3.45 cGPA, 3.38 sGPA, 507 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myhero829

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Michigan resident, will be graduating from Wayne State University this Fall. ORM.

cGPA: 3.45
sGPA: 3.38
(Upward trend: 3.3 freshman to 3.7 senior. Also, I have an F on my transcript from a computer science class I took as a dual enrollment class during my junior year of high school back in 2014, that F alone lowered my cumulative from a 3.55 to a 3.45)

MCAT (Score just came in today): 507 (127,123,129,128)

Extracurricular Activities (Most of them):
  • Detroit Varsity Football team head coach (3 seasons, 850 hours, founding coach of new program)
  • Volunteer Varsity Football assistant coach at the high school I graduated from (1 season, 100 hours)
  • Emergency department medical scribe (1020 hours)
  • ED Medical Scribe trainer (120 hours)
  • Molecular Microbiology research lab assistant (2 semesters, 200 hours, ongoing, was scheduled for a presentation before schools shut down due to COVID)
  • Emergency department clinical research assistant (70 hours)
  • Event coordinator of a student led Detroit volunteer organization (80 hours, ongoing)
  • Volunteer member of a now disbanded Syrian refugee relief and aid organization (120 hours)
Strong writing, PS and activities were reviewed by physicians, medical students, professional writers, etc. My writing has a theme centered towards serving underserved communities.

Strong LOR's from ED Physican (Head of research dept as well), ED Chief resident (Both physicians graduated from MSUCOM), research lab PI/ science instructor, Athletic Director/Dean of Student Affairs at the high school I coached for), 1 other science professor, and 1 nonscience professor.

I submitted my AAMC application about a week ago. I didn't have my MCAT score at the time but nonetheless, I applied to the following MD schools:

MSUCHM
Wayne State University
Central Michigan
Oakland University
University of Michigan
Western Michigan
University of Toledo (Trying my best to stay near home and this isn't too far of a drive)

I have yet to submit my AACOMAS application (waiting on fee assistance program approval, decision should be made in the next few days). However, the current schools on my DO list are as follows:

MSUCOM
LECOM
Chicago Midwestern
Kansas University
Marian University
Lincoln Memorial - Debusk
U Pikeville
Nova Southeastern
NYIT
Touro

What MD and DO schools should I add to my application?

Members don't see this ad.

You could add these MD schools:
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Creighton
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall