2023-2024 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also wondering this. And they do accept them?
if you have taken or plan to take the test since that date (no later than September of the year you applied)

Also remember for the TMDSAS schools, you have to instruct MCAT (AMCAS) to release your scores to TMDSAS.
Check the last MCAT date accepted for your school.
Check the deadline for secondaries and supporting documents ( MCAT scores, Letters, and CASPer)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think traditional applicants are still in the majority haha
I know sdn has a very small subset of applicants. I was patiently waiting for them with hope. Now with Thanksgiving also over, I have this gut feeling that they have passed me over. And me, within 30 minutes radius of this school, is peeking through the window and like 'Oh, come on' 😔

• Care
I know sdn has a very small subset of applicants. I was patiently waiting for them with hope. Now with Thanksgiving also over, I have this gut feeling that they have passed me over. And me, within 30 minutes radius of this school, is peeking through the window and like 'Oh, come on' 😔
Ya I get you ❤️ there’s still at least over a hundred interviews left based on my predictions of interview slots

I am trying to sign up for a campus tour in January with either TCOM or the general campus tour. Has anyone had success in signing up or know what I can do to do a campus tour in January?

Ya I get you ❤️ there’s still at least over a hundred interviews left based on my predictions of interview slots
I’m sure people have told you this PLENTY, but I seriously appreciate the positivity and uplifting nature you bring to the board. It’s truly refreshing.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for raising my hopes, my friend 🙂
Ya ofc I have no idea if it’ll happen but trust me they do come back and review old apps! I was complete in the first week of June and was invited to interview until like mid October-ish? I know it’s a crappy feeling :(

I am trying to sign up for a campus tour in January with either TCOM or the general campus tour. Has anyone had success in signing up or know what I can do to do a campus tour in January?
I did my tour a few weeks ago. I signed up on the tcom website in October and there were a lot of spots left open until a few days prior. I’m guessing they just haven’t released the tour dates for 2024. I would email the admissions office though to ask - they’ve always be pretty quick to respond to my emails.

40 interview slots opened up for January 5th!

I’m predicting another round of prematches and interview invites to come out this week 😎

I did my tour a few weeks ago. I signed up on the tcom website in October and there were a lot of spots left open until a few days prior. I’m guessing they just haven’t released the tour dates for 2024. I would email the admissions office though to ask - they’ve always be pretty quick to respond to my emails.
I bet they’re holding off on tour dates until after their big HSC experience day on December 9th

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody who interviewed on/after 10/13 received a pre-match offer? I interviewed around that time, and I was really hoping for some any kind of news from them 😅

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody who interviewed on/after 10/13 received a pre-match offer? I interviewed around that time, and I was really hoping for some any kind of news from them 😅
It’s coming this week I feel it in my bones 🦴

Stalking the sign up portal and it looks like some interview invites went out today

• Wow
IS Pre-Match just now!!! First A of the cycle for me and really took some weight off my shoulders

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Pre-matched, first secondary, first II turned into first A, feels unreal.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Prematched!!! Your prediction purkinjekitty worked wonders!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🎊🎉🎊🤩🎊🎉🎊🎊🤩😎😎🤩🤩🎉

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Prematched!!! Your prediction purkinjekitty worked wonders!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🎊🎉🎊🤩🎊🎉🎊🎊🤩😎😎🤩🤩🎉
I GOT YALL!! :cool:

Pls someone predict I will prematch somewhere before December 14th :rofl:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Yes, interviewed on Friday 13th, lol 🐈‍⬛
Friday The 13Th Dance GIF by 100% Soft

• Haha
OOS A today!!!!!!! MY FIRST A!! I 10000% started crying tears of joy in the kitchen when I opened the email, I can't believe it!! I AM OVER THE MOON!!! NO MORE MED SCHOOL APPS EVER AGAIN, I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!! I interviewed back in mid September, so hoping that will give some of y'all comfort and encouragement if you weren't accepted when the first round A's for your interview dates got released. BE PATIENT AND DON'T WORRY!! Genuinely wishing the best of luck to everyone applying and waiting for answers, hope you all get your crying in the kitchen moment soon!!! <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed first week of Oct, LM 71, no pre-match here 😢

• Care
OOS A today!!!!!!! MY FIRST A!! I 10000% started crying tears of joy in the kitchen when I opened the email, I can't believe it!! I AM OVER THE MOON!!! NO MORE MED SCHOOL APPS EVER AGAIN, I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!! I interviewed back in mid September, so hoping that will give some of y'all comfort and encouragement if you weren't accepted when the first round A's for your interview dates got released. BE PATIENT AND DON'T WORRY!! Genuinely wishing the best of luck to everyone applying and waiting for answers, hope you all get your crying in the kitchen moment soon!!! <3
This was so freaking wholesome 😭😭so so happy for you. Onto residency apps next o_O

10/27 interview gang waiting for them to hit our lines as well 😮‍💨

Interviewed here on 10/31 and prematched yesterday. Regarding the decision due 12/21, is that decision binding? Should I go ahead and accept and then rank 2nd on TMDSAS if I wanted to go elsewhere?

Interviewed here on 10/31 and prematched yesterday. Regarding the decision due 12/21, is that decision binding? Should I go ahead and accept and then rank 2nd on TMDSAS if I wanted to go elsewhere?
As far as I understand, no prematch is binding! Rank the schools in the order you want to go to them regardless of Pre-matches.

Congratulations to all who got accepted into TCOM. What are all your stats? I am still waiting for my II

Last edited:
Question- I have been accepted to another school in Texas not apart of accomas, if I accept and pay the deposit there does that affect my application at tcom? I interviewed at TCOM on 11/7 & don't anticipate hearing back before the deadline to accept for the other school.

Question- I have been accepted to another school in Texas not apart of accomas, if I accept and pay the deposit there does that affect my application at tcom? I interviewed at TCOM on 11/7 & don't anticipate hearing back before the deadline to accept for the other school.
***apart of acomas sorry

No, at worst you’re gonna be a doctor and at best you’ll lose the deposit and accept a spot at TCOM (or wherever your top choice is) sometime later!

Congratulations!

I would advise to hold out until the last day since you truly never know when prematches will come