You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kansas
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.docloading
Full Member
It was a pretty straight forward interview experience. Standard questions for a medical school interview, the interviewers were kind and pleasant to talk to. I did appreciate that it was only about an hour and a half of my time as they give you the orientation videos to watch online.for those of you who have interviewed here (wish the best for you!), could you share your experience?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cinnamoncow
Full Member
OOS pre II R , submitted 9/20
glittersparkles
Full Member
OOS pre II R, secondary complete 9/24
D
deleted1194381
+1 OOS pre II R
MotherBerry
Full Member
+1 OOS pre II R. Good luck folks!
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
OOS II this morning. LM ~70, complete ~early August
I thought I was fs cooked when I got this email. I asked some friends who are current students here and most of them said they got the same email. So I'm still very hopefulgot an email saying no decision until March. Am I cooked
.docloading
Full Member
+1 wait until march
bigfoot36487
Full Member
Does anyone have any interview advice? Feeling desperate
Just be yourself. They invited you because they liked what they saw on paper and want to get to know you better. Take some deep breaths, make sure you review what you put on your application, and just have a conversation. My experience was super casual and very enjoyable.Does anyone have any interview advice? Feeling desperate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bigfoot36487
Full Member
Thank you so much for this reminder. Quick question- did the interviews only take an hour? I am wondering how many hours of work I need to take off for that morning.Just be yourself. They invited you because they liked what they saw on paper and want to get to know you better. Take some deep breaths, make sure you review what you put on your application, and just have a conversation. My experience was super casual and very enjoyable.
2x30 mins. Check-in is 20 mins before but refer to the email they sent you. You should be good if you take an even 2 hours offThank you so much for this reminder. Quick question- did the interviews only take an hour? I am wondering how many hours of work I need to take off for that morning.
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Any acceptance lately? No announcement here.
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Congrats. Did you receive email or phone call?OOS A about an hour ago 🙂 I have a family member that's a clinical assistant professor there, but I'm not sure if that's a strong tie to the state. LM: 70.7
MellowAl
Full Member
Thank you! I received an email.Congrats. Did you receive email or phone call?
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Any activity today? Last year by this time As went out.....
Doctordufensmertz
New Member
I thought last years was Feb 9th no?Any activity today? Last year by this time As went out.....
tigers2024
New Member
My portal just updated. I have a link to register for a Second Look Day? I'm confused what this means because they say on the portal those links get sent to students with an offer of acceptance or students awaiting a final decision. Hopefully they send emails soon.
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Do you see anything about alternate list? Most likely they will send updates this Friday and may be A for you!My portal just updated. I have a link to register for a Second Look Day? I'm confused what this means because they say on the portal those links get sent to students with an offer of acceptance or students awaiting a final decision. Hopefully they send emails soon.
tigers2024
New Member
I did not see anything about an alternate list.Do you see anything about alternate list? Most likely they will send updates this Friday and may be A for you!
bigfoot36487
Full Member
My portal just updated. I have a link to register for a Second Look Day? I'm confused what this means because they say on the portal those links get sent to students with an offer of acceptance or students awaiting a final decision. Hopefully they send emails soon.
I have the same message. When did you interview ?
Doctordufensmertz
New Member
Anyone not have a update on their portal.........? Should I emotionally prepare for a R?
abcabc1212
Full Member
I don't have an update either. Slightly worried about the R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doctordufensmertz
New Member
From what I heard every student gets scored after the interview then put into a excel sheet based of their score. My theory is that data entry person is entering top to bottom of that list...I don't have an update either. Slightly worried about the R
abcabc1212
Full Member
I just got the Post-II R. Interviewed in September and got the wait till March email.
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Post-II R just now 🙁
.docloading
Full Member
OOS Post-II R. Darn : (
+1 OOS Alternate list, position 67. I'll likely withdraw my application for IS tuition 🙂Alt List - got the email with my position which I'm glad they release that info tbh. OOS so was expecting it
Interviewed 1/24.
FlySurgeon
New Member
Alt list (20s) - is there any way we can see or find out how much movement there’s been over the past few years? Any website I should know about?
You can check previous year's threads to get a sense of approximately how much movement there is. Last year's had a pretty good amount from what I can see. I believe you could try admit.org tooAlt list (20s) - is there any way we can see or find out how much movement there’s been over the past few years? Any website I should know about?
i was not cooked. oos agot an email saying no decision until March. Am I cooked
tigers2024
New Member
IS A! Interviewed 12/5. LM 69. Had the Second Look box yesterday in my portal.
tigers2024
New Member
Does anyone know of a Facebook page or GroupMe that’s been started?
I was 33 last year and was accepted (4 years ICT). it went to 45 last year and like 75 the year before
bigfoot36487
Full Member
Does anyone know of a Facebook page or GroupMe that’s been started?
I looked around but I don’t think there is one yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bigfoot36487
Full Member
Do campus placements come out in March ?
MellowAl
Full Member
Campus assignments will be released latest by the first week of April. However, in past years, I've seen people get assigned by the second week of March. Also, in the past you could email Blair Day to change preferences if you'd like, but now you can't anymore. I believe most will get their first choice, but if you're waitlisted, there's a higher chance of getting second or third choice. To my understanding, if you don't get your first choice you'll be put on the pending list which is like a waitlist for campus assignments. There's been quite a bit of movement on that list in previous years.Do campus placements come out in March ?
tigers2024
New Member
I went ahead and created a Facebook page for this year's incoming class! Log into Facebook
They’re supposedly ahead of schedule this year and campus assignments should be coming out within the next week!Campus assignments will be released latest by the first week of April. However, in past years, I've seen people get assigned by the second week of March. Also, in the past you could email Blair Day to change preferences if you'd like, but now you can't anymore. I believe most will get their first choice, but if you're waitlisted, there's a higher chance of getting second or third choice. To my understanding, if you don't get your first choice you'll be put on the pending list which is like a waitlist for campus assignments. There's been quite a bit of movement on that list in previous years.