PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS MESSAGE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InsightingNeuro

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
_

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Add
East TN/Quillian
Cornell
Howard
Maherry
UCLA/DREW
U Miami
Stanford
Harvard
Yale
U Penn
U Cincy
UCSF
SINAI
PITT
BAYLOR
USF/MORSANI
SUNY.SB
UTX.SW
KECK
DARTMOUTH

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The hours and length listed include the activities includes my senior year as well.
While I think your chances are high, you need to list your completed hours. Projected hours wont help if you submitted your application... It may look like you are embellishing your activities. If you aren't submitting for another cycle (when you finish your Masters degree), then we are conjecturing.

When did you take your MCAT? Breakdown?

What does your organization do with underserved communities? Any cooperation or networking with MAPS, SNMA, etc.? Have you presented at SFN? Given your internships at other medical schools, I would expect you to have maintained your relationships with them. What recommendations did they give you on a list that was favorable to your neuroscience interests?

Clearly you have potential, but you also said you aren't applying this cycle (right?). Take this time to do some homework and network with the schools high on your list. Make them know you will be on the market and connect with mentors now.

Last edited:
Setting your sights high and I applaud you for it. However, we can give you a better idea in a few years when your ECs, GPA, and MCAT are solidified. Having a plan and projecting stuff is great but return when everything is set in stone. Keep up the good work!

Your “ lower ranked (?)” state school will mean nada. That does seem to be your stated concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.