2022-2023 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now. Pinch me, this is my third application cycle.

Super excited about this school.

Excuse me, I'm on break so I need to go find an empty conference room at work to scream in.
congratulations

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, happily. I plan to stay in-state and do some type of family med/PCP. My family and friends are here, so this is the community I want to stay and practice in.
congrats. really hope you get in <33

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
congratulations
Thanks. It seems it's for their waitlist, so I will hold off on further celebrations until I've interviewed and (hopefully) secured an A.

Fingers crossed, and good luck to everyone that's still waiting! 🙏 :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. It seems it's for their waitlist, so I will hold off on further celebrations until I've interviewed and (hopefully) secured an A.

Fingers crossed, and good luck to everyone that's still waiting! 🙏 :xf:
It’s still something. You got this! I hope you get in.

Hi everyone. Ill be applying this upcoming cycle. I was preparing my application and I was wondering how many DO shadowing hours is good enough? Do we need like 100 MD and 100 DO hours???
got an II here with no DO shadowing hours. I recommend getting some, like 10, nothing as crazy as 100

Does anyone know when they stop sending out II? I’m just freaking out, now. I really thought I was going to get something by now. 😭😭😭

Fam, I made the alternate (wait) list :banana:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone seen this message?

edit*** it is just an error, if you get it just call the office of admissions

Attachments

• ou snip.PNG
    ou snip.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
  • Hmm
still nothing! 😭
Are they still sending out II?
The admissions director of my post-bac used to work with admissions at hcom and she said that “students will interview all the way through April” could give us hope but seems like the next week or so are cutting it close for II.

Just got an II for the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys I just got an interview for April 11th. It’s for the waitlist but better than nothing 😭

So they are interviewing WL now. Thats interesting. I wonder when they will start pulling from it.

Just got an II for the waitlist!
Yay congrats! They have pretty good movement. They don't meet to discuss WL until April, and the movement picks up May-Aug.

You guys I just got an interview for April 11th. It’s for the waitlist but better than nothing 😭
Congrats! They typically have excellent movement on the WL. Stay positive.

Recently accepted. Everyone at this school has been super nice and helpful.

Super relieved. Still in shock.

Reactions: 3 users
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II as well for a waitlist. it’s better than anything.

Reactions: 5 users
Are there any current students still around here? I'm a little confused about rotations, this is what the website says: "Each student completes the structured ambulatory family medicine clerkship in the first three months of year 3 with an individually assigned preceptor." Is the FM rotation 3 months long???? Or does it just have to be done within the first 3 months of starting rotations? I'm so confused :')

After making your initial payment to confirm your spot, when do you have to declare to enroll at OUHCOM?

YOOO, just finished that interview for the waitlist position. It was fun. I hope it went well for all of you and I hope I can see all of you there too.

YOOO, just finished that interview for the waitlist position. It was fun. I hope it went well for all of you and I hope I can see all of you there too.
Good Luck <3

Hope to see you there!

It was so fun! I got on the waitlist and really enjoyed hearing from everyone, hope to see your faces in the near future. Good luck!!

Are there any current students still around here? I'm a little confused about rotations, this is what the website says: "Each student completes the structured ambulatory family medicine clerkship in the first three months of year 3 with an individually assigned preceptor." Is the FM rotation 3 months long???? Or does it just have to be done within the first 3 months of starting rotations? I'm so confused :')

I dont think the FM rotation is 3 months...

Has anyone gotten any info on how much movement there typically is at the Dublin branch? I know it is not the same every year but just wondered in general

im a second year about to start rotations this summer and I've never even heard of this ambulatory FM clerkship lol they don't tell us anything about rotations. Idk why but we still dont have our schedules for next semester

I either got the rejection email or the, "we're done interviewing and you weren't selected" (which is still a rejection) 😅 today. I got in somewhere else, so I'm ok. Good luck to those on the waitlist or with scheduled interviews. I think they're down to final selections and waitlist movement.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back? I’m just wondering if there is any movement.

But I have heard that they even give out acceptances a week prior to orientation.

Not
Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back? I’m just wondering if there is any movement.
Nothing yet. The portal states:

"We typically do not see any movement on the alternate (wait) list until mid to late May. Should you be selected from the list, you will receive a telephone call from Dr. Schriner, Ms. Harman, Mr. Porter, or Ms. Koch (make sure we have an up-to-date cell phone number for you) offering you an opportunity to join the class. You will typically have 24 hours to decide if you would like to accept the offer or not."

Mr. Porter told me the selection committee meets on May 15 to pull off the waitlist so I probably wouldn't expect wl movement until then but I'm still optimistic!

I heard May 2nd! did you hear this recently?
I thought he told me this when I called for interview feedback 1 month ago. He is at the Dublin campus though and maybe that's different?? Or maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I thought that's what he said!