You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Tennessee
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ColdbrewFanatic
Full Member
+1 IS II, LM 77, complete 8/5
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
Does anyone know the interview format here (i.e., is it closed, open, number of interviews)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One was more "academic" in nature and longer while the other one was shorter and "standard." I do believe that the longer interview is openDoes anyone know the interview format here (i.e., is it closed, open, number of interviews)?
lycheemango
New Member
Does anyone know approximately how long these interviews are? Thanks!
From what I remember, one was 15 minutes while the other was 20-30 minutesDoes anyone know approximately how long these interviews are? Thanks!
After you schedule an interview, is there a way to see what date and time you scheduled?
you should be receiving an email with confirmation in a day or twoAfter you schedule an interview, is there a way to see what date and time you scheduled?
This is perfect - thank you so much!you should be receiving an email with confirmation in a day or two
I did not receive an email confirmation from admissions. In my portal it just says, 'thank you for confirming your interview'.After you schedule an interview, is there a way to see what date and time you scheduled?
After about a week I reached out to admissions to confirm. I doubt you will get an email just fyi!
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
Same here - no email confirmation or anything. Just the message in the portal
Got it - I haven't received any confirmation yet, so I might reach out to admissions just to double-check the date and time.
mostlylurking
Full Member
+1 IS II, LM 74, Completed 08/06.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheHelper74
Full Member
[mention]moonbow [/mention]
Wow! That was fast. Congrats future MD!
Wow! That was fast. Congrats future MD!
Phone callPhone call or email?
AblazeCastle
New Member
+1 IS A via phone call few hours ago! LM 74, interviewed on 10/14.
Retin0pathy
Full Member
+1 IS A via phone call few hours ago! LM 74, interviewed on 10/14.
Excited to see y'all in the halls next year!! Congratulations. Y'all should be proud.IS A about an hour ago!! LM 71, interviewed on 10/16
Let me know if y'all have any questions. I'm an M1
(This also applies to anyone else who is accepted in the future here, hmu with questions!!!)
CorkDonkey5
Full Member
OOS A!!! Interviewed 10/8
Got my first A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/16 interview and call yesterday.
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
Is there anything we need to do to hold our spot?
FutureDoc2003
Full Member
I just got another update email. It was worded weird but I logged in and didn't see an II, so I guess I'm still waiting on them to get to my app.
+1 cycle update email gave me a heart attack
+1 heart attack
zigzagzinger
Full Member
OOS II today! Complete 8/5.
zyxwvuts54321
New Member
IS A today! Interviewed 10/23
mostlylurking
Full Member
Did they ever respond with a confirmation?I did not receive an email confirmation from admissions. In my portal it just says, 'thank you for confirming your interview'.
After about a week I reached out to admissions to confirm. I doubt you will get an email just fyi!
Any II here recently? Complete 8/6 still waiting
iamfavored
Full Member
Same complete 8/7 and haven’t heard anything.Any II here recently? Complete 8/6 still waiting
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lycheemango
New Member
Does UTHSC take post-II update letters and if so, where do they want us to send them?
curiouscat7
Full Member
Starting to get stressed with UT Memphis, IS and no interview yet
Same 😣 I wish they updated us with a entering class stats page like quillenStarting to get stressed with UT Memphis, IS and no interview yet
I was similarly stressed at this point of year last year, but I got my interview as an IS in February. It's a long cycle, and I'm pretty sure they interviewed through March or even April. Acceptances rolled in through the summer.Starting to get stressed with UT Memphis, IS and no interview yet
+1 IS II on Friday! Complete early Aug and LM 69
mostlylurking
Full Member
For the people who have interviewed, could yall please answer these questions/share y'all's experiences:
1. how long are the interviews? i saw above that one is 15 min and the other is 20-30 min, but that feels a bit short (meaning I may have to condense my answers, especially if I also want to ask some questions)
2. are the interviews conversational? or does it feel more scripted and pre-determined
Thanks!
1. how long are the interviews? i saw above that one is 15 min and the other is 20-30 min, but that feels a bit short (meaning I may have to condense my answers, especially if I also want to ask some questions)
2. are the interviews conversational? or does it feel more scripted and pre-determined
Thanks!
You get two interviews, each one is about 30 minutes long. One is more structured and the other is more relaxed. I was asked similar questions in both but neither one was very high-stress. I had plenty of time to ask all of my own questions as well 🙂For the people who have interviewed, could yall please answer these questions/share y'all's experiences:
1. how long are the interviews? i saw above that one is 15 min and the other is 20-30 min, but that feels a bit short (meaning I may have to condense my answers, especially if I also want to ask some questions)
2. are the interviews conversational? or does it feel more scripted and pre-determined
Thanks!
ColdbrewFanatic
Full Member
I think moonbow explained it well! My interview experience was very similar!
iamfavored
Full Member
Tennessee…where are the interviews 🙁
happy2Bhere:)
Full Member
+1 heart attack
GooshGoosh111
Amused Bystander
Update email. After weeks of only rejections, that was as refreshing as an ice bath.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lycheemango
New Member
was wondering if anyone else knew anything about this!Is there anything we need to do to hold our spot?
Last year there was just a 75$ fee to activate your email. There seems to be some changes with the whole process though so I would email to make sure.was wondering if anyone else knew anything about this!
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
I called the admissions office a few weeks ago, and they said there aren't any immediate steps we need to take. Here is more info: Acceptance Protocolwas wondering if anyone else knew anything about this!
Does UT tend to interview later in the cycle? It seems like they haven’t done very many yet
IS A just now LETS GOOOOOO! Interviewed on 12/3