2025-2026 UT Tyler

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have insights on the MMI for this school? I have never done this type of interview and would appreciate any advice🙂
 
I'm TERRIFIED. A friend of mine submitted their secondary on the same day as me and already received a pre-II rejection a week or two ago. I have yet to hear anything from them, but I know their interview season is coming to an abrupt end soon.
I guess, for now, no news is good news.
 
I'm TERRIFIED. A friend of mine submitted their secondary on the same day as me and already received a pre-II rejection a week or two ago. I have yet to hear anything from them, but I know their interview season is coming to an abrupt end soon.
I guess, for now, no news is good news.
Some schools will set aside who they want to interview and then do a mass email. Keep you head up your still in it!
 
Are yall updating grades for the this fall? or are they due when/if accepted? Will posting them either hurt/help an admissions committee decision? @current students at UT Tyler or anyone that might have insight into this?
 
Are yall updating grades for the this fall? or are they due when/if accepted? Will posting them either hurt/help an admissions committee decision? @current students at UT Tyler or anyone that might have insight into this?
Update your grades on your application if you’ve received them already
 
Does everyone receive that postcard after interviewing? "wish you the best with your medical school journey" sounds like I am getting rejected lol....maybe not the case but I thought it was funny
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does everyone receive that postcard after interviewing? "wish you the best with your medical school journey" sounds like I am getting rejected lol....maybe not the case but I thought it was funny
I interviewed in July and received it in August before prematches even came out.
 
No need to worry, I got prematched and still received the same letter. So safe to assume it has no bearing on your application.
 
Does anyone know the possibility of getting a pre-match offer on the second date if you interviewed in that first batch back in like September? Or if they match most students on the actual match day?
 
Does anyone know the possibility of getting a pre-match offer on the second date if you interviewed in that first batch back in like September? Or if they match most students on the actual match day?
Yes, you still could be considered.
I have not heard anything about whether they plan to make more prematch offers, or might just fill their class via matching with people who like them well enough to rank their school very high.
 
Yes, you still could be considered.
I have not heard anything about whether they plan to make more prematch offers, or might just fill their class via matching with people who like them well enough to rank their school very high.
On my interview day they said they likely offer prematches for all 40 spots. And they have a set prematch day, I think the 19th, on which the next wave will come out.
 
On my interview day they said they likely offer prematches for all 40 spots. And they have a set prematch day, I think the 19th, on which the next wave will come out.
Thanks for confirming that - it was what they said on their very first app cycle, but I was not sure whether it continued to be their game plan because things can change.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed almost two weeks ago now, and TMDSAS still isn’t showing them as a possible school to rank. I know there can be a time delay, and they’re transitioning to the new campus and with the holidays may be backed up. Would I be fine to wait til after the holidays to reach out to them?
 
I interviewed almost two weeks ago now, and TMDSAS still isn’t showing them as a possible school to rank. I know there can be a time delay, and they’re transitioning to the new campus and with the holidays may be backed up. Would I be fine to wait til after the holidays to reach out to them?
Yes, send your email the first week of January and all you have to say is "Would you please update my status in your school portal so I can rank UT Tyler for Match?"
 
Someone said prematch was January 7th
This is what they told us after my interview in November! They also said that prematch would be before the second look day. The invitation says second look is the 16th.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4103.jpeg
    IMG_4103.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 247
I interviewed in December and they stated prematch would be January 19th and Second Look would be January 16th. The website says January 19th (subject to change without notice).
 
I also interviewed in December and they stated 1/21 lol. Dates really are varying.
They stated the faculty would start moving to the new campus on Dec 22 and then the current students would transition at the start of the new year. I wonder if that may have contributed to the variation in dates.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They stated the faculty would start moving to the new campus on Dec 22 and then the current students would transition at the start of the new year. I wonder if that may have contributed to the variation in dates.
It is either new building construction related or ad com's ability to meet. What is crazy is the first floor of the new building still looks like a construction zone. Although the above floors seem more complete, the site in general still looks like a very active construction zone. Perhaps they strategically blocked off parts of the build though.
 
It is either new building construction related or ad com's ability to meet. What is crazy is the first floor of the new building still looks like a construction zone. Although the above floors seem more complete, the site in general still looks like a very active construction zone. Perhaps they strategically blocked off parts of the build though.
Interesting. I think that’s possible. I remember them saying only half of the building would be readily available to the students.
 
Did anyone hear anything at all today? I interviewed in October and they def said January 7th. I know website says Jan 19th but that seems weird because that’s MLK day.
 
Hi guys! I don't know much from the admissions side, but here's a quick general update with what's going on up here. 🙂 We (students and faculty) are in the process of moving right now to the new building (EEK!). MS1s start classes in new building on Monday (SO EXCITING SO FRESH SO NEW), but it's still closed to visitors for now until the grand opening around April. The building is still an active construction zone, and admissions recently moved, so everyone is getting adjusted to all the new changes and unpacking, etc.

Sorry that the move is impacting your cycle. Y'all (the incoming class) are always in the back of our minds! We're all very excited. I wish y'all the best!
 
Last edited: