2022 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where will it be on the portal? I didn’t see anything either but not sure where to look. The same portal where you select the interview right? I am hoping I get placed in my home state as well.
Yes, right when I click my name in the portal it says "Confirmation Matching" which is something I can open like the interview selection. Below that section is my interview information section. I'm sure they are just releasing things in batches - I couldn't believe that mine was ready!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay! I just checked and I also got matched! Maybe they are going down alphabetically by state! I was matched in Florida!

Reactions: 1 user
I got a match in Tennessee! It's not my home state, but it was my top location choice and I got one of my top subject areas :) Check your portals (where you signed up for the interview).

I just checked my portal and I see a match on there in my home state but I haven't received an official email or phone call yet! Check your portals!
Congrats! I still have " Ready to Interview" on my portal.

Did everyone who has matched so far get their first choice in location?

Did everyone who has matched so far get their first choice in location?
Yes, I got my first choice which was Florida! I got matched early and I found out because I'm a veteran.

Reactions: 1 users
I just checked my portal and it says "Confirmation Matching," I got matched in Kansas City, MO. If anyone else gets matched here, lets connect! :)

Last edited:
still "Ready for interview " :cryi: , good luck to everyone who got matched

Where in Florida? Florida was my first choice too and I’ll be at Bradenton!
In Sarasota at the health department. However, I didn't get my focus area of choice I'm still excited about this opportunity.

In Sarasota at the health department. However, I didn't get my focus area of choice I'm still excited about this opportunity.
Oh cool we will be right next door! Yes, I’m just really excited for the opportunity ans location. I didn’t mind too much about the focus area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh cool we will be right next door! Yes, I’m just really excited for the opportunity ans location. I didn’t mind too much about the focus area.
Yes, we are very close. Maybe we will get to work together at some point.

I got matched in Baltimore doing STD Prevention, if anyone else got matched here or in the area let me know!

Reactions: 3 users
I have confirmation matching but I don’t see where I was matched to? How do you see that?

I got matched in Washington D.C doing Health Equity/Access to Care. If anyone else got matched here or in the area let me know! Wishing us all the best!

I got matched in Washington D.C doing Health Equity/Access to Care. If anyone else got matched here or in the area let me know! Wishing us all the best!
How do you see where you are match?

I got a match in Tennessee! It's not my home state, but it was my top location choice and I got one of my top subject areas :) Check your portals (where you signed up for the interview).
If anyone else is in Nashville, let me know! I'm doing HIV/AIDS Prevention work :thumbup:

Did you guys see we have to decide to accept by Sunday? That's so soon! And I haven't even received an official acceptance letter or call yet

I got matched in Rockville, MD doing work with immunization! I would love to connect with any of you in the Maryland/DC area! Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I got matched and although it was my first choice state, it was not my ideal city. I am very excited to get matched, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with rematching? Is it too risky to request a rematch? Thank you!!

I got matched in Rockville, MD doing work with immunization! I would love to connect with any of you in the Maryland/DC area! Congrats to everyone!
I currently live really close to that area and am matched in Baltimore, we will need to connect!

I received the FAQ email yesterday and checked my portal today I’ve been matched. I’m going to Stanford,Fl. Florida was my first choice but I don’t have a focus area yet. I’m excited about starting. This is my third time applying and learned new things each time.

I got matched and although it was my first choice state, it was not my ideal city. I am very excited to get matched, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with rematching? Is it too risky to request a rematch? Thank you!!
Hey! This happened to me too. I was matched in my state but not in my ideal area near my home. I actually called the program phone number and spoke to a woman about rematching. She told me
To wait first for the confirmation email to be sent. I highly suggest you just call after the email and see! The email might have instructions, not sure!

Got matched also I’m not my ideal location but super excited to be matched! I’ll think about calling the office, did they say to accept the match on the portal while we wait for confirmation emails or no??

Got matched to St. Croix USVI for Health Equity/Access to Care! It was my first choice. Hoping to get the official email soon!

Reactions: 2 users
My match is in Boulder, Colorado in Injury Prevention (opioid/prescription drug overdose). It wasn't one of my desired topics but the location is an hour away from where I wanted.

Congratulations to everyone matched so far!! I got matched in Washington D.C. doing Community Health Improvement Planning. Would love to connect with people who will be in the DC area!

I matched in Mobile, Alabama. My home state but not my ideal location.. however I am grateful for being selected!! Congratulations to everyone who was matched.

Can someone confirm that matches come in batches and explain to my anxiety why

Hey! This happened to me too. I was matched in my state but not in my ideal area near my home. I actually called the program phone number and spoke to a woman about rematching. She told me
To wait first for the confirmation email to be sent. I highly suggest you just call after the email and see! The email might have instructions, not sure!
Thanks for sharing your experience!! Just wondering, did she give you any information about rematching? Like did it seem like a possibility? Thanks!

Got matched to Aurora, CO to work in Immunizations! Would love to connect with anyone also matched in the area!

Hi everybody! Congratulations to those who matched today. I matched today in DC for public health surveillance.

Should we start a group or something? Last year's cohort had a FB group but I dunno how popular FB is these days :)

Reactions: 9 users
Thanks for sharing your experience!! Just wondering, did she give you any information about rematching? Like did it seem like a possibility? Thanks!
She unfortunately gave me no real info, however she never said that rematching was impossible… and that gives me some hope! after the emails went out this evening I emailed PHAP asking about my rematch. Waiting to hear back!

Hi everybody! Congratulations to those who matched today. I matched today in DC for public health surveillance.

Should we start a group or something? Last year's cohort had a FB group but I dunno how popular FB is these days :)
I love the idea of a group! I would be happy to set it up if people would want to join - I'm thinking Discord but am open to ideas!

maybe even linkedin?

I love the idea of a group! I would be happy to set it up if people would want to join - I'm thinking Discord but am open to ideas!
Discord would be great. I checked Linkedin and there is a general PHAP group but I dunno how active it is.

Hi all,

I just got matched and although I got what I listed as my first preference state I had some personal circumstances that may change this and I may need to stay closer to home. Do you think they will be able to change my preference list now?

Hi everyone! I was matched in Richmond, VA in health equity/access to care. It is my preferred state and only a couple hours from where I currently live, so I am very excited!!

I’d love to do a Facebook group! I’d rather use that than discord

I would join a Facebook group and discord! Maybe start with a Facebook group and add a discord if there is enough interest.