You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hmm I wonder who has been getting these decisions
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
Thank you for posting this and letting us know!Per Le in regards to interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MDgirlie1118
Full Member
So is the first wave of acceptances over then? I’m so confused lol
SDN is a small world, but dang, really none of us got an acceptance yet?
Hmm I wonder who has been getting these decisions
So is the first wave of acceptances over then? I’m so confused lol
Her language use here is important and careful. “Decisions” also includes Rs…unfortunately, we have seen some of those go out over the past week.
SDN is a small world but I’d be shocked if they sent out As and no one here got one as that has never happened in any other cycle tracked on this forum ever; and, even lurkers create brand new accounts just to share their As and gain information.
Last edited:
D
deleted1061013
Seems like there’s a lot of conflicting information being told to different people. If I’m not mistaken, someone yesterday said she emailed them and told them decisions would be sent out this week or this coming week? Unless i misunderstood lol.Her language use here is important and careful. “Decisions” also includes Rs…unfortunately, we have seen some of those go out over the past week.
SDN is a small world but I’d be shocked if they sent out As and no one here got one as that has never happened in any other cycle tracked on this forum ever; and, even lurkers create brand new accounts just to share their As and gain information.
D
deleted1061013
This here.I emailed Le and she said that decisions will start going out over the next 3 weeks but since the medical school makes the decisions, she is unsure when in the next 3 weeks they may start. She also said by the second week of June, applicants will know whether or not they were accepted.
The wait continues.
Both of those posts are from the same poster. In one instance, they paraphrased what was said, and in the other instance, they screenshot what was said. I would lean towards the screenshot being more accurate as it is verbatim as opposed to the paraphrase which is the poster’s interpretation of what was said.This here.
For the most part, the paraphrase and the screenshot are pretty consistent. One response was sent prior to the conclusion of interviews and the other was sent after the conclusion of interviews (interviews seem to have concluded yesterday).
I work for a university and during busy times, when I’m getting essentially the same email over and over, I have a response I copy and paste with the most up-to-date accurate information I can release. It ensures all students at getting the same information (which is equitable) and that I don’t misspeak in a communication.
I don’t know Le personally but I assume she probably does something similar.
Hugiethegreat
New Member
The contact that I've had on file and been using has been Thelicia C. Hill, are you able to clarify as to who is this Le? Would she be another academic administrator in charge of admissions and would you be able to share her contact information?Per Le in regards to interviews.
Le is Thelicia Hill the academic administrator for DPMS. She just goes by the name Le.The contact that I've had on file and been using has been Thelicia C. Hill, are you able to clarify as to who is this Le? Would she be another academic administrator in charge of admissions and would you be able to share her contact information?
D
deleted1061013
Lol thank you for this.I just heard back from the CoM email that, as of today, the med school hasn't indicated that they are no longer sending out interview invites and that interviews are typically done by the end of the month. Seems like there might be another wave of interviews
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1188886
That’s so confusing that they are saying one thing and Le another.I just heard back from the CoM email that, as of today, the med school hasn't indicated that they are no longer sending out interview invites and that interviews are typically done by the end of the month. Seems like there might be another wave of interviews
Just had to be our year where things are even messier 😭
Med App
Full Member
Did not apply to others programs but I got an email for IHS acceptanceHas anyone who applied to other Drexel programs heard back yet?
DReamer.monkey
New Member
Submitted 4/11 and no II or R yet... still pending a decision. Last time I emailed, they responded on 5/21 with the following:For anyone who applied late/the day of the deadline, have you received an II/R? Or are you still pending a decision?
"Your application is still under consideration by the College of Medicine. At this time, Graduate Admissions does not have any further information regarding the decision timeline. The faculty review committee is actively working through the application pool and will be sending updates to applicants as they have them. Thank you for your continued patience throughout this process."
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
Got the same email. Really crossing my fingers for us in this situation and hoping for a last round of IIs extended to us !!!
Submitted 4/11 and no II or R yet... still pending a decision. Last time I emailed, they responded on 5/21 with the following:
"Your application is still under consideration by the College of Medicine. At this time, Graduate Admissions does not have any further information regarding the decision timeline. The faculty review committee is actively working through the application pool and will be sending updates to applicants as they have them. Thank you for your continued patience throughout this process."
doctorbae18
New Member
Sorry for delay in update! this what they saidPlease let us know what they say!
"Thank you for your interest in the DPMS program. Our decisions will not be going out before the May 17 deadline for the other program. I hope this information helps you make your decision."
I also have not received any updates since that 🙁(((
doctorbae18
New Member
MCAT: 494 GPA 3.6 and Science GPA: 3.4Those that got interviews do you mind sharing stats? Would appreciate it!
D
deleted1188886
Aw man, I’m sorry 🙁 were you able to get back to the other program you applied for?Sorry for delay in update! this what they said
"Thank you for your interest in the DPMS program. Our decisions will not be going out before the May 17 deadline for the other program. I hope this information helps you make your decision."
I also have not received any updates since that 🙁(((
doctorbae18
New Member
Yeah I accepted their offer!Aw man, I’m sorry 🙁 were you able to get back to the other program you applied for?
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
Any news from anyone today R? II? A? Emails? 🥺
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe some people received R's todayAny news from anyone today R? II? A? Emails? 🥺
Hey hey!Got the same email. Really crossing my fingers for us in this situation and hoping for a last round of IIs extended to us !!!
- I hope y'all are taking care of yourselves! Don't check this so much. Don't stress about speculation. Nobody knows what and when anything will happen. There seems to be a lot of moving pieces (23-24 DPMS students, 24-25 DPMS students, and 24-25 COM students). This timeline is stressful, but try to enjoy the day today- go outside!
- Also pending and applied on the deadline.
- Received an email from DPMS that COM is still reviewing pending apps for IIs. I hope this info reduces anxiety for those in this position. For those waiting on general decisions- soon.
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
Exactly what I needed to hear today! Been so stressed I want to cry lol. Really really appreciate this so much all the best to you ♥️♥️Hey hey!
Wishing you all the best!! ❤️
- I hope y'all are taking care of yourselves! Don't check this so much. Don't stress about speculation. Nobody knows what and when anything will happen. There seems to be a lot of moving pieces (23-24 DPMS students, 24-25 DPMS students, and 24-25 COM students). This timeline is stressful, but try to enjoy the day today- go outside!
- Also pending and applied on the deadline.
- Received an email from DPMS that COM is still reviewing pending apps for IIs. I hope this info reduces anxiety for those in this position. For those waiting on general decisions- soon.
Do something fun today/tonight! If you get that II, you'll want to be FRESH, not stressed. 🙂Exactly what I needed to hear today! Been so stressed I want to cry lol. Really really appreciate this so much all the best to you ♥️♥️
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
Thank you you too!! Hope you all have a good relaxing Memorial Day weekend 🌞Do something fun today/tonight! If you get that II, you'll want to be FRESH, not stressed. 🙂
Hey everyone, fellow DPMS alum and soon to be one of your TAs! I am excited for all of you and hopefully you'll get your offers very soon. I know it's been frustrating waiting, I do know after speaking with some of our own TAs that there is a bit of a backup on the med school side. Feel free to reach out either in DMs or here for questions! There's a few other TAs here lurking/reading this thread so hopefully they'll chime in soon as well. <3
Congratulations on completing DPMS and entering DUCOM! Was it hard to find housing in Philadelphia. Do you have any recommendations?Hey everyone, fellow DPMS alum and soon to be one of your TAs! I am excited for all of you and hopefully you'll get your offers very soon. I know it's been frustrating waiting, I do know after speaking with some of our own TAs that there is a bit of a backup on the med school side. Feel free to reach out either in DMs or here for questions! There's a few other TAs here lurking/reading this thread so hopefully they'll chime in soon as well. <3
LOL.Are there people who got less than a C in their pre-reqs?
DPMS alum here. I have been lurking in the thread just reading you guys stress about everything which of course is normal; however, I had to reply to this message... I have 5 F's on my undergraduate transcript and there are people in the class who were in a similar position. If you have an upward trend, have a good story, and get an II, just trust the process.
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
Just got the rejection 2 min ago! Best of luck to everyone and manifesting an A to those who interviewed! Will be lurking and praying for yall
Thank you!! I don't think it's hard if you're willing to live outside of university city/center city. It's extremely expensive in those locations and can be difficult to afford without roommates/lots of savings/help from family. Take a look at surrounding neighborhoods like East Falls, Manayunk, Roxborough, Drexel Hill, Germantown (not all of Germantown is totally safe but there's lots of good places), Upper Darby, Fishtown, and many others. Honestly, really you just want to avoid the heart of North Philly near Kensington Ave as its really not a safe place (a lot a lot of violent crime and heavy drug use). There are pockets of good spots in North Philly if you're willing to look hard enough.Congratulations on completing DPMS and entering DUCOM! Was it hard to find housing in Philadelphia. Do you have any recommendations?
A key factor is do you have a car? I strongly recommend if you have a car that you find a place that has parking. Street parking in Philly is an actual clown show mess and I hate it entirely (but I'm also jaded and got 2 parking tickets like my first few weeks lol)
Also be realistic with yourself about what you want. Your loans aren't a lot so you have to budget and plan to budget over 8 months instead of 6 months because the timelines of how loans get dispersed (especially for the spring semester because you get your dispersement in January and your next isn't until August when you matriculate)
Lol yeah I had an F, a W, and 5 C's but an upward trend. Definitely second this message to trust the process!LOL.
DPMS alum here. I have been lurking in the thread just reading you guys stress about everything which of course is normal; however, I had to reply to this message... I have 5 F's on my undergraduate transcript and there are people in the class who were in a similar position. If you have an upward trend, have a good story, and get an II, just trust the process.
D
deleted1167451
R via portal no email. Rip.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really thought decisions would come out today 🙁 it's nearly June and they said decisions would be out mid-May
D
deleted1061013
Soooo hoping we hear back about acceptances by the first week of June. Or is that being too optimistic? 🤞🏽😂
Hopefully there's some movement this coming week! There was a wave of A's for DUCOM yesterday, so let's see!Soooo hoping we hear back about acceptances by the first week of June. Or is that being too optimistic? 🤞🏽😂
D
deleted1061013
I thought the last day to commit to a school was in April for AMCAS? They still send acceptances after that or is this just for people who may have been on the WL? Can anyone explain the process?Hopefully there's some movement this coming week! There was a wave of A's for DUCOM yesterday, so let's see!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 102K
- Replies
- 564
- Views
- 91K
D