2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOB98

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I wanted to get this thread going for the new application cycle. Hope to hear from everyone soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey there! I'm applying for this cycle and have also emailed the department some questions so I'll get back to you guys when I hear back from them!

For people interested in what I asked them:
1. If people are wrapping up pre-reqs this upcoming spring (which typically ends early May), would we still be able to apply and would we be considered or would we be immediately screened out.

2. For the requirements to matriculate, is the 3.2 GPA with no grade less than a C just for the program or do they also consider our undergraduate GPA and info.

Just emailed them yesterday and haven't heard back yet (tried calling them and they didn't pick up).

Spoke to someone in the department who said:
1. 3.2 GPA requirement is only based on GPA during the program.
2. You can have in-progress courses and still be considered for this current cycle (i.e., you're finishing pre-reqs in the spring). He said that there were tons of applicants who started the program who had multiple in-progress courses listed on their application.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also reminder to RSVP for the virtual open house on Oct 14th!

Hi! where can I RSVP for this Session?

You should be able to RSVP with this link!

Hi! if applying for the fall 2024, have you guys already taken the MCAT? If not when on planning to take it? Also, any recommendation on how to prepare for the MCAT would also help:)

Planning on taking the mcat in January! I've been hitting my target score consistently on FL's so i'm feeling pretty good! Been doing BP FL's/AAMC FL's, UWorld, and Anki with a significant jump between my first few tests and my most recent ones.

Application is open!

Hi guys, currently a DPMS student this year, and I highly recommend trying to meet the target score of 499 and 123 on each section before applying. It will make your life so much easier.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! if applying for the fall 2024, have you guys already taken the MCAT? If not when on planning to take it? Also, any recommendation on how to prepare for the MCAT would also help:)
I’ve already taken the exam and scored a 505 with all subsections above the 25th percentile so that would me in the non-MCAT retake track if I were to get into the program!

As for recommendations, my biggest one is do practice problems! I also wish I started CARSs practice sooner because that’s the section I just never improved on any of my practice exams lol

I’ve already taken the exam and scored a 505 with all subsections above the 25th percentile so that would me in the non-MCAT retake track if I were to get into the program!

As for recommendations, my biggest one is do practice problems! I also wish I started CARSs practice sooner because that’s the section I just never improved on any of my practice exams ool

Members don't see this ad :)

As for recommendations, my biggest one is do practice problems! I also wish I started CARSs practice sooner because that’s the section I just never improved on any of my practice exams lol
Thank you so much!!

Congratulations on your score!

hey guys! did anybody already submit their application?

Not yet! Although I do have everything prepared aside from the letters of rec
For the disadvantaged essay, did you need to use the 5,300 characters? Planning to use my AMCAS one but the max is ~1,300 so wondering if I should fill it up more or leave as is, would love to know how others are doing

For the disadvantaged essay, did you need to use the 5,300 characters? Planning to use my AMCAS one but the max is ~1,300 so wondering if I should fill it up more or leave as is, would love to know how others are doing
I took my AMCAS statement and expanded on it. The program is looking for disadvantaged and underrepresented applicants so I would suggest using all your characters.

The website states that they don’t review applications until February and don’t start interviewing until April, I believe.
wow so late and the program begins summer --

wow so late and the program begins summer --
Yeah, that's my biggest gripe about the timeline, it's too rushed. How are people supposed to pack up and move in the span of a month or two? How about those coming from further away? I wonder if past students ever mentioned this to admin.

Hi! just wanted to know what is the MCAT requirement to matriculate and what is the cutoff score to be considered GPA only? Tried searching on the website but couldn't find that info

Also, what MS degree is granted to students at the end of the program? Is it a Masters in Biomedical Sciences or Medical Sciences degree?

Hi! just wanted to know what is the MCAT requirement to matriculate and what is the cutoff score to be considered GPA only? Tried searching on the website but couldn't find that info
It should be on their FAQ page but to answer your question, the MCAT requirement to be on the GPA only track is a 499 with at least a 123 on each section. I believe it's a masters in Biomedical sciences but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect.

thank you so much! did you end up matriculating in the program? if so, how is it going?

Yes we got this!!! I'm applying with a 500 MCAT lowest section is 124. hopefully this puts me in GPA only, b/c my undergrad GPA was trash.com.
Yep! You'll be in the GPA only track with that score.

Those applying this upcoming cycle and to DPMS, do you plan to use the same LOR or ask your letter writers for two separate letters? I want to ask my professors to write two separate letters for medical school and for DPMS just in case but don't know if that's too much to ask...

Those applying this upcoming cycle and to DPMS, do you plan to use the same LOR or ask your letter writers for two separate letters? I want to ask my professors to write two separate letters for medical school and for DPMS just in case but don't know if that's too much to ask...
During the info session I asked if I could use my med school LORs (currently in the app cycle and applying to DPMS now) and they told me I could and that I don’t no need to ask for separate LORs.

Application complete 12/11 (and now the waiting begins...)

Right now still working on my application, hoping to submit by ending of February, spring break at the latest!

How long does it take for an application to be marked complete? My school sent my committee letter the other day but still got an email that it's missing. Thanks!

How long does it take for an application to be marked complete? My school sent my committee letter the other day but still got an email that it's missing. Thanks!
took like a week for my committee letter to process by the office/ marked complete..

edit:
Submitted app materials: 12/03
App complete: 12/11

Last edited:
I have a question regarding the professional experience portions. Did yall just dump every experience you had like on the amcas app ie.) clubs, volunteer or did you soley put job experience like scribing

Isn't this for the cycle of 2023-2024? If we get in, we would start in Fall 2024, right?

Anyone know how competitive this program is? My application should be complete this week (assuming it takes about 1 week for recommendation letters to be completed).

Isn't this for the cycle of 2023-2024? If we get in, we would start in Fall 2024, right?

Anyone know how competitive this program is? My application should be complete this week (assuming it takes about 1 week for recommendation letters to be completed).
Nope this is 2024-2025 —start the program summer 2024 and finish May 2025

Thanks! Has anyone heard back for interviews yet?

EDIT: Attended the information session. Applicant screening starts this month. Interviews are extended in March all the way to May. Offers extended in May. This is NOT rolling admissions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I have a question regarding the professional experience portions. Did yall just dump every experience you had like on the amcas app ie.) clubs, volunteer or did you soley put job experience like scribing
I did it similar to the AMCAS activities sections, I included all experiences whether they were extra-curricular, volunteer, or paid