2024-2025 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Remember to schedule your Casper exam.

OOS secondary received today

Question: This Personal Statement is different than the essay that had been submitted with your AACOMAS application. Although there is no specified length to this essay, please limit the length of this Personal Statement to the space available on this page. Please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received a secondary application and if so, when did you submit your primary?

I am wondering if I should reach out to TOURO Harlem and ask if they have received all of my application materials. Thank you!

I was verified on 06/27 and received my secondary application on the 1st of July.

Reactions: 1 user
Just a question for secondary as didn't get it yet. I think is basically the same as last years right? Does it still ask for this stuff "
1) Why Osteopathic Medicine? 2) Have you been exposed to a diverse environment and how did you contribute? 3) How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? 4) How were you influenced by a shadowing experience?"

Just a question for secondary as didn't get it yet. I think is basically the same as last years right? Does it still ask for this stuff "
1) Why Osteopathic Medicine? 2) Have you been exposed to a diverse environment and how did you contribute? 3) How have your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? 4) How were you influenced by a shadowing experience?"

if i remember correctly it didnt state those in the question, but i remembered seeing them before and tried to touch on 1-2 of them in my response

Their website seems to indicate that we need to take duet in addition to casper, am I misinterpreting them?

Their website seems to indicate that we need to take duet in addition to casper, am I misinterpreting them?
when you take casper they tell you constantly to take duet after, so yes you should take duet since it takes like10 minutes and not more

ok idk if anyone else encountered this but if you paste into the text box given in the downloaded doc they want you to reupload, it changes the formatting of the text to a smaller font than if you were to just type directly in the box. is this acceptable or do i stick with just typing my answer in ?

Members don't see this ad :)
What font and spacing is the Secondary? I am prewriting the essay rn i.e how space they recc for one to give?

What font and spacing is the Secondary? I am prewriting the essay rn i.e how space they recc for one to give?

i think when u download the document u have to submit through it automatically sets it up. i think the whole page fits about 2750 characters or something around that so i also used that as a guideline if that helps!

anyone know why they are charging $200 for their application fee?

anyone know why they are charging $200 for their application fee?
Thank god for the rewards points on my credit card or else I would not have had the courage to submit that $200 fee :rofl:

Does anyone elses portal say
Supplemental Application (Not Submitted)
Application StatusUnder Review (A)
What does this mean?? Why does it say not submitted if I submitted?

Does anyone elses portal say
Supplemental Application (Not Submitted)
Application StatusUnder Review (A)
What does this mean?? Why does it say not submitted if I submitted?
Mines been like that since the beginning. I don’t look at the (not submitted) since it says it’s under review

Is it okay to write a secondary specific to Touro COM Harlem rather than Touro COM as a whole?