2025-2026 UT Rio Grande Valley

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So are you saying a letter of intent would not make a difference for Texas residents?? Wouldnt they be more likely to rank applicants who sent one higher?
If you want to feel like you have done everything you can, go ahead & write a brief letter. This school does accept them, a few of the other TMDSAS schools do not
 
If you want to feel like you have done everything you can, go ahead & write a brief letter. This school does accept them, a few of the other TMDSAS schools do not
If I already sent a letter of interest but have now decided this is my top choice school should I send a letter of intent to basically notify them of this change? Thank you so much for answering by the way!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II (part I Group Interview) received today. Completed secondary 6/07
6 7 Tk GIF by Overtime
 
Hello! I was told to submit FAFSA to schools I interviewed at as soon as I could so I did. I've been getting emails from UTRGV saying that they cannot do anything my FAFSA until I've been accepted and left instructions to apply. It makes sense, just wondering if anyone else has gotten this email mutliple times?
 
Hello! I was told to submit FAFSA to schools I interviewed at as soon as I could so I did. I've been getting emails from UTRGV saying that they cannot do anything my FAFSA until I've been accepted and left instructions to apply. It makes sense, just wondering if anyone else has gotten this email mutliple times?
Yes, I’ve been getting the same emails. I tried calling them, but they haven’t picked up yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I matched at my number 1 but received an email this morning from UTRGV that i was placed on the waitlist. should i contact the adcoms to let them know what happened? bc to my understanding my application should no longer be considered at this school and i would hate to take an actual spot on the WL
 
I matched at my number 1 but received an email this morning from UTRGV that i was placed on the waitlist. should i contact the adcoms to let them know what happened? bc to my understanding my application should no longer be considered at this school and i would hate to take an actual spot on the WL
This is an error so notify TMDSAS in your portal that it happened, so they can check in with UTRGV

Send a polite email reply to UTRGV saying you are happy with your current school and will turn down a place on their WL.
 
I matched at my number 1 but received an email this morning from UTRGV that i was placed on the waitlist. should i contact the adcoms to let them know what happened? bc to my understanding my application should no longer be considered at this school and i would hate to take an actual spot on the WL
Just go to the school portal and opt out of the waitlist
 
I matched at my number 1 but received an email this morning from UTRGV that i was placed on the waitlist. should i contact the adcoms to let them know what happened? bc to my understanding my application should no longer be considered at this school and i would hate to take an actual spot on the WL
Same exact thing happened to me! I matched at my #1 but then got a waitlist notification from RGV. I just messaged TMDSAS
 
I doubt there will be much waitlist movement this year because UTRGV starts in June, one of the very few schools where students can get grandfathered into Graduate PLUS student loans.
In the past they usually take about half of their class from the WL— so even if that decreased by half it would still be around 10-12 off the wl which is pretty good for a class of 55
 
In the past they usually take about half of their class from the WL— so even if that decreased by half it would still be around 10-12 off the wl which is pretty good for a class of 55
Thats surprising! Where did you get this info from? I saw someone else say they take 0-5 people from the WL. I know MSAR says 25 but I thought people said that wasnt reliable?
 
Thats surprising! Where did you get this info from? I saw someone else say they take 0-5 people from the WL. I know MSAR says 25 but I thought people said that wasnt reliable?
It’s all news by word of mouth because the school doesn’t publish official numbers.
 
@breadmed or any other current UTRGV students, if you have access to a complete residency match list for 2026, please send it to me in a DM so I can post it on our Match List thread. I saw the Match Day video but not everyone shared their news and I heard that at least 50 matched.
Thank you, wysdoc
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad