You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022 NHSC Scholarship Application
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Save it for a rainy day. Always a good idea to have a small emergency fund for unexpected things (car repair, laptop breaks etc).My ORC was very high , what should I do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
October of every year.Is the ORC given once in the beginning of the scholarship, or is it given the beginning of every year?
I assume it does, so I'm expecting that my ORC next year will be $1000 lessDoes the ORC include a laptop this year?
July-OctoberWhat months are included in the back pay for our stipends? Is it August-November?
Any idea when we should expect the November stipend? As well as the following monthly stipends?July-October
Every month’s stipend comes at the end of the month it is for. I always got annoyed because rent is due at the beginning, but that is how they do it. Usually around the 20-25th of the month is when I got mine.Any idea when we should expect the November stipend? As well as the following monthly stipends?
how much was the orc for any D1s in here? I got about 3500 and that seems kind of low?
Mine was the samehow much was the orc for any D1s in here? I got about 3500 and that seems kind of low?
Hi I’m a second year scholar and they don’t pay tuition until next year lol. It’s a big delay but the school gets paid just like 4-5 months late hahaI got money in my account yesterday for backpay and stipend. No information on my school account regarding tuition payment though. Thought I'd update you guys. Did someone mention a facebook group for NHSC scholars? I'd love to join/help run that group if it's dead.
Every 25/26th of the month you get paidFor any past recipients do they really wait until the last minute to deposit the money into our accounts?
I’m a D1 and I looked at my school account today and tuition was paid for by the scholarship. I haven’t heard anything about the stipend or ORC yet, and there’s nothing on my account that says anything about it. I’m just gonna wait it out 🤷
It all really depends on how fast the school sends the invoice and who the scholarship people get to first but they are known to be delayed. Just always turn in the verification forms on time.I’m a D1 and I looked at my school account today and tuition was paid for by the scholarship. I haven’t heard anything about the stipend or ORC yet, and there’s nothing on my account that says anything about it. I’m just gonna wait it out 🤷
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1092426
where would i go to apply for ORC funding??
D
deleted1092426
is it too late to break contract if i havent gotten paid yet?
So if youre not a first year tuition wont get paid until the spring semester? Just clarifying what you meant, looks like that is what my student account is saying as well?Hi I’m a second year scholar and they don’t pay tuition until next year lol. It’s a big delay but the school gets paid just like 4-5 months late haha
It gets paid you don’t need to worry about anything just know it takes time. But that is between the school and HRSA. You just need to fill out forms from HRSA in a timely mannerSo if youre not a first year tuition wont get paid until the spring semester? Just clarifying what you meant, looks like that is what my student account is saying as well?
about how much did you receive?My ORC was very high , what should I do?
I think once you signed the contract you are in. That said, if you really want to break contract already you best reach out ASAP.is it too late to break contract if i havent gotten paid yet?
lol, i feel like if I say it here they gon find out lol, PM meabout how much did you receive?
Any idea when the rest of us will get ORC or stipend? My November rent is staring at me
I did my paper work on time and know my school has submitted invoice… no “financial info” button on portal either.
same boat - no financial info or any updates in portal; from what i can tell it looks like mostly dental students have been receiving this week and med might be slated for next week? have been told we get orc & first stipend nearly at the 11/4 deadline
Last edited:
I’m dental and got nothing yetsame boat - no financial info or any updates in portal; from what i can tell it looks like mostly dental students have been receiving this week and med might be slated for next week? have been told we get orc & first stipend nearly at the 11/4 deadline
there goes that theory lol but hopefully we're all sorted by next week!I’m dental and got nothing yet
Got this email not long ago
Got this email not long ago
Got the same email this morning as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone can join this yo ^^ just for networking purposesYou're invited to my new group 'NHSC' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
FutureDoc8911
New Member
How do you get a hold of your state analyst? I've been sending messages on "ask a question" in the participant portal since September but haven't heard anything back.
D
deleted1092426
how much were ur ORC? i heard it different for each school
my ORC was 3400how much were ur ORC? i heard it different for each school
Webinar link was mailed out!
D
deleted1092426
that seems so low 😳my ORC was 3400
Yeah it does lolthat seems so low 😳
got my financial info today! (the "my financial info" link appears on the right) ORC and stipend amt were the same as everyone else above!
from my school's portal it doesn't look like my tuition has been reimbursed for this semester yet - might be more of a school thing than an NHSC thing however
from my school's portal it doesn't look like my tuition has been reimbursed for this semester yet - might be more of a school thing than an NHSC thing however
I got mine in 2 separate paymentsNobody got their ORC and stipend in 2 separate payments did they?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1092426
heres the link NHSC Scholarship Program Welcome Webinar - ZoomIs anyone else not getting the emails about the webinar? Lol
Mine was $5900! OMS-Ihow much were ur ORC? i heard it different for each school
Mine was 5460 (I'm an M1 at CSOM)how much were ur ORC? i heard it different for each school
Just got my stipend and ORC in two separate payments. I haven’t gotten my tuition reimbursed yet according to my school.
My ORC covered most of my required expenses that I had to pay out of pocket, like my VERY expensive instruments and lab supplies. Looks like my school reported it 😁
My ORC covered most of my required expenses that I had to pay out of pocket, like my VERY expensive instruments and lab supplies. Looks like my school reported it 😁
Anybody else not receive their stipends yet? -M1 at CSOM in NYC (wondering if this rollout is location based)