MHA 2022 MHA: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, Congratulations on your acceptance! When did JHU ask for an interview? I applied late November and still haven't heard back.
Thank you! I received a request for an interview on 1/13. I hope you hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have an idea of the timeline for Columbia admissions?
They said they will start releasing decisions in the next 2 weeks. They also told another applicant that they are aiming to start releasing around early February.

Members don't see this ad :)
In at GWU! Waiting for decision from JHU and Cornell

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if everyone who applies to Columbia HPM department gets an interview? Or do they only interview people they would admit?

Cornell said that they would give out acceptances before 1/31 has anyone heard anything yet?

I literally just finished my UAB interview. You can definitely tell they are a top program right when you enter the floor. They take pride in their impact in the field of healthcare. 2 students, 2 faculty and an alum. Amazing experience in general just know your why and be ready to talk about your self and how you want to transform the field of healthcare. If you have had any previous interview experience, you will be just fine! Best of luck to you!
Hey, congrats on your interview at UAB. I interviewed in the morning session, Dylan Angeline. Best of luck.

Accepted at VCU! Still waiting on a interview at GWU

Yep! I really liked how everything was presented and especially how much the current students liked the program. Wbu?
Yeah same, I love the program, but not sure if I want to live in Richmond. Definitely will go to admitted students day though so maybe see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah same, I love the program, but not sure if I want to live in Richmond. Definitely will go to admitted students day though so maybe see you there!
My sister-in-law was considering Richmond to practice pediatric dentistry so we visited for a few days. Seems like a pretty fun city with lots of nice places to eat and socialize. (pre-COVID at least)

Reactions: 1 users
Columbia has sent out decisions for MPH. Anyone hear back for MHA?

Interview tips for GWU?
I had mine today- it honestly was a great experience and conversation. My interviewer was super familiar with my application, so just be prepared to answer questions related to that. Otherwise, the typical why healthcare management, and why Milken. Also have questions prepared to ask them!

Accepted to VCU, MUSC, and SLU all within the last week! Still waiting to hear back from Trinity.

Trinity and VCU are definitely my top choices. Trinity's interview was awesome! I really felt like I connected with Dr. Schumacher and Dr. Choi. San Antonio also seems like a fairly nice place to live.

IN AT COLUMBIA!! I just checked my portal and it said I had a decision update. I didn't get an email though.

Reactions: 5 users
I applied to JHU/Columbia MHA 2 weeks ago and have not received an interview, yet. Seems like many of you are getting acceptances, Congrats! Would this indicate whether spots are filled up and they're not interviewing anyone anymore? Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

School: Ivy
Major: Biological Sciences
GPA: 3.4
GRE: N/A
Experience (professional or otherwise)
-Summer internship at healthcare communications company
-Summer research in a microbiology lab
-1+ years of research in a women's nutrition/reproductive health lab

Applied: Cornell (10/24), Columbia (11/26), JHU (1/13)
Interview: Cornell (12/15), Columbia (12/15)
Waitlist:
Rejected:
Accepted: Columbia (1/27), Cornell (1/30)
Attending:

I'd been waiting to post because I didn't want to jinx myself, but super excited to receive my first acceptance :)

Last edited:
IN AT COLUMBIA!! I just checked my portal and it said I had a decision update. I didn't get an email though.
Wow! Congratulations! Very exciting -- if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply and interview? I am anxiously awaiting a decision myself :)

Wow! Congratulations! Very exciting -- if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply and interview? I am anxiously awaiting a decision myself :)
Thank you so much!! I applied on 11/17 and interviewed on 12/13. Good luck to you :) You got this!

I applied to JHU/Columbia MHA 2 weeks ago and have not received an interview, yet. Seems like many of you are getting acceptances, Congrats! Would this indicate whether spots are filled up and they're not interviewing anyone anymore? Any insight would be helpful, thanks!
I wouldn’t worry about it! Based on old MHA threads it’s an average of 4-8 weeks before hearing anything back.

Hi everyone,
for those of you who got into Columbia, when did you interview?

I wouldn't worry too much about it! My friend interviewed just last week and I interviewed in the first week of this month for Columbia

In at Hopkins MHA. Really strange because I didn’t even get an interview. I only heard from my recommender that Hopkins contacted him about my application.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations!!! Did you get notified through email or via the portal?
i received an email saying I have been accepted and that it will appear in the portal in the next few days

Finished my GWU interview yesterday. We talked about food the entire time and he only asked me one formal question.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got into Cornell’s MHA! Super excited! I submitted my application on 9/15, and interviewed on 10/29. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 4 users
In at hopkins and considering attending but was wondering if anyone had more information on how intense the course loads are and how challenging it is to keep up.

Just wanna see some other opinions. If you had the choice between Columbia MHA or Yale MPH in Health care Management, who would you choose?

In at hopkins and considering attending but was wondering if anyone had more information on how intense the course loads are and how challenging it is to keep up.
Definitely recommend you connect with some current students on LinkedIn. They are all very helpful :)

Hi all, I received an informal interview with Columbia. Do any of you that have already gone through this step, have any advice? What do they ask? turnaround time? does everyone receive interview who applied? etc. any info helps!

Last edited:
Applied: Cornell (10/25), GWU (11/18), JHU (12/12), Columbia (1/3)
Interview: Cornell (11/12), JHU (1/10), Columbia (1/27), GWU (2/17)
Waitlist:
Rejected:
Accepted: JHU (1/11, + MTS), Cornell (1/30, $), Columbia (2/14), GWU (2/23, $)
Attending:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am a little late to the game and I would appreciate any feedback as I know that most programs have rolling admissions, excluding University of Washington.

School: Large state university
Major: Bachelor of Science, Healthcare Administration
GPA: 3.5/3.3 SOPHAS verified
GRE: N/A
Experience:
- 3+ years experience in a healthcare compliance consulting firm (one year in management)
- 9 month internship with the healthcare unit of my local Legal Aid, where I helped low income individuals experiencing access to care issues

Applied: UW (1/12), Michigan (1/29), Minn (1/29) OSU (1/29), Texas A&M (1/29)
Interview:
Waitlist:
Rejected:
Attending:

Hope I’m not too late! My top choice is UW and they do not begin reviewing applications until after the deadline, so I’m hoping for the best.

If anyone has had experience with late applications, any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi all, I received an informal interview with Columbia. Do any of you that have already gone through this step, have any advice? What do they ask? turnaround time? does everyone receive interview who applied? etc. any info helps!

Hey there! The interview is fairly straightforward with a 2nd year MHA student and it's over phone, so you won't need to turn on your video. Be prepared for standard interview questions like why MHA, why Columbia, what issues you'd like to focus on during your time there, what things you look at when you check out a program, etc. It's quite informal and I had a nice experience. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from them yet. Good luck and let us know how it went!

Was wondering if anyone applied during the standard deadlines at all? And heard back for any interviews for schools like Columbia yet?

Applied standard deadline for JSU around 1/15 and just got rejected this morning.

Was wondering if anyone applied during the standard deadlines at all? And heard back for any interviews for schools like Columbia yet?

Applied standard deadline for JSU around 1/15 and just got rejected this morning.
Columbia was still doing interviews as far as last week. So I'm sure they're still doing interviews since @MHApplicant said they had an interview coming up. Has your application been verified as complete at Columbia?

Hi, I received an interview on 1/30 and applied on 1/14.

Columbia was still doing interviews as far as last week. So I'm sure they're still doing interviews since @MHApplicant said they had an interview coming up. Has your application been verified as complete at Columbia
Yes it has, and thanks for the updates you guys appreciate it!