3.2 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bung001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone gotten into pharmacy school with a 3.2 overall gpa?? please respond!

Thankyouu

Members don't see this ad.

yes and some even lower.

bung001 said:
Hi, has anyone gotten into pharmacy school with a 3.2 overall gpa?? please respond!

Thankyouu

Plenty of people, worry about other things than a 3.2.

Members don't see this ad :)
savvysearch said:
Plenty of people, worry about other things than a 3.2.

Wow.. really? what are the "plenty of other things?"

bung001 said:
Wow.. really? what are the "plenty of other things?"

Here are few things you need to consider:

- Get a good, competitive PCAT score, such as greater than 80 percentile composite.

- Repeat those C's grades, if permissible.

- Extracurricular activities: volunteer, join the professional association, such as APhA, ....

- Get Pharmacy Technician Certificate.

Good luck.

3.2 here. 93 PCAT. Bachelor of Arts. Three years pharm tech experience (not nationally certified). Starting pharmacy school in 2 weeks. Find some way to sell yourself. You can do it.

3.0, no pharm experience, 98 pcat.
i got in.

dabumba said:
Here are few things you need to consider:

- Get a good, competitive PCAT score, such as greater than 80 percentile composite.

- Repeat those C's grades, if permissible.

- Extracurricular activities: volunteer, join the professional association, such as APhA, ....

- Get Pharmacy Technician Certificate.

Good luck.

when you say extracurriculars, do you think a sport would count at all?
i also have a research project for next semester.

UVaWahoo said:
3.0, no pharm experience, 98 pcat.
i got in.

What pharmacy school did you apply to?

i got into VCU and South

UVaWahoo said:
i got into VCU and South

I had a 3.1 overall and a 93 PCAT, National cert. year's experience as a retail tech. I was waitlisted at PBA and got in at Texas Tech (though I had a 3.35 prereq GPA which is what they look at)

I also had quite a few extracirriculars like Rugby, Intrmurals, leadership program, stuff like that

Jbuprepharm said:
I had a 3.1 overall and a 93 PCAT, National cert. year's experience as a retail tech. I was waitlisted at PBA and got in at Texas Tech (though I had a 3.35 prereq GPA which is what they look at)

I also had quite a few extracirriculars like Rugby, Intrmurals, leadership program, stuff like that

Hi, I am a rising senior interested in pharmacy, but don;t know what aspect i want. I was considering getting a pharmD/phD program. But does that make sense? Help me im confused :(

I love post like these! it gives me lots of hope!!!!!

But then again......the people that know of people who got in with these stats, they weren't like 2-5 years ago right? Because the averages bump up fast.

Jbuprepharm, UVAWahoo, and I all got in this cycle...I don't know what the average GPA/PCAT was for their schools, but for UAMS it was a 3.57 and a 79. So, people get in with stats that are above that and below the averages.

I got in with a 3.27. From Community College. No extra crap in school or voluntaring out of school. But I can slick talk my way into anything because I come from a family of exceedingly shady people, so I got a good interview score. When asked about other activities, I realized playing video games and girls weren't good options, so I told them I was a philosopher and had developed a philosophy called existential stoicism (I really did...) For some reason this impressed them and I got, like, a 29.5/30 or something.

Rxbound said:
Jbuprepharm, UVAWahoo, and I all got in this cycle...I don't know what the average GPA/PCAT was for their schools, but for UAMS it was a 3.57 and a 79. So, people get in with stats that are above that and below the averages.

I don't know what this year's stats are yet, but last years were: 3.72gpa and 79PCAT. those are the highest so far at the school in an increasingly upward trend, so this year's will likely be as high or higher (though it will probably have to plateau at some point) so my PCAT is likely well above average, while my GPA is considerably below