This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1234567891011

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please chance me for the following schools. I'm not sure what the successes have been of people who took the new MCAT and scored similar to me.
CP - 128
CARS - 131
BIO - 130
PsS - 131
cGPA = 3.94
Texas resident
undergraduate honors thesis - poster presentation at undergrad research forum
>1 year volunteering as Spanish interpreter at community clinic
worked this semester as a tutor for 10 hours/week

School list so far:
All Texas public schools but especially would like to know chances with UT Southwestern
Baylor
WUSTL
UMichigan
Mayo
Stanford
Yale
Any other suggestions?

It honestly doesn't look good for you. I'd strongly consider taking a gap year in order to do some gpa repair. Once you have that in order, I'd focus on retaking your mcat and giving it your absolute best shot! Where you stand now, that 131 in CARS is going to give you plenty of issues.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd be surprised if you didn't prematch to UTSW since they mostly care about stats. Just don't bomb your interview/piss any interviewers off and you'll be fine.

All the other schools I'd say 50/50. Really depends on whether you're URM/ORM and what your ECs are. I had pretty much the same stats (LizzyM~ 76-78) as you but definitely more impressive ECs than the ones you mentioned (albeit ORM).

For reference, I had interviews at UTH/Dell/A&M/UTSW/Baylor/WUSTL/Mayo/A&M/UTMB/Lubbuck/Michigan among the schools on your list.

Last edited:
you have an excellent MCAT score and GPA. I also think that having >1 year volunteering as a Spanish interpreter at a community clinic is very valuable. I think you'll be fine, but do you have any other EC's?

Reactions: 1 user