4 months left, Help me decide what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

massivegains(to528)

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
135 hours is not bad however 135 hours in the course of only 4 months can be troublesome for many schools especially for top med schools because they'll think you tacked it on simply to check off volunteering.

I wouldn't recommend waiting for a new cycle because your clinical research is strong and your shadowing decent and I assume your GPA and MCAT are good 3.7+/517+ but just know that things might be a bit difficult since you're starting volunteering so late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
135 hours is not bad however 135 hours in the course of only 4 months can be troublesome for many schools especially for top med schools because they'll think you tacked it on simply to check off volunteering.

I wouldn't recommend waiting for a new cycle because your clinical research is strong and your shadowing decent and I assume your GPA and MCAT are good 3.7+/517+ but just know that things might be a bit difficult since you're starting volunteering so late.

Thanks for your input. One thing I forgot to mention is that I actually started last August, but i put it on hold to study for the MCAT. So it would read as 135 hrs Aug-Jun. Does that make it better?

GPA ~3.96, waiting on MCAT results but I consistently scored in 520s in FLs.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be fine. Just come back for a balanced school list when you get your MCAT back

I can't tell you what your chances are since I am not an expert, but I noticed that you have established an e-commerce business. That's interesting, because
I did the same thing as well, and I am just wondering how you will list it on your work/activity section? More specifically who will you put as the person of contact?

If anyone can chime in on this that would be great too!

With regards to that, I haven't actually given it much thought. Off the top of my head, it seems best to figure out who, in your case, has a good idea of what you've done and is also the most impartial.