You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Alice L Walton
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thatmeespresso
Full Member
anyone who interviewed on Dec 13 hear anything?
I haven't heard anything yetanyone who interviewed on Dec 13 hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thatmeespresso
Full Member
same. the wait is killing me!I haven't heard anything yet
D
deleted1209043
Is it still worth sending in a secondary to this school? I am a MA resident, MCAT 508 / cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5. Am leaning towards not applying bc it’s so late now
thatmeespresso
Full Member
+1 A (got the call around 5pm) !!!!!! SO EXCITED
If you look on cycle track, they’ve been accepting relatively high stats, like 512 and above. Plus, they seem to prefer IS or the bordering OOS states, so it’s up to you, but since its inaugural, it seems like they wanna keep it local - it just may not be worth the fees, but at the same time, one more application is one more chance to get into med school!Is it still worth sending in a secondary to this school? I am a MA resident, MCAT 508 / cGPA 3.6, sGPA 3.5. Am leaning towards not applying bc it’s so late now
Hurricanado
Full Member
Not sure what they’re looking for, but the success of this first class of 48 makes or breaks this place. Multi-millions of $ have, and will continue to be, at play. Focusing on anything other than a class comprised of applicants with proven ability to master tons of tough material, and a track record of test-taking success, would be insane. If this first group isn’t hugely successful with STEPs and so on, AWSOM won’t cross the full accreditation finish line.
Last edited:
Is it realistically too late to apply? I know they’re still accepting secondaries but is it worth it for me?
Hurricanado
Full Member
Seems to be pretty quietHas anyone received a II from here recently?
Did anybody else get the newsletter?
+1 email that I will do literally nothing with lol
It's nice to see the building progress, though >.<+1 email that I will do literally nothing with lol
Hurricanado
Full Member
So much for notifications by end Jan, huh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Acceptances for a specific interview date or something else? I wasn’t aware they said somethingSo much for notifications by end Jan, huh?
Hurricanado
Full Member
I think from here it seems the first group of interviewees heard back. Someone mentioned the school was notifying end of Jan but nothing more specific. It’s just been so quiet, I was curious what was what. Hopefully, they aren’t having any issues and will let everyone who has interviews hear back sooner than later.
Last edited:
medDawgbruh
Full Member
Very curious what’s happening behind the scenes with this school rn. I would’ve expected more A’s, ii’s, etc by now
Hurricanado
Full Member
Congrats re interview. Maybe you have whatever they’re looking for. It’s odd how some folks already got A’s and WL yet so many more interviewees have been ghosted. Doesn’t make an earlier applicant feel confident for a place at this new, free school.
I don't know if I would say ghosted. In the grand scheme of things, it has not been a long time; I think some people from the first and second interview dates have heard back. The acceptances seem to go out once every two weeks on either Friday or Saturday, with waitlists going out the following Monday. I think I was only in their fourth interview day (1/17). So, based on that, people should possibly hear back this weekend for the next round of A's and WL's. As you have mentioned, the school has a small class, so they are probably cautious about who they accept.Congrats re interview. Maybe you have whatever they’re looking for. It’s odd how some folks already got A’s and WL yet so many more interviewees have been ghosted. Doesn’t make an earlier applicant feel confident for a place at this new, free school.
Same interview day as you. Hope we hear back this Friday!I don't know if I would say ghosted. In the grand scheme of things, it has not been a long time; I think some people from the first and second interview dates have heard back. The acceptances seem to go out once every two weeks on either Friday or Saturday, with waitlists going out the following Monday. I think I was only in their fourth interview day (1/17). So, based on that, people should possibly hear back this weekend for the next round of A's and WL's. As you have mentioned, the school has a small class, so they are probably cautious about who they accept.
Hurricanado
Full Member
I hear ya. It’s subjective but to me, ghosting is hearing nothing after a few months post II in rolling admissions. Some folks fr my II date seem to have heard. Not me. Ghosting (post-secondary) is of course something else and more common with med school applications and comes w the cash-grab on the side.
Last edited:
I totally understand. This is my second cycle, and last year I had an interview in October and did not hear ANYTHING until July with an R (I was truly ghosted, haha).I hear ya. It’s subjective but to me, ghosting is hearing nothing after a few months post II in rolling admissions. Some folks fr my II date seem to have heard. Not me. Ghosting (post-2) is of course something else and more common with med school applications and comes w the cash-grab on the side.
I just don't think that there have been enough releases yet (two waves of only about 7 people?) to see a trend. I do get the need, though. If you know my fate, just tell me and put me out of my misery. All I am saying is to have hope. This is technically the beginning of their cycle.
2 days before at 3:30 CSTHey yall! For those that have interviewed, when did you receive your zoom link?
futureobgyny
Full Member
did anyone here receive an interview without a preview score?
shoobie_doobie
New Member
Preview score isn't a requirement this year. I didn't take Preview/Casper and got the A.did anyone here receive an interview without a preview score?
stripes5928
New Member
OOS II coming up, any tips from those who have already?
thatmeespresso
Full Member
Re: interviews and ghosting
For whatever it is worth, I interviewed on the second day (Dec. 13) and they told us to expect responses in mid-January. I didn't hear back until like almost the last week in January, so it's definitely subjective. I imagine with the holidays they were a bit behind, but will probably keep things rolling maybe this week.
For whatever it is worth, I interviewed on the second day (Dec. 13) and they told us to expect responses in mid-January. I didn't hear back until like almost the last week in January, so it's definitely subjective. I imagine with the holidays they were a bit behind, but will probably keep things rolling maybe this week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hurricanado
Full Member
Early II date and not heard. Guess we'll all see.Re: interviews and ghosting
For whatever it is worth, I interviewed on the second day (Dec. 13) and they told us to expect responses in mid-January. I didn't hear back until like almost the last week in January, so it's definitely subjective. I imagine with the holidays they were a bit behind, but will probably keep things rolling maybe this week.
Last edited:
+1 A, I got the call at around 2 pm PST!! YAY, beyond excited
JackieMD2B
New Member
What interview date?+1 A, I got the call at around 2 pm PST!! YAY, beyond excited
1/17What interview date?
D
deleted1199420
I interviewed on the same day why didn’t I get admitted1/17
if one image can describe my MD cycle so far, this is it.I interviewed on the same day why didn’t I get admitted
View attachment 398568
WinnerChickenDinner
New Member
+1 OOS A with no ties. Got the call yesterday around 3p MT. Is there a group chat for accepted students?
Hurricanado
Full Member
Congrats! ... if you don't mind sharing, when was your II?+1 OOS A with no ties. Got the call yesterday around 3p MT. Is there a group chat for accepted students?
WinnerChickenDinner
New Member
Congrats! ... if you don't mind sharing, when was your II?
Thanks!
Application Complete - 12/6
Interview Invite - 12/23
Interview - 1/17
Acceptance - 2/7
Hope that helps! Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything else.
Last edited:
Hurricanado
Full Member
Yep, thanks! CYMS time is not far off now so having even a small glimpse as to how AWSOM may be approaching A's is appreciated.
D
deleted1199420
To those accepted: did y’all get an email?
It was a phone call and then immediate email after we hung upTo those accepted: did y’all get an email?
OOS WL, interviewed 1/17
lavenderlemons
New Member
IS WL interviewed 1/10
JackieMD2B
New Member
Has AWSOM sent any post II rejections?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hurricanado
Full Member
OOS WL so am heading elsewhere. Wishing all you future doctors great outcomes! GL, everyone!
D
deleted1199420
Oh well, it seems no one has been rejected post II so my chance of getting an A is not great. I thought I did well on the interview but I guess it’s not enough
JackieMD2B
New Member
Oh well, it seems no one has been rejected post II so my chance of getting an A is not great. I thought I did well on the interview but I guess it’s not enough
D
deleted1199420
My favorite part of my faculty interview was when I asked what makes AWSOM unique and he said it’s not