You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Nebraska
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
Congrats! What does pending a slot mean? Like you were accepted, but on the waitlist?OOS Accepted pending a slot as of 30 minutes ago. Interviewed 11/11
The current class is full. It's like a waitlist except if they don't get to your number you are automatically admitted to the following year's class.Congrats! What does pending a slot mean? Like you were accepted, but on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
Ahh gotcha. Well, congrats! Sounds better than a waitlist to have a guaranteed admit next year if this year doesn’t work out!The current class is full. It's like a waitlist except if they don't get to your number you are automatically admitted to the following year's class.
I do have another MD A that I would choose over deferring a year, but it is nice that they offer that option!Ahh gotcha. Well, congrats! Sounds better than a waitlist to have a guaranteed admit next year if this year doesn’t work out!
w0ndermed25
Full Member
Current class is full already? Maybe this is a bad metric but there's only 22 people in the 2029 FB page and like 5 of them are current students. Huge congrats on your As!!The current class is full. It's like a waitlist except if they don't get to your number you are automatically admitted to the following year's class.
might be full on OOS side of things? Tough to say, I only know what they told me.Current class is full already? Maybe this is a bad metric but there's only 22 people in the 2029 FB page and like 5 of them are current students. Huge congrats on your As!!
m.kitty.cat
New Member
what's the step 1 pass rate for the cohort that took it last year? saw 10 or so people failed in 2023 but no more data after that. I was also wondering what happens to those people
TYIA!
TYIA!
For what it’s worth, I had no idea there was a Facebook page hahaCurrent class is full already? Maybe this is a bad metric but there's only 22 people in the 2029 FB page and like 5 of them are current students. Huge congrats on your As!!
w0ndermed25
Full Member
Lol I just searched for it on FB and found it!For what it’s worth, I had no idea there was a Facebook page haha
fyucherdoc
New Member
Cycletrack shows a waitlist on 2/11
brachial plexus44
Full Member
Has anyone with a December interview heard back yet?
Nicky2024!
New Member
In-state, interviewed 11/1 and still waiting for a decision.
fyucherdoc
New Member
IS R at around 4:00 pm today. LM 72.8.
Maybe next year
Maybe next year
medicalbaddie
Full Member
I interviewed here mid-October and haven't heard anything. Should I take this as a soft R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
I'm in the same boat, still waiting. But don't loose hope! UNMC sends out acceptances from December to March. See below, part of their Q&A info session post interviews. Looks like March 21st is the final date to get a decision.I interviewed here mid-October and haven't heard anything. Should I take this as a soft R?
Nicky2024!
New Member
IS, interviewed 11/1, Waitlisted and received the email this morning at 11:53
NuclearSclerosis
New Member
OOS Post-interview R today. Bummed I had to wait 5 months after interviewing just to get the R.
w0ndermed25
Full Member
Admitted students day was awesome! Does anyone know what their merit aid looks like?
westernblotter
Full Member
I think they mentioned this on admitted students day, but does anyone know/remember when we will find out if we were awarded merit-based financial aid?
w0ndermed25
Full Member
Preliminary aid came out in MyRecords today! Additional scholarships could come throughout the summer I believeI think they mentioned this on admitted students day, but does anyone know/remember when we will find out if we were awarded merit-based financial aid?
westernblotter
Full Member
Do I have to plan/commit to enroll on CYMST? It looks like it is not required at this point but I just want to confirm?
April 15: The AAMC Application and Acceptance Protocols recommends accepted students narrowDo I have to plan/commit to enroll on CYMST? It looks like it is not required at this point but I just want to confirm?
offers to three medical schools (if applicable).
April 30: “Commit to Enroll” option for accepted students becomes available. From April
30, 2025 prior to Orientation. Accepted students should utilize this tool when they are ready to commit
to UNMC and are withdrawing all other applications, committing to a single institution. This means
you have withdrawn all acceptances and alternate/wait list positions at other institutions.
May 1: Accepted applicants to UNMC should “Plan to Enroll” to signify they want to hold acceptance
to UNMC COM if they are holding other alternate/wait list positions.
July 22: UNMC’s deadline for accepted students to select “Commit to Enroll”. All UNMC COM
accepted students who intend to matriculate must remove themselves from all alternate lists and any
accepted positions at other institutions. Using the “Commit to Enroll” status does not automatically
withdraw you from consideration at another institution. Make sure you reach out to the institution you
are withdrawing from to follow the appropriate process. Failure to select “Commit to Enroll” to UNMC
by July 22 could result in retraction of the admission offer to UNMC College of Medicine.
Nicky2024!
New Member
Got off the waitlist today, 5/20