hulksmash123 I was asking the admissions team and they mentioned earliest 2 - 5 months. May to latest June since we are at the tail end of the application. They did mentioned they will also be expediting the process. Hope this helps everyone, cheers :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone! I have not gotten any invite for applicant's day thus far nor did I receive a rejection letter. Status shows as submitted in application portal. Panicking and worried here on what is the outcome

Hello everyone! I have not gotten any invite for applicant's day thus far nor did I receive a rejection letter. Status shows as submitted in application portal. Panicking and worried here on what is the outcome
There shall still be one AD on 22-March so an invitation might be sent around these days, like mine it was 7 days prior to the interview. Although I am quite not sure about the exact timing of the invitation, hope it comes to you soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not me, did you get a waitlist email?

Did anyone from the feb AD receive any emails yet?
Nope I didn’t get a waitlist email. From past years’ threads it seems like waitlist emails were sent out over a period of time. So was wondering if anyone has received it

Anyone who went for the AD on 22 Mar able to share how many applicants were there?

Nope! In terms of offers, seems like those go out in batches and the last flurry was two weeks ago. So maybe now is about the earliest anything would come along? But I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes into early next month. I’ve not heard anything about rejections or other updates.

All the best 🙂

Anyone knows the chances of getting in with a private degree? (planning to apply next year)

Current stats:
year 1 undergrad (1 more to go)
havent taken mcat
medic in national service for 1 year plus
med tech for 1 year plus
current job: research assistant (9 months), probably with 1 publication
planning to go for volunteering and shadowing next

Hang in there everyone! We'll see the light soon. Has anyone who received the recent management email got an offer yet? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hang in there everyone! We'll see the light soon. Has anyone who received the recent management email got an offer yet? :)
Saw you in the thread last year as well. The wait is really tough, all the best.

Btw, how long have you been waiting since AD?

It's been a few months :(
Hopefully it pays off!

For those who are reapplying, did they eventually get back to you some point late in the cycle with a rejection? I feel like this is something never addressed in previous threads, but it'd be nice to know.

Hopefully it pays off!

For those who are reapplying, did they eventually get back to you some point late in the cycle with a rejection? I feel like this is something never addressed in previous threads, but it'd be nice to know.
Yes, after you have been put on a waitlist, you'll get a rejection letter in July once the class matriculates.

Hopefully it pays off!

Your rejection email may also come any time before July too!

There were 7 applicants!
Thanks for the info. ))

Isn't it quite few? Would this mean the admission team was trying to limit the size of the pool since they might have already invited lots of applicants in the early round and previous ADs?

Work! Moving! Trying not to obsess, and dispensing MCAT advice on forums. You?
Trying to occupy myself with work too! Otherwise, I'm also trying to focus on learning how to not worry (too much at least) while waiting :') It's a process though.

Did you get the management email?