You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Boston University
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Finally got the Fin Aid package!
Was it a decent package?Finally got the Fin Aid package!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say so. Made it comparable to IS UMass tuition so now I am really having a hard time deciding between the schools. I honestly think COL is still just such a difference that I give the lean to UMass now. but much closer than both at base tuition and COLWas it a decent package?
findingdory
Full Member
is anyone else still waiting for the financial aid package?
D
deleted1194639
Hey all, besides withdrawing on the portal, is there a way to withdraw on "CYMS" AMCAS as well somehow? I can't find an option, thanks! Want one of ya'll to get my acceptance!!!
PotatoBean
Full Member
Portal + you email them. Once they process it, it will show up on AMCASHey all, besides withdrawing on the portal, is there a way to withdraw on "CYMS" AMCAS as well somehow? I can't find an option, thanks! Want one of ya'll to get my acceptance!!!
D
deleted1194639
@Mr. Macrophage please help, I love you haha ^
D
deleted1194639
Good luck ya'll! Hoping that one of you will receive the news you've been waiting for <3 + another $40K 🙂
Nope! They'll do it for you! 🙂Hey all, besides withdrawing on the portal, is there a way to withdraw on "CYMS" AMCAS as well somehow? I can't find an option, thanks! Want one of ya'll to get my acceptance!!!
Did the financial aide package come through an email? Or how did u receive it?Finally got the Fin Aid package!
I am still waiting.is anyone else still waiting for the financial aid package?
Did the financial aide package come through an email? Or how did u receive it?
Any current students lurking around that I could DM with some questions? Specifically about the curriculum and the flipped classroom approach! TIA!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get your yet? I’m still waiting.is anyone else still waiting for the financial aid package?
findingdory
Full Member
I called and found out that my FAFSA and CSS Profile weren't linked on their end. They just reviewed my app yesterday so I’m hoping to receive an update sometime next weekDid you get your yet? I’m still waiting.
findingdory
Full Member
If u haven't heard from them after submission, I'd suggest giving them a call to make sure they have everything on file
D
deleted1194639
@Mr. Macrophage Hey! Quick question, if a school states in their traffic rules that you need to withdraw all waitlist offers, does that refer to just simply being on a waitlist or offers that are conferred after being on a waitlist? For example, if I'm on School A's waitlist, would I need to ask them to remove me essentially?
Just withdrew my A and partial scholarship. heartbreaking but good luck to the WLers!
quite a bit of people left the GroupMeDo we expect WL movement from BU 🥲
hellafromthebay8
Full Member
in the past it seems like most ppl started getting off the WL mid to end of May (unless someone knows a person who got off before then). I have friends who got off the WL last year and the earliest I heard was May 15th so I’m just gonna expect a really slow processDo we expect WL movement from BU 🥲
greymolerat
Full Member
Does anyone know the FAFSA code for BU?
002130Does anyone know the FAFSA code for BU?
I’ve never been able to get any school to answer the phone during this process 😭😭Why does BUSM never answer calls...
anonapp345
Full Member
They got back to me within like an hour when I submitted a question through the portal, so that's probably the best way to get in touch.Why does BUSM never answer calls...
It’s either the school answers and gives me a lot of information or the the school never answers the call…I’ve never been able to get any school to answer the phone during this process 😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did you send your LOI through the portal?Just got off the WL via phone call!
Info for everyone.
Interview: 1/13/25
Letter of Interest Sent: 4/3/25
congrats! could you share stats and IS vs OOS?I uploaded it through the portal. But I also did e-mail the admission office as a sort of confirmation?
hellafromthebay8
Full Member
Congrats!!! Just curious did u do MAMS?Just got off the WL via phone call!
Info for everyone.
Interview: 1/13/25
Letter of Interest Sent: 4/3/25
hellafromthebay8
Full Member
Just got the call!!! OOS A LM 68, did MAMS. Thank ****ing god I don’t have to reapply. Interviewed 8/24!
Last edited:
hellafromthebay8
Full Member
I know ppl who got off in June last yr so it’s not over yet!So is WL cooked now? 😅🥲
orthobro3000
Full Member
Is it worth sending a letter of intent now? Lol
It couldn't hurt!Is it worth sending a letter of intent now? Lol
alaskanboi
New Member
Had to call them.I think others had the same issue -- for anyone who withdrew, how long did it take to reflect on CYMS? I have already CTE'd to another school, but no withdrawal indicated in AMCAS for BU.
bongocat13
New Member
Just got off the WL! Is there a way to get added to the groupme?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scorpionfish
Full Member
Anyone get an email from CAMEDAdm regarding a transcript that was due June 15,2024 this morning? the date is throwing me off because i just got a notification to submit a transcript.
scarletscrubs13
Full Member
I think the original offer letter said that transcripts are due july 1st so I'm hoping the email they sent is outdated from last yearAnyone get an email from CAMEDAdm regarding a transcript that was due June 15,2024 this morning? the date is throwing me off because i just got a notification to submit a transcript.
scorpionfish
Full Member
thanks!I think the original offer letter said that transcripts are due july 1st so I'm hoping the email they sent is outdated from last year
masterdurick
Full Member
+1 R this morning, this is after WL from March
"We wrote to you several months ago inviting you to take a position on the waiting list for admission to the next entering class at Chobanian & Avedisian SOM. It is with great regret that I write now to inform you that we will be unable to offer a place in the class. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the candidate who is turned away.
Most of the candidates we are considering this year are qualified to attend medical school and are likely to make important contributions to our profession and to society. Sadly, with about 100 applicants for every seat in the class, we are forced to deny many exceptional people.
We acknowledge and respect your accomplishments and appreciate your patience over the past few months. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Kristen Goodell, M.D.
Associate Dean of Admissions
Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine"
"We wrote to you several months ago inviting you to take a position on the waiting list for admission to the next entering class at Chobanian & Avedisian SOM. It is with great regret that I write now to inform you that we will be unable to offer a place in the class. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the candidate who is turned away.
Most of the candidates we are considering this year are qualified to attend medical school and are likely to make important contributions to our profession and to society. Sadly, with about 100 applicants for every seat in the class, we are forced to deny many exceptional people.
We acknowledge and respect your accomplishments and appreciate your patience over the past few months. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Kristen Goodell, M.D.
Associate Dean of Admissions
Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine"
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K