515, 3.4 GPA, 3.53 postbac, WAMC and School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silky Cerberus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All! Didn't have time to track down the typical rubrik people follow when posting these, but I'll try to give a concise, accurate picture of my application! Just got my MCAT back today; already applied to 5 DOs but plan to apply to allopathics within the next week now that I can whittle my list accordingly!

Goal: Residency in Internal Medicine - most likely looking to pursue Primary Care but open to sub-specialties of IM.
State of Residence: Michigan
Undergrad: University of Notre Dame, graduated 2015 with a B.A. in their Great Books program and a minor in Business Economics.
Postbac: Harvard Extension, one year (31 credits of work), finished 2018
cGPA: 3.40
sGPA: ~3.2 (3.34 AACOMAS) but with strong upward trend including 31 credits of 3.53 work in my postbac
MCAT: 515 (128/130/128/129)
Clinical Experience: 2.5 years as a medical scribe, became a manager within 3 months, have been implementing new programs in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and Peds, with experience working in Uro, Ortho, ID, PM&R, and Derm. Also worked as an implementation consultant for Epic Systems for about 8 months. Worked while I was in college and postbac.
Volunteering: 100 hours assistant coach of a basketball team (though this was in high school...), 70 hours hospice volunteering (much more recent), 30 hours with a religious group; plan to do 200 hours in the coming 12 months through a suicide hotline outreach program.
Research: ~500 hours spent on my senior thesis, but this was humanities research (Modernist literature and Sociology); ~30 hours spent as a volunteer data digger on a project through Harvard Medical School's Program in Global Surgery and Social Change. No publications.
Personal Statement: Personal struggles with anxiety, depression; sickness of family members profoundly influenced my desire to work in medicine
LOR: 6 letters: Postbac committee letter, Thesis advisor, Chem prof, Hospice volunteer coordinator, Regional manager of my scribe vendor (paid employment), MD I scribed for in Family medicine.

Tentative School List:

MD:
University of Michigan (reach)
Brown Alpert (reach)
Dartmouth (reach but they like non-trads and a friend from postbac got in)
Boston University (reach)
Tufts
UMass (probably a reach since I'm OOS but would like to stay in Massachusetts)
Michigan State CHM
Wayne State
Oakland William Beaumont
Rush
Loyola Chicago
NYMC
Georgetown
Vermont
Drexel
Temple
Quinnipiac
Thomas Jefferson
Seton Hall

DO:
Marian COM
MSUCOM
UNECOM
PCOM
NYITCOM

Any and all feedback is appreciated y'all! Thanks for taking the time! Best of luck to any and all applying this cycle! :]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: