This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizarddoc2213

I am Beyonce, always.
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am in the process in narrowing down my school list and need some advice. Before I list my schools, here's a quick overview of my stats:

1. 3.65cGPA/3.6sGPA (Biology major with chemistry minor, GPA will most likely increase by the time I apply in June)
  2. MCAT= 511 (86th percentile). Breakdown of 127/127/129/128
  3. Pennsylvania resident, but I'll be working in CA over the summer at John's Hopkins CTY
  4. White female
  5. Undergrad school= Forbes Top 50 school, Forbes Top 30 Liberal Arts Universities
  6. 1450 hrs of clinical experience (ER tech, lots of shadowing, JHUCTY Health Assistant), ~300 clinical volunteering (at hospital and dementia ward)
  7. Honors Thesis in Chemistry, and over 250hrs of clinical research experience
  8. Shadowed cardiology(outpatient, inpatient, surgery), OBGYN (outpatient and surgery), neonatology, pathology, family medicine (inpatient and outpatient), emergency medicine
  9. Non-clinical volunteering= mentored low income/high risk teens
  10. Other extracurricular activities = 2 years Varsity XC/Track, teaching assistant, on the executive board for three clubs
  11. Dean’s List; Women’s Cross Country Academic Honors for High GPA; NCAA Division I League Cross Country Rookie of the Year; NCAA Division I Women’s Cross Country All-League Honors, Henrietta S. Treen Scholarship Recipient

Here is my school list so far:
1. Temple
2. Drexel
3. USF SELECT (connections here)
4. Jefferson
5. Commonwealth
6. Georgetown
7. George Washington
8. Dartmouth
9. Penn State
10. Wake Forest
11. Creighton
12. Tufts
13. Boston
14. Tulane
15. Loyola-Stitch
16. USC Keck
17. New York Medical
18. ...
19. ...
20. ...

Ideally I'd like to apply to 20 schools.
I am also looking at Rochester, Hofstra, Vermont, Einstein, Albany, Oakland Beaumont, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Eastern Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth, UMiami, and St. Louis....

Out of those schools listed above, which 3 do you recommend adding to my list? And are there any that I should remove? I am afraid that my current list is too top heavy...

Thanks for the help in advance!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Boston, Tufts and USC are reaches with your stats. Instead add Quinnipiac, Oakland Beaumont, Rosalind Franklin, Vermont and St. Louis.

Reactions: 1 user
Boston, Tufts and USC are reaches with your stats. Instead add Quinnipiac, Oakland Beaumont, Rosalind Franklin, Vermont and St. Louis.

Thanks! Any reason why you chose those schools as opposed to Rush, Hofstra, Einstein, Albany, Rochester, UMiami, Virginia Commonwealth, and Eastern Virginia?

Thanks! Any reason why you chose those schools as opposed to Rush, Hofstra, Einstein, Albany, Rochester, UMiami, Virginia Commonwealth, and Eastern Virginia?
Eastern Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth, Miami give instate resident preference. You could try the others but you indicated you wish to apply to 20 schools.