You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
3.4cGPA 3.7 sGPA 501 MCAT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@Faha @Goro really nervous about my chances because of cars. maybe you have some good news? give it to me straight please...
When are you planning to apply ? Where is your state of residence ? Are you URM ? Is Spanish your native language ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When are you planning to apply ? Where is your state of residence ? Are you URM ? Is Spanish your native language ?
ORM, New York, next cycle, Russian was my first language ( 1st generation US citizen of immigrant parents ).
You should receive interviews at DO schools with your MCAT and I suggest applying to all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
LECOM (all schools)
If you increase your CARS score to 125 and your overall MCAT to 508 you could receive interviews at MD schools. Post your new score here in the future.
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
LECOM (all schools)
If you increase your CARS score to 125 and your overall MCAT to 508 you could receive interviews at MD schools. Post your new score here in the future.
You should receive interviews at DO schools with your MCAT and I suggest applying to all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
LECOM (all schools)
If you increase your CARS score to 125 and your overall MCAT to 508 you could receive interviews at MD schools. Post your new score here in the future.
Thank you so much, I hope to not get auto-screened with that cars. I'll try to prepare harder for CARS this time around and study psych/soc a little more and retake in either january or march.
Is there anything I could add to my application in order to improve it?
Does anyone know of any prep courses for cars?
Your EC's are good. CARS is difficult to improve if English is not your native language. Many practice questions may help and you could also improve you psych.soc score with more studying.
Your EC's are good. CARS is difficult to improve if English is not your native language. Many practice questions may help and you could also improve you psych.soc score with more studying.
Thank you so much for the advice. You think I should still get interviews even with that red flag subsection?
Yes.Thank you so much for the advice. You think I should still get interviews even with that red flag subsection?
YesThank you so much for the advice. You think I should still get interviews even with that red flag subsection?
any chance i could apply to an MD school, or does that 121 cars bar me out completely?
Not with a MCAT score of 501. Concentrate on a DO application.any chance i could apply to an MD school, or does that 121 cars bar me out completely?
Not with a MCAT score of 501. Concentrate on a DO application.
Sorry for so many questions,
Would I be DOA at your school or @Goro ?
Can't answer for Faha, but my Dean likes high MCATs.Sorry for so many questions,
Would I be DOA at your school or @Goro ?
I like Faha's list, but can't recommend WCU or LUCOM.
What about MSUCOM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have a strong preference for Michigan residents. Over 90% of the students are from Michigan.What about MSUCOM?