2022-2023 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year! We have finished our calls for today/for January. As previously indicated, all interviewed applicants are still under consideration and we have meetings in February and March to finalize our remaining seats. (Offers for waitlist are released in April.)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year! We have finished our calls for today/for January. As previously indicated, all interviewed applicants are still under consideration and we have meetings in February and March to finalize our remaining seats. (Offers for waitlist are released in April.)
Happy New Year! Are there going to be any more IIs in February, or are you done sending out IIs?

Deleted due to clarification and help from the admissions team. Whew!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm really sorry :/ but I thought R's don't go out until April?

Disregard my previous post. (And I was thinking the same thing.) There was an automation issue that the admissions office clarified. Still in the running!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Disregard my previous post. (And I was thinking the same thing.) There was an automation issue that the admissions office clarified. Still in the running!
Omg that's great news! 🤞 Hoping for good news soon!

Nothing worse that a software hiccup!! Thanks for your understanding on that email error. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys make calls today?

• Hmm
Do the calls for February go out tomorrow? If so, what time do they start and end?
Calls for February will be made on 2/24. There is no set time frame. It depends on the availability of our staff and how long it takes to reach those on the list.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello Everyone! We have finished making calls for February. Our last call date to fill the 66 seats will be March 24th.

In early April we will start offering our waitlist seats (also called the alternate list) and issuing our first round of rejections for those who were interviewed and will not be advancing. We will see the most movement from the waitlist in May and as seats open we will make calls to fill them. There is no set schedule for waitlist admit calls due to the nature of opening seats and withdrawals. We do not release waitlist/alternate list rankings.

For those who interviewed and receive a rejection notice, there will be follow-up to offer feedback calls for those interested in reapplication in the future.

The last round of rejections will be when the waitlist closes (cause the cohort has closed). This typically occurs around June 1st.

If we can answer any additional questions please message us at [email protected]

Good luck tomorrow everyone! Wishing you all the best!

Reactions: 8 users
Hi! Just wondering if the final calls have been concluded for the day

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Just wondering if the final calls have been concluded for the day
We just finished calls and our initial seat offers have concluded. In the coming weeks, we will be issuing invitations to the waitlist (alternate list) and our first round of rejections. Please continue to watch your email as both of these notifications will occur by email.

Rejection letter posted in my portal. Did not receive an email yet. Congrats to everyone who are accepted and good luck to those on the WL!

• Care
Rejection letter posted in my portal. Did not receive an email yet. Congrats to everyone who are accepted and good luck to those on the WL!
All decision letters are loaded - our system is not pushing out all the emails right now to our pools. We're working with tech support to get that fixed. For those that are declined, we will be sending an invitation in May for feedback calls for those interested in reapplication. We apologize for the delay on the email details.

Does anyone know what the chances of getting accepted from the waitlist are, historically?

All decision letters are loaded - our system is not pushing out all the emails right now to our pools. We're working with tech support to get that fixed. For those that are declined, we will be sending an invitation in May for feedback calls for those interested in reapplication. We apologize for the delay on the email details.
Our software team has corrected the communications release hiccup and now all applicants awaiting a decision (who interviewed) should see an email with the link to ApplyWeb and their letter in the portal. Thank you again for your patience this morning.

Does anyone know what the chances of getting accepted from the waitlist are, historically?
That has a mix of factors and has varied from year to year in the history of our school. Sometimes we go 20 down the list sometimes 40. The number on the waitlist also varies from year to year, which changes ratios. It's honestly a unique number of factors that go into seat filling during the alternate period that make it hard to predict in certain terms/percentages.

That has a mix of factors and has varied from year to year in the history of our school. Sometimes we go 20 down the list sometimes 40. The number on the waitlist also varies from year to year, which changes ratios. It's honestly a unique number of factors that go into seat filling during the alternate period that make it hard to predict in certain terms/percentages.
Do we know how many applicants were added to the alternate list?

Just got off the waitlist! First acceptance!!! :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
I received the A call from Cindy just a few moments ago and with that my cycle comes to a close.

Of course, my #1 choice reaches out last lmao. I'll be turning down my other acceptances that get a lot of Nevada applicants in the coming days, so hopefully those spots go to one of you and we can all be doctors.

Feel free to shoot me a PM, I'm more than willing to share my history, stats, and application completion dates if you'd like to know. If you're reading this applying for future cycles, I'd love to answer any questions as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Everyone - we have now closed our cohort and have notified those left on the waitlist that our cycle is over. Thank you again for considering UNLV and we look forward to seeing new applicants/reapplicants on the next SDN Forum board for 2023-2024.

Hi everyone! 23-24 applicant here, quick questions. Did anyone receive an update in their portal asking for prerequisite grades? If anything, did this prove to be a good or bad sign? Thanks in advance!