3.65 cum 3.58 sci retook mcat twice retaking a third time. What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shayshay11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I am a white female and a Florida resident who has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I am taking my mcat a week from now and expect to apply to all florida schools. I would like a 510 as I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505. Also, I dropped the course genetics and got a C+ in orgo.
- 500 hours research with two surgeons with a pending publication
- A year of volunteer work with homeless shelter
- No extracurriculars
- Server for 2 years
- Assistant Manager at Dairy Queen for a year
- Shadowed two surgeons and a gastroenterologist
Do I have any shot at any florida schools???

Members don't see this ad.

You need to get a good MCAT score. Do not take the test if you aren't certain of this.
One more bad score could finish you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you score a 510 on your upcoming MCAT, then your average for the three exams would be 500. Coupled with your decent GPAs, that could get you some interviews if you applied broadly to DO schools. But don't take the exam until you have consistently been scoring well on practice exams, especially since you already have two low scores. Also, do you have any patient-contact / clinical volunteering? If you don't, I would suggest a couple hundreds worth.

Reactions: 1 user
If you score a 510 on your upcoming MCAT, then your average for the three exams would be 500. Coupled with your decent GPAs, that could get you some interviews if you applied broadly to DO schools. But don't take the exam until you have consistently been scoring well on practice exams, especially since you already have two low scores. Also, do you have any patient-contact / clinical volunteering? If you don't, I would suggest a couple hundreds worth.
How would I go about finding out if Florida schools average mcat scores, and I just landed a job as a scribe that starts right after I take my mcat!!!

How would I go about finding out if Florida schools average mcat scores, and I just landed a job as a scribe that starts right after I take my mcat!!!

Most schools do not average. Just take the most recent. They see all of your scores though.

You can try contacting the schools, and ask them about their multiple MCAT policy. Just remember that regardless of the school policy, each evaluator is prone to their own individual interpretation. What happens behind closed doors is different than what is given at face value because schools don't want to restrict themselves to any one policy. Try to score your best, and take it when you are ready.

Reactions: 2 users