2022-2023 Nevada, Las Vegas

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HI Everyone! We are done with this month's calls. Try to exhale, we still have more committee meetings to go and we do rolling review on all interviewed applicants. Take good care this weekend!
 
HI Everyone! We are done with this month's calls. Try to exhale, we still have more committee meetings to go and we do rolling review on all interviewed applicants. Take good care this weekend!
Is UNLV still offering interviews this cycle? The website says that rejections will be sent Dec-Jan for non interviewed students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone tell us that they got the call so we don’t have to worry about UNR and UNLV on Monday….

Edit: I bet it will be Monday, it was the 21st last month.
 
Last edited:
HI Everyone! We are done with this month's calls. Try to exhale, we still have more committee meetings to go and we do rolling review on all interviewed applicants. Take good care this weekend!
Hi UNLV Admin, could you provide any updates about this month’s calls? Thank you 🙂
 
No call this month. In mid-October group session was told by Ms. Cindy Stella that our apps would maybe be seen in the November session, but more than likely the December session, so still holding out hope for a Christmas miracle hahaha.

I’d love to hear from everyone else, accepted or no calls when their interviews were and if they heard the same information I stated above. I think it’ll boost all of our confidence a bit.

See you all next month! Enjoy your Thanksgivings!
 
No call this month. In mid-October group session was told by Ms. Cindy Stella that our apps would maybe be seen in the November session, but more than likely the December session, so still holding out hope for a Christmas miracle hahaha.

I’d love to hear from everyone else, accepted or no calls when their interviews were and if they heard the same information I stated above. I think it’ll boost all of our confidence a bit.

See you all next month! Enjoy your Thanksgivings!
I think a big thing for UNLV is that you’re actually from Vegas. My app has passed two months and nothing from them but got an A from UNR first round (I grew up in Reno).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think a big thing for UNLV is that you’re actually from Vegas. My app has passed two months and nothing from them but got an A from UNR first round (I grew up in Reno).
Congrats my brother or sister! I’m so happy you’ll have the option to stay home. UNLV grad and life-long local here, hoping I can be in your situation soon. Looking forward to December in hopes I receive that call!
 
No call this month. In mid-October group session was told by Ms. Cindy Stella that our apps would maybe be seen in the November session, but more than likely the December session, so still holding out hope for a Christmas miracle hahaha.

I’d love to hear from everyone else, accepted or no calls when their interviews were and if they heard the same information I stated above. I think it’ll boost all of our confidence a bit.

See you all next month! Enjoy your Thanksgivings!
Mid-October interview or Q&A session?
 
How many acceptances are typically sent out each month?
That varies -- it's really how the pool is shaking out at that point and time. They don't do a minimum or maximum. The only hard number deadline is by the end of the March meeting they do finalize offers for the total of 66 seats. Waitlist offers then come out in mid-April.
 
That varies -- it's really how the pool is shaking out at that point and time. They don't do a minimum or maximum. The only hard number deadline is by the end of the March meeting they do finalize offers for the total of 66 seats. Waitlist offers then come out in mid-April.
Why are 66 seats being offered for the class size of 60?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We were able to do the 10% increase after confirming the occupancy of our new building, so it is a recent change from 60 to 66 but we will be able to continue to admit 66 moving forward until our next accreditation site visit in a few years.
Thank you for clarifying! It’s exciting news!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the applicant pool tend to get more competitive as each round of applicants are reviewed? I interviewed back in August and haven't heard back yet so I'm wondering if my chances may be dwindling with every passing month.
 
Does the applicant pool tend to get more competitive as each round of applicants are reviewed? I interviewed back in August and haven't heard back yet so I'm wondering if my chances may be dwindling with every passing month.
Not necessarily - the rolling admissions just allows for the committee to continue to look at every against each other until all interviewed applicants are reviewed. We've seen plenty of times where someone interviews early and gets admitted later. The early cycle tends to be NV residents and as we go along more NV connections and OOS come into play. But that's about it on how it's shifting.
 
Happy Holidays everyone! We just wanted to share that we are still doing the review of files for our final interview seats but our Assistant Dean has had a family emergency so there may be a slight delay on the processing of interview invitations until she returns and can pick up more review team recommendations. Thank you for your patience.