You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey there! I'm applying for this cycle and have also emailed the department some questions so I'll get back to you guys when I hear back from them!
For people interested in what I asked them:
1. If people are wrapping up pre-reqs this upcoming spring (which typically ends early May), would we still be able to apply and would we be considered or would we be immediately screened out.
2. For the requirements to matriculate, is the 3.2 GPA with no grade less than a C just for the program or do they also consider our undergraduate GPA and info.
Just emailed them yesterday and haven't heard back yet (tried calling them and they didn't pick up).
For people interested in what I asked them:
1. If people are wrapping up pre-reqs this upcoming spring (which typically ends early May), would we still be able to apply and would we be considered or would we be immediately screened out.
2. For the requirements to matriculate, is the 3.2 GPA with no grade less than a C just for the program or do they also consider our undergraduate GPA and info.
Just emailed them yesterday and haven't heard back yet (tried calling them and they didn't pick up).
Spoke to someone in the department who said:
1. 3.2 GPA requirement is only based on GPA during the program.
2. You can have in-progress courses and still be considered for this current cycle (i.e., you're finishing pre-reqs in the spring). He said that there were tons of applicants who started the program who had multiple in-progress courses listed on their application.
1. 3.2 GPA requirement is only based on GPA during the program.
2. You can have in-progress courses and still be considered for this current cycle (i.e., you're finishing pre-reqs in the spring). He said that there were tons of applicants who started the program who had multiple in-progress courses listed on their application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! where can I RSVP for this Session?Also reminder to RSVP for the virtual open house on Oct 14th!
Hi! where can I RSVP for this Session?
Graduate Virtual Open House
Learn about Drexel's on-campus and online graduate programs at our University-wide Graduate Open House.
You should be able to RSVP with this link!
Hi guys, currently a DPMS student this year, and I highly recommend trying to meet the target score of 499 and 123 on each section before applying. It will make your life so much easier.
D
deleted1176337
I’ve already taken the exam and scored a 505 with all subsections above the 25th percentile so that would me in the non-MCAT retake track if I were to get into the program!Hi! if applying for the fall 2024, have you guys already taken the MCAT? If not when on planning to take it? Also, any recommendation on how to prepare for the MCAT would also help🙂
As for recommendations, my biggest one is do practice problems! I also wish I started CARSs practice sooner because that’s the section I just never improved on any of my practice exams lol
D
deleted1176337
I’ve already taken the exam and scored a 505 with all subsections above the 25th percentile so that would me in the non-MCAT retake track if I were to get into the program!Hi! if applying for the fall 2024, have you guys already taken the MCAT? If not when on planning to take it? Also, any recommendation on how to prepare for the MCAT would also help🙂
As for recommendations, my biggest one is do practice problems! I also wish I started CARSs practice sooner because that’s the section I just never improved on any of my practice exams ool
Thank you so much!!I’ve already taken the exam and scored a 505 with all subsections above the 25th percentile so that would me in the non-MCAT retake track if I were to get into the program!
As for recommendations, my biggest one is do practice problems! I also wish I started CARSs practice sooner because that’s the section I just never improved on any of my practice exams lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don't start reviewing applications until FebruaryHas anyone interviewed yet ?
Hello,Thanks @Lalisaloveme ! If you're comfortable sharing, can I ask what your MCAT score was?
I scored 503 and got above 123 in each section.
Not yet! Although I do have everything prepared aside from the letters of rechey guys! did anybody already submit their application?
D
deleted1176337
For the disadvantaged essay, did you need to use the 5,300 characters? Planning to use my AMCAS one but the max is ~1,300 so wondering if I should fill it up more or leave as is, would love to know how others are doingNot yet! Although I do have everything prepared aside from the letters of rec
I took my AMCAS statement and expanded on it. The program is looking for disadvantaged and underrepresented applicants so I would suggest using all your characters.For the disadvantaged essay, did you need to use the 5,300 characters? Planning to use my AMCAS one but the max is ~1,300 so wondering if I should fill it up more or leave as is, would love to know how others are doing
D
deleted1176337
The website states that they don’t review applications until February and don’t start interviewing until April, I believe.did anyone get any interview invite yet
wow so late and the program begins summer --The website states that they don’t review applications until February and don’t start interviewing until April, I believe.
D
deleted1176337
Yeah, that's my biggest gripe about the timeline, it's too rushed. How are people supposed to pack up and move in the span of a month or two? How about those coming from further away? I wonder if past students ever mentioned this to admin.wow so late and the program begins summer --
It should be on their FAQ page but to answer your question, the MCAT requirement to be on the GPA only track is a 499 with at least a 123 on each section. I believe it's a masters in Biomedical sciences but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect.Hi! just wanted to know what is the MCAT requirement to matriculate and what is the cutoff score to be considered GPA only? Tried searching on the website but couldn't find that info
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm actually applying this cycle! Haven't applied before.thank you so much! did you end up matriculating in the program? if so, how is it going?
Good luck!I'm actually applying this cycle! Haven't applied before.
you too! We all got this 🙂Good luck!
Yep! You'll be in the GPA only track with that score.Yes we got this!!! I'm applying with a 500 MCAT lowest section is 124. hopefully this puts me in GPA only, b/c my undergrad GPA was trash.com.
Info Session happening now: The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies Post-Baccalaureate, Pre-Medical and Pre-Health Virtual Information Session
DPMS Application Fee is waived with attendance
DPMS Application Fee is waived with attendance
D
deleted1176337
Those applying this upcoming cycle and to DPMS, do you plan to use the same LOR or ask your letter writers for two separate letters? I want to ask my professors to write two separate letters for medical school and for DPMS just in case but don't know if that's too much to ask...
During the info session I asked if I could use my med school LORs (currently in the app cycle and applying to DPMS now) and they told me I could and that I don’t no need to ask for separate LORs.Those applying this upcoming cycle and to DPMS, do you plan to use the same LOR or ask your letter writers for two separate letters? I want to ask my professors to write two separate letters for medical school and for DPMS just in case but don't know if that's too much to ask...
D
deleted1176337
Right now still working on my application, hoping to submit by ending of February, spring break at the latest!
D
deleted1176337
What other post-bacc or SMP's are you guys applying to?
How long does it take for an application to be marked complete? My school sent my committee letter the other day but still got an email that it's missing. Thanks!
took like a week for my committee letter to process by the office/ marked complete..How long does it take for an application to be marked complete? My school sent my committee letter the other day but still got an email that it's missing. Thanks!
edit:
Submitted app materials: 12/03
App complete: 12/11
Last edited:
I applied to RFU's Pre-Matriculation program and EVMS Med MS as wellWhat other post-bacc or SMP's are you guys applying to?
futureblkdoc
Full Member
I have a question regarding the professional experience portions. Did yall just dump every experience you had like on the amcas app ie.) clubs, volunteer or did you soley put job experience like scribing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's no scholarships available right if we get in?
premed-dodo
Full Member
Isn't this for the cycle of 2023-2024? If we get in, we would start in Fall 2024, right?
Anyone know how competitive this program is? My application should be complete this week (assuming it takes about 1 week for recommendation letters to be completed).
Anyone know how competitive this program is? My application should be complete this week (assuming it takes about 1 week for recommendation letters to be completed).
Nope this is 2024-2025 —start the program summer 2024 and finish May 2025Isn't this for the cycle of 2023-2024? If we get in, we would start in Fall 2024, right?
Anyone know how competitive this program is? My application should be complete this week (assuming it takes about 1 week for recommendation letters to be completed).
premed-dodo
Full Member
Thanks! Has anyone heard back for interviews yet?
EDIT: Attended the information session. Applicant screening starts this month. Interviews are extended in March all the way to May. Offers extended in May. This is NOT rolling admissions.
EDIT: Attended the information session. Applicant screening starts this month. Interviews are extended in March all the way to May. Offers extended in May. This is NOT rolling admissions.
Last edited:
D
deleted1176337
I did it similar to the AMCAS activities sections, I included all experiences whether they were extra-curricular, volunteer, or paidI have a question regarding the professional experience portions. Did yall just dump every experience you had like on the amcas app ie.) clubs, volunteer or did you soley put job experience like scribing
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 102K
- Replies
- 564
- Views
- 91K
D