2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So tired of these mind games week in and week out. Did the portal change for anyone? Do people have this form, or that one? Did someone receive a post-interview email, or did they not? At this point I'm not super invested in the outcome of my app, I just want a break from this nonsense.
agreed. It's been almost 5 months since my interview and the only correspondence i've had was a continued review email. With no As, this has been a terrible process. At least when I applied last year I was told about a rejection in November.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So tired of these mind games week in and week out. Did the portal change for anyone? Do people have this form, or that one? Did someone receive a post-interview email, or did they not? At this point I'm not super invested in the outcome of my app, I just want a break from this nonsense.
Couldn’t have said it better myself

Reactions: 1 user
I get that they're still debating acceptances, but if they know for a fact X person is getting R....just rip the bandaid plz

Members don't see this ad :)
they did do some post-II Rs a few weeks ago. My friend got one. I also saw a few people on this thread got one.

those who had the withdrawal link gone, has your portal updated with transcript forms or residency declaration form?

Congrats to you guys. I believe calls will come closer to 1 based on this thread. When did you all interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Portal just updated to have residency. I was one who didn’t have the withdrawal option last night. Still no call
Mine also has changed! And I had the withdraw disappear last night too

Last edited:
Portal changed for residency form. I did have the withdrawal option disappear last night.

Have a strong feeling that today was it. Waitlist feels inevitable at some point this week/next week.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from 1/11 have a portal change? Just trying to gauge if our apps have even been reviewed yet.

Because this is the last week for them to fill up their class size I heard that they may be sending acceptances throughout this week, but regardless I am not holding my breath...

May try and dodge the forums for like the sake of my mental health this week lol but I'll be back if I hear anything. Good luck to everyone we got this! Just gotta keep the faith a little longer.

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone who received CR been accepted yet? Or have the acceptances today been the first communications since your interviews?

some people in jan/feb reported getting an acceptance then after getting CR. They interviewed Nov/dec though

I’m curious to know if any Sept interviewees who got CR have gotten in yet?

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
I just don’t understand bc in previous years they gave out As starting Oct 15 and even in Jan, Feb, March sept and October interviews were hearing back… it’s been silence for us

The most frustrating thing is that early fall interviewees aren’t able to update them with any achievements or relevant work experience or research or publications that have occurred since then. A lot can happen to strengthen an applicant in 7 months, so it actually puts those of us who interviewed at the beginning of the year at a disadvantage. It really stinks that they don’t take post interview updates.

Reactions: 8 users
Can anyone who received an A see it reflected on their AAMC portal yet?

The most frustrating thing is that early fall interviewees aren’t able to update them with any achievements or relevant work experience or research or publications that have occurred since then. A lot can happen to strengthen an applicant in 7 months, so it actually puts those of us who interviewed at the beginning of the year at a disadvantage. It really stinks that they don’t take post interview updates.
This^

Application checklist with residency stuff
You would think you would receive it by the end of the business day. Update us if they do or don’t, but it would seem that you’re accepted I think? So congrats!!!

I don’t have the withdrawal form gone from mine and honestly I just wish I’d hear back. At this point idc what the decision is I’d just like to know so I can plan where I’m going.

Do we think there will be another wave before the waitlist or was today it?

I don’t have the withdrawal form gone from mine and honestly I just wish I’d hear back. At this point idc what the decision is I’d just like to know so I can plan where I’m going.
in the same boat...just a ridiculously long waiting game when almost every other school has finished their process. I think it should be mandatory for every school to have some kind of admissions tracker where they can update weekly/biweekly and say how many offers have gone out and how many remain. The lack of communication and transparency from UNC this entire cycle is the reason this thread is as neurotic as it has been. And on another note, people who are admitted to a medical school should be learning this directly from the school (via call/email), not from the bizarre appearance/disappearance of a checklist or form on the portal (all this does is increase neuroticism tenfold). Rant over.

Reactions: 13 users
Can anyone who received an A see it reflected on their AAMC portal yet?
I don't see anything yet. I also haven't gotten anything official other than the call from my interviewer and the added residency checklist item.

Has anyone who got the call yesterday receive anything official yet? My portal still only has the residency document.

Anyone from sept II gotten accepted recently? Are we thinking this was last round of acceptances?

Reactions: 3 users