3.9 GPA, 504 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PikaPowers

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am hoping to receive advice concerning my chances for MD school.

3.9 GPA (both science and cumulative)
504 MCAT

I have many EC, including volunteering and shadowing pediatrics in a hospital. I also have an internship at a hospital now. With other volunteer work, I tutor at my local library and teach English to overseas students from many countries. I am a TA at my university and also teach the recitations for many subjects including chemistry, calculus, and biology. I am also in the honors program at my school. I have taken courses from many disciplines, all of which I have received an A grade.

I also have many research experiences. I have done research in biology, which I have presented at a research conference. I have worked on 3 chemistry research projects, one of which is graduate level.

As you can see, I feel like my MCAT score unbalances my application, but I will not have another opportunity to correct the score this cycle as I will be out of the country.

Do I have a shot at MD, especially state schools?

Thank you.