2023-2024 South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 South Carolina - Columbia Secondary Essay prompts: ( no word limit specified)

1- (if applicable) What additional qualifications have you acquired since your last application?
2- (if applicable) Do you have any other ties to South Carolina that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider?
3- What are your medical practice goals?
4- Describe your employment status since you completed your bachelor's degree (part-time, full-time, and dates) (only if you have graduated)
5- In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?
6- What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?
7- Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?
8- Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational, research, volunteering or employment plans.
9- Working as part of a team is an important aspect of your medical education at our School of Medicine and as a practitioner in the future. Please share at least one experience where you worked as part of a team to accomplish a goal/objective. What was your role as a part of the team and what did you learn from working with others? How did you deal with conflict on the team and/or working with a team member who you disagreed with?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
University of South Carolina School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
2024 secondary prompts below. No word/character count indicated.

- What additional qualifications have you acquired since your last application? (if applicable)
- Do you have any other ties to South Carolina that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider? (if applicable)
- What are your medical practice goals?
- Describe your employment status since you completed your bachelor's degree (part-time, full-time, and dates) (only if you have graduated)
- In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?
- What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?
- Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?
- Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational, research, volunteering or employment plans.
- Working as part of a team is an important aspect of your medical education at our School of Medicine and as a practitioner in the future. Please share at least one experience where you worked as part of a team to accomplish a goal/objective. What was your role as a part of the team and what did you learn from working with others? How did you deal with conflict on the team and/or working with a team member who you disagreed with?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! Complete 7/31, IS

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning, IS complete on 7/11. This is my #1 so time to hope and pray endlessly for the next few months

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rip just got the Pre-II R. I am an OOS with no connection but still this one stings a little.

• Care
Significant ties II. Did anyone else only have the option to schedule an interview starting in February?

Significant ties II. Did anyone else only have the option to schedule an interview starting in February?
I had dates this month and next but I scheduled it right after I got my II.

anybody know the post ii acceptance rate here and how long it takes them to tell you?
In my interview they said they are interviewing 450ish, not sure how many they accept. Decisions come out October 16 for interviews that are before that date!

Yes. First date available for me was in February. I think they look at OOS after in state applicants.

Late to update but..
OOS II 9/13, complete 8/20, LM 72 !!

Received pre-II rejection, even though I interviewed last cycle 🥲

Does anyone else have an open house tab on their portal? Apparently it’s for accepted and people under review but I’m not sure if everyone has it

Does anyone else have an open house tab on their portal? Apparently it’s for accepted and people under review but I’m not sure if everyone has it
Yeah it popped up for me about an hour after my interview

OOS A earlier today :). Interviewed 10/4. Super friendly school.

OOS pre-II R. Weak ties to the state. Just emailed them back asking for the specific R reasoning.

OOS pre-II R. Weak ties to the state. Just emailed them back asking for the specific R reasoning.
Reasoning was weak ties, as suspected. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

II invite on 10/2, but the only options left were late March. I'm OOS, with close ties.. Did anyone else also have only late March options? I'm worried the class will already be filled by then

II invite on 10/2, but the only options left were late March. I'm OOS, with close ties.. Did anyone else also have only late March options? I'm worried the class will already be filled by then

I got mine in mid-September and only had late Jan to march options available.

Hi everyone, I am a current M1 here at the USC school of medicine. I was accepted last year off the waitlist (hopefully this gives some hope to people on the WL)! Goodluck to everyone currently applying, and to those that have already gotten interviews, congrats! It's a long process but you all have got this!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A call this afternoon. Could not be any more excited, I loved every interaction i've had with this school.

Reactions: 1 users