-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kansas
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Did anyone receive A today? Are they done sending out As and IIs?
Great news, did you hear this from the admissions office?They’re supposedly ahead of schedule this year and campus assignments should be coming out within the next week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes and apparently that was wrong🥲Great news, did you hear this from the admissions office?
MellowAl
Full Member
Wait really? 😭 I got an info email today, but idk if that means they’re coming out soon. The week isn’t over yet.Yes and apparently that was wrong🥲
docdocknockknock
Full Member
financial aid info email today..
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Did anyone notice any change with second look registration details on your portal?
No, but I also did not receive a financial aid email on February 21stDid anyone notice any change with second look registration details on your portal?
Did anyone notice any change with second look registration details on your portal?
i no longer see it on the portal. I did receive a financial aid email howeverNo, but I also did not receive a financial aid email on February 21st
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Looks like only folks on alternate list received the financial aid email. Since March 6th is the due date for confirming if you like to remain on alternate list, we should know soon if they will activate this list earlier than May.i no longer see it on the portal. I did receive a financial aid email however
MellowAl
Full Member
Last year’s thread had someone who said their class made it all the way to 40. 40 people were on pending and all 40 people got their primary placement. Don’t lose hope!My primary choice was KC but I got 2+2 and am 25 on the campus pending list. Does anyone know how much it typically moves and how likely I am to still get my first choice?
docdocknockknock
Full Member
So will adcom give campus priority first before calling from alternate list? If some one declines A for KC campus adcom gives that seat to campus waitlist and offer Whichita to alternate list? Is that how it works?Last year’s thread had someone who said their class made it all the way to 40. 40 people were on pending and all 40 people got their primary placement. Don’t lose hope!
MellowAl
Full Member
Yes, I believe pending list (accepted students) gets priority over alternate list (waitlisted students) in terms of campus assignments. Typically, alternate list people have a much higher chance of getting second choice or 2/2.So will adcom give campus priority first before calling from alternate list? If some one declines A for KC campus adcom gives that seat to campus waitlist and offer Whichita to alternate list? Is that how it works?
Yes, I think you’re right. If someone with KC 4 declines, I believe that spot will be given to the next pending list person with 2/2 or Wichita 4. That leaves an open Wichita or 2/2 spot for another waitlist applicant. That’s why alt list people usually get their second pick.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Most likely by April 1st week. Here are some numbers for this year...When do yall think they will activate the alternate list??
Regular Decision Interviews1. Regular Decision interviews for AY25 concluded on January 24, 2025. TheCommittee interviewed 463 applicants.2. The Admissions Committee voting has also concluded for this cycle. TheAdmissions Office is in the process of compiling the acceptance lists, and a rankedalternate list. While the final class size will be 211 seats, offers will be extended toapproximately 246 to account for withdrawals and those Scholars who do not meetthe minimum MCAT score requirement.
It all depends on how admitted students select other programs. There are roughly 100 on the alternate list.
Don't know how many opted in to be on the waitlist. Keep praying for all admitted students to get acceptances from Top 20 programs so that there is significant movement on the waitlist.
Thanks that helped me put things into perspective. This has all just been a big waiting game and Im ready for it to be over. Fingers crossed there’s a lot of movement on the waitlist! Sending good vibes out for everyoneMost likely by April 1st week. Here are some numbers for this year...
Regular Decision Interviews1. Regular Decision interviews for AY25 concluded on January 24, 2025. TheCommittee interviewed 463 applicants.2. The Admissions Committee voting has also concluded for this cycle. TheAdmissions Office is in the process of compiling the acceptance lists, and a rankedalternate list. While the final class size will be 211 seats, offers will be extended toapproximately 246 to account for withdrawals and those Scholars who do not meetthe minimum MCAT score requirement.
It all depends on how admitted students select other programs. There are roughly 100 on the alternate list.
Don't know how many opted in to be on the waitlist. Keep praying for all admitted students to get acceptances from Top 20 programs so that there is significant movement on the waitlist.
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Did anyone hear any update on WL movement? Expecting alternate list may be activated next week.
3.1415926535
New Member
I have not heard anything. Did admissions say they were activating it next week?Did anyone hear any update on WL movement? Expecting alternate list may be activated next week.
bigfoot36487
Full Member
Has anyone received scholarships yet?
MellowAl
Full Member
I did yesterday.Has anyone received scholarships yet?
3.1415926535
New Member
So eager to hear if anyone's heard more about the waitlist or anyone withdrawing? ah!!
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Looks like they take 5 to 7 IS students every year who didn't make it from waitlist. Good option if you didn't get any other acceptance and considering re applying.Anyone know anything about the MEDPATH program. Got an email about it a few weeks ago and I haven’t heard much abt it
docdocknockknock
Full Member
It doesn't look like waitlist is activated yet. But could be activated this week based on last few years.
matchamedicine
New Member
Waitlist was activated today!
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Where did you learn that from?Waitlist was activated today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Looks like it is at #13. Did anyone receive any A after this number?
backwall25
Full Member
Looks like it is at #13. Did anyone receive any A after this number?
How do we know the number
3.1415926535
New Member
Which campus did you get assigned? : )Waitlist was activated today!
Last edited:
knownodefeat
Full Member
The portal.How do we know the number
knownodefeat
Full Member
based and shadow-pilled thank you friendI am #14 on the waitlist but I just sent in my withdrawal so they should skip me and move on to #15ba
i am #20
knownodefeat
Full Member
Alternate list activated! Just found out. The portal says the next seat will be offered to #13. Over a dozen spots moved already! I am only a few away and just beside myself
good luck to everyone else in the running
good luck to everyone else in the running
knownodefeat
Full Member
wondering what they were like, can you share any details? may i dmI did yesterday.
MellowAl
Full Member
Yes! Of course. Happy to answer any questions you have.wondering what they were like, can you share any details? may i dm
MellowAl
Full Member
I heard from campus visit day that everyone who applies for one will usually get something. Personally, I got $4800 for this year. I have to reapply next year if I want to renew it and there's no guarantee I'll get the same amount.wondering what they were like, can you share any details? may i dm
matchamedicine
New Member
All 4 in Wichita!Which campus did you get assigned? : )
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Do you have MD or DO acceptance? I thought they announce medpath acceptance only in late May.Does anybody have any information for MEDPATH regarding content and grading? Specifically about resources that people generally use, like if there are anki decks that get passed down, or if it's similar enough to M1 to use things like Anking. Also are grades heavily based on tests or other assignments? Curious because it's something I'm heavily considering but with an A already in hand I don't know if it's worth the risk.
backwall25
Full Member
Are people off the waitlist pretty much garunteed to be put in Wichita?
I recieved $4500. As an OOS very low income student, I was hoping to get some need based aid as well..At least it is something, right? I'll just be $600k in debt between undergrad, masters and med school!Yikes!!I heard from campus visit day that everyone who applies for one will usually get something. Personally, I got $4800 for this year. I have to reapply next year if I want to renew it and there's no guarantee I'll get the same amount.
3.1415926535
New Member
In the past there have been assignments at 2+2 and a couple 4 years KC as well. So it really depends it seems.Are people off the waitlist pretty much garunteed to be put in Wichita?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.1415926535
New Member
What was second look like?I heard from campus visit day that everyone who applies for one will usually get something. Personally, I got $4800 for this year. I have to reapply next year if I want to renew it and there's no guarantee I'll get the same amount.
docdocknockknock
Full Member
Any new acceptance from waitlist today?
knownodefeat
Full Member
No movement yet.. still at #13
MellowAl
Full Member
It was really nice! We started with a presentation about the curriculum and what the start of med school would be like. Afterwards, they talked about finances and different loans that students could qualify for. There was a fair with lots of food and tables where you could meet with student affairs or free clinics and a white coat try-on area. There was also a room where you could have 1:1 meetings with the financial advisor and scholarship commitee.What was second look like?