3.9 cGPA/3.8 sGPA/29 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mayo33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! So I'm already pretty deep in the application cycle- meaning that all my secondaries are in (EXCEPT FOR ONE- I'M LOOKING AT YOU, HOWARD) and I've already received some interviews. I applied to 33 MD programs and 7 DOs. I'm primarily curious about where I stack up for MD programs.

My MCAT breakdown is: PS 10/BS 10/V 10, so it's low but balanced.
I've received IIs from 3 DO and 1 MD so far (LECOM-E, LECOM-B, UNECOM= DO, WVU= MD), but I was just complete in late Aug/early Sept (thanks to a late committee letter thanks to my school -_-) so I'm hanging out. I've been put on hold at Albany and GWU, and rejected at Meharry and Rosalind. I was WL post-interview at both LECOMs (which was at first very surprising).

I'm pretty proud of my ECs. 2.5ish years of lab research, >1000 hrs of shadowing, >100 hours of completed volunteering (but I'm currently in AmeriCorps so I've mentioned in almost all of my secondaries that, by July 2016, I'll have a combined total of >1800 hours of volunteering), 1 year as a student justice on my campus's SJP board, 1 year as VP of a mental health org on campus, 2 years TAing for orgo and a physio class, 2 years as a peer advisor in my campus's advising office. I'm Phi Beta Kappa too.

Schools I'm still waiting on:
MD:
UBuffalo
NYMC
UMaryland (state school!)
Hopkins
VCU
Eastern Virginia
VTech
Oakland-B
UAlabama
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
Howard
Morehouse
PennState
Loyola
Tufts
Rush
ULouiseville
WesternMI
Wayne State
Creighton
Commonwealth
Drexel
Jefferson
Temple
MCW

DO:
Rowan
PCOM-PA
PCOM-GA
OHU-COM

What do you guys think about the schools I'm waiting on? I'm hopeful, but realistic haha

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You have a shot at any DO school you applied to and the following MD programs.
MD:
NYMC
VCU
Eastern Virginia
Oakland-B
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
PennState
Loyola
Tufts
Rush
WesternMI
Creighton
Commonwealth
Drexel
Jefferson
Temple
MCW

Your odds will be lowest at the low yield schools on this list and those where your MCAT is <average. These include Temple, Jefferson, Drexel, TCMC, Western Michigan, Tufts, Georgetown

A good number of those schools will appreciate the donations you gave them in the form of your app fees. Add some more DO schools to the list. it's not too late.

You should have decent chances for

NYMC
VCU
Eastern Virginia
VTech
Oakland-B
Quinnipiac
PennState
Loyola
Tufts
Rush
WesternMI
Creighton
Drexel
Jefferson
Temple
MCW

DO:
Rowan
PCOM-PA
PCOM-GA
OHU-COM

Only apply to Alabama OOS if you have gone to Alabama or Auburn for your undergrad. Like @Goro said, they'll appreciate the donation otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user