3.9 cGPA, low MCAT, non-traditional - Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dani.cardio

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting on here, so please bear with me. I recently graduated (June 2016) from a 5-year BSc program that includes co-op (i.e. every year after first year we work at places related to our field for 4-8 months; I worked as a clinical research assistant at 3 research/innovation intensive hospitals and one university). My cGPA is a 3.89, with an upward trend (final year was 3.9). During my undergrad I was president of a club that organizes medical brigade/volunteer trips (4 years) & I coach soccer throughout the year. I started a graduate program (MSc.) this September and by the end I should have at least 4 publications and hopefully authorship on a validated clinical tool.

I wrote my MCAT for the first time in September. Unfortunately I got a 504. I'm Canadian so I know haven't made the cut off for most medical schools. I'm wondering what my chances are for US medical schools (MD preferred)? Or should I just re-write the MCAT and hope for the best?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.