2023-2024 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS pre-match yesterday! Interviewed 10/27! Absolutely shocked, my first A!

Jus wanted to send so much positivity to everyone, I caught myself on SDN everyday to try and ease my nerves leading up to match day but it honestly made me more nervous so plz give yourself some space from this amazing platform! Have confidence in yourself/your application and know regardless, you’re going to do amazing things!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
any point in putting in a LOI after prematch is done? is there IIs done for?

any point in putting in a LOI after prematch is done? is there IIs done for?
If you're going to send one, do it now.
There are only a few days between the end of the prematch offer window (ends Jan 31) and the deadline for you to submit your rank list (Feb 2).

If it's in your file and available when they are finalizing their side of the rank list they could see it, and even if you don't end up matching it will be there for them to see when they go to their WL later after Match Day.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m excited for everyone that matches here. We’re gonna be a great class :)

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
when do rejections get sent for those who haven’t received ii? are all remaining seats for those that are post ii wl

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if TCOM typically sends more pre-match offers or are there about the same amount of offers sent out on match day?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the preclerkship years, does TCOM use in-house exams or NBME/NBOME standardized exams? Website says they use NBME for clerkship cores, but couldn’t find anything about the preclinicals.

For the preclerkship years, does TCOM use in-house exams or NBME/NBOME standardized exams? Website says they use NBME for clerkship cores, but couldn’t find anything about the preclinicals.
In house pre clinical but they become more like board style second year (still not officially NBOME)

Good luck to everyone!! As an OOS applicant I don’t understand match day at all but I hope everyone receives good vibes and As tomorrow🫡😊

Matched to SHSU, but just got the waitlist email from TCOM around 8:30

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
We use in-house exams for years 1 and 2, and the questions are statistically validated by previous classes. Like purkinje said, the questions do become more board-like in second year, and we also take the COMAT FBS-C, COMSAE, and NBME's CBSSE in year 2. NBOME is currently in process of data collecting and standardizing scores for their line of NBME equivalent preclinical subject exams (COMAT FBS-T), so it's not in widespread use at the moment.

Can you link where you're seeing on the website that we use NBME exams for clerkships? Our (internal) clinical rotation policy manual says we use NBOME's COMAT Clinical Subject Exams.

Omg I just got off the waitlist I guess!! I can’t believe this 😭 I got an acceptance email at 11:20 am after I accepted my position on the waitlist earlier this morning. Holy 😭

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Omg I just got off the waitlist I guess!! I can’t believe this 😭 I got an acceptance email at 11:20 am after I accepted my position on the waitlist earlier this morning. Holy 😭
WHATTTT LETS GOOO!!!! CONGRATS!

You are the fastest gun in the west this season. How did they pull it off putting you on waitlist for a couple of hours.

Omg I just got off the waitlist I guess!! I can’t believe this I got an acceptance email at 11:20 am after I accepted my position on the waitlist earlier this morning. Holy

Did you have to “accept” it outside of receiving the email?

Waitlist!! Prayers for me please ❤️ my husband got accepted to dental school in Dallas so we want to be together 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I just attended the Reapplicant Admissions Info Session, and the host said that if you had not been formally rejected yet there's a chance TCOM will still send out invites to interview. Not sure how true this is and I'm pretty sure there are no more interview dates, but I wanted to put it out there for anyone who didn't get to join.

I got waitlisted OOS. Not sure what this means for me as I doubt there is any OOS waitlist movement but best of luck to y'all!

I got waitlisted OOS. Not sure what this means for me as I doubt there is any OOS waitlist movement but best of luck to y'all!
I know an OOS student in last years cycle that was accepted off the waitlist. Stay positive!

The portal says to submit transcripts to the school but TMDSAS requested them. Should I still submit them through TMDSAS or directly to TCOM? Anybody have guidance on this?

The portal says to submit transcripts to the school but TMDSAS requested them. Should I still submit them through TMDSAS or directly to TCOM? Anybody have guidance on this?
Send to both. TMDSAS asks for them as soon as you get your first acceptance, and the school you will attend would like an official transcript sent directly from your college or colleges

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone found a 4year curriculum layout? I want to have an idea of when certain rotations occur, if we have study periods, and when we are on break etc. (so I can plan life events outside of medschool lol), cant seem to find one anywhere even though every other school has one...

also does anyone know if exams are in-house or old board questions?

These are important things for me to consider if i decide to attend or not so id appreciate the help, thanks in advance

Has anyone found a 4year curriculum layout? I want to have an idea of when certain rotations occur, if we have study periods, and when we are on break etc. (so I can plan life events outside of medschool lol), cant seem to find one anywhere even though every other school has one...

also does anyone know if exams are in-house or old board questions?

These are important things for me to consider if i decide to attend or not so id appreciate the help, thanks in advance
We use in-house exams for years 1 and 2, and the questions are statistically validated by previous classes. Like purkinje said, the questions do become more board-like in second year, and we also take the COMAT FBS-C, COMSAE, and NBME's CBSSE in year 2. NBOME is currently in process of data collecting and standardizing scores for their line of NBME equivalent preclinical subject exams (COMAT FBS-T), so it's not in widespread use at the moment.

Can you link where you're seeing on the website that we use NBME exams for clerkships? Our (internal) clinical rotation policy manual says we use NBOME's COMAT Clinical Subject Exams.

I don’t know about the first question though I’m sorry :(

Is there a $200 deposit or is that wrong? Has anyone paid it yet?

Hi just a quick questions. I was lucky enough to match here last Friday. It was my #2 choice and I am on the waitlist for my #1. Can I accept the offer in the portal (decision due by March 1) and then be able to get out of it if I get off the waitlist for my #1 by May? I called admissions and they haven’t gotten back to me yet. Thanks!

Hi just a quick questions. I was lucky enough to match here last Friday. It was my #2 choice and I am on the waitlist for my #1. Can I accept the offer in the portal (decision due by March 1) and then be able to get out of it if I get off the waitlist for my #1 by May? I called admissions and they haven’t gotten back to me yet. Thanks!
Yes that is how it works in the TMDSAS system. If you don’t get invited in from your WL by May 15, this is your school