2024-2025 Alice L Walton

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oh well, it seems no one has been rejected post II so my chance of getting an A is not great. I thought I did well on the interview but I guess it’s not enough
@LateApplicantKing this is us
1000001787.webp
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking at the financial aid portion of their website. Does this school only accept private loans? I know the tuition is free, but the cost of attendance is still 35k - 40k per year. I still haven't gotten an II yet, but if no one knows, I may send an email to their financial aid office if they do invite me.
 
I was looking at the financial aid portion of their website. Does this school only accept private loans? I know the tuition is free, but the cost of attendance is still 35k - 40k per year. I still haven't gotten an II yet, but if no one knows, I may send an email to their financial aid office if they do invite me.
This school provides free tuition because students can't take out federal loans. It won’t be eligible for federal loans until it gains full accreditation, which happens after the first class graduates. This is different than a new medical school like Belmont, which is connected to an established undergrad school that already allows students to get federal loans (however, because Belmont students are eligible for federal loans, the school isn’t offering free tuition, so it's a double edged sword). Since AWSOM is independent, students can't get federal loans for the first four years.
 
This school provides free tuition because students can't take out federal loans. It won’t be eligible for federal loans until it gains full accreditation, which happens after the first class graduates. This is different than a new medical school like Belmont, which is connected to an established undergrad school that already allows students to get federal loans (however, because Belmont students are eligible for federal loans, the school isn’t offering free tuition, so it's a double edged sword). Since AWSOM is independent, students can't get federal loans for the first four years.
Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply 🙂
 
Is it even worth submitting a secondary this late?
They seem to be screening for secondaries, so if you received one from this school, you have passed their initial review.
Remember they just opened up applications in October 2024, so they are not working on the typical AMCAS timeline for this first application year.
 
Yeah I submitted my primary in December and then got a handful of II right after and went against submitting since I was over confident. I knew todays the last day and it’s why I’m asking if it’s worth spending the money on Hail Mary II
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Anyone who interviewed have any insight on how the day / 2 interviews went for them? Mine is coming up this Friday and I'm starting to get antsy. Thanks!