AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II from Kent State! It's my top choice right now!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Got an II to Kent and just got accepted to New York!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope everyone is having a good and successful application cycle so far! Please don't forget to fill out the interview feedback form to keep it updated with current interview questions/experiences for those that have yet to interview and those who will be applying next cycle.

For those who have been accepted to DMU, when/how did you find out about scholarship? When I was accepted to Kent the scholarship amount was included in the acceptance letter, and wasn't sure if DMU did the same.

For those who have been accepted to DMU, when/how did you find out about scholarship? When I was accepted to Kent the scholarship amount was included in the acceptance letter, and wasn't sure if DMU did the same.
I was sent an email the day after my acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
nothing makes days go by slower than waiting for interviews and acceptances....

Last edited:
Can someone please explain where your cumulative science GPA and cumulative GPA is on your application? I am in a graduate program so there isn't any concrete GPAs?! Is it overall GPA...?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please explain where your cumulative science GPA and cumulative GPA is on your application? I am in a graduate program so there isn't any concrete GPAs?! Is it overall GPA...?
The cGPA and sGPA is calculated based on your transcript that you sent to AACPMAS.

I got confirmation through email that AACPMAS has received all my transcripts. my question is am I able to view what my overall GPA is with the breakdown of sGPA and cGPA or it will show after I submit my application?

thanks

Graduate programs have a separate GPA calculation that has nothing to do with your undergraduate courses or pre-reqs.

Programs will take upward trends and strong GPAs from SMPs and Post-bacs into consideration during interviews.

If you are talking about a combined accelerated BS/MS than I do not know, but I would imagine they separate the GPAs in the same way.

It is not located in your application but you should know your GPA with your institution's database.
It is. You go to the check status tab and download the application next to one of the schools you applied to. Itll have your GPA breakdown

Hey guys,

So I took CNA courses and became one....but I haven't actually worked as a CNA in the field (other job came up that didn't involve wiping butts lol). Now I did do all the patient care required to become a CNA in California (~160 hours) so I do have hands on experience obviously. But can I include it in the healthcare experience section even though I never worked as a CNA?
I have been volunteering doing triage as a CNA for a free clinic taking vitals and stuff so I will include that as a separate entity since it is not related to the CNA thing but I'm just wondering if it will look odd if I put that I am a CNA without ever working as one lol.
Wouldn't look odd at all.

If you did it, put it on your resume.

You can explain to them if they bring it up.

Yeah. We did 5 days in class going over didactic things.

Then it was 3 weeks (Mon.-Fri. 7am-5pm) at a skilled nursing facility where we did ALL patient/resident care (showers, bed baths, brief changes, feeding, putting a dressing if a pressure ulcer was forming). The actual employees talked us through it the first week making sure we did it correctly, then we were on our own for the next 2 weeks. We only had to be supervised during blood pressures. Everything else was up to us.
looks like pretty good clinical hours.
mine were 7-10 days only. We didn't do as much hands on, but rather watched.

but now, 4 years later I am doing everything at my job.

I would put your training and experience down at experience section of the app.

Accepted today to Barry with a very generous scholarship >$10k each year (don't want to post the exact amount since it might give me away); still waiting to hear back from the other two schools I interviewed at. Not sure if I'll continue interviewing at this point. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today to Barry with a very generous scholarship >$10k each year (don't want to post the exact amount since it might give me away); still waiting to hear back from the other two schools I interviewed at. Not sure if I'll continue interviewing at this point. :)
Each year? wow

I thought they renew based on rank or something

Bro

That rocks.

Each year? wow

I thought they renew based on rank or something

Yes I have to maintain a 3.0 GPA each year to maintain it.
EDIT: I just looked at it and I would have to maintain a 3.25 GPA. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to DMU! Was super impressed by the interview and highly considering putting that deposit down
Also did I mention I interviewed 10/6 too?

Reactions: 7 users
Interview invite to DMU. This will be my last interview; withdrew from the other schools I did not interview at just now :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing DMU and Scholl and I'll be deciding between the two. Cancelled the rest

Getting pumped about my Scholl interview!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just interviewed at DMU.. and wow that school is absolutely amazing. So nice.

Reactions: 8 users
Just cancelled my interview at Kent, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my applications. I will be attending Temple next fall!

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted to Scholl with scholarship! Cancelling other interviews!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted to DMU and Scholl both with renewable scholarships... If someone could PM me and help me make a decision I would greatly appreciate it as I'm torn between them!

Accepted to DMU and Scholl both with renewable scholarships... If someone could PM me and help me make a decision I would greatly appreciate it as I'm torn between them!
Which did you like better after your interviews?

Which did you like better after your interviews?
Both i would've rated a 9/10... There are positives to both curriculum wise (DMU w/ the DO's, Scholl with clinical exp 1st and 2nd years etc... lots of other things to list of it'd be so long). I just don't know how to weigh the pros and cons of both. Both locations are great in their own ways. Guess i better flip a coin :s

Both i would've rated a 9/10... There are positives to both curriculum wise (DMU w/ the DO's, Scholl with clinical exp 1st and 2nd years etc... lots of other things to list of it'd be so long). I just don't know how to weigh the pros and cons of both. Both locations are great in their own ways. Guess i better flip a coin :s
I have not been interviewed yet. My top choice is DMU. I have been in Des Moines probably close to 100 times even though I do not live in Iowa. I love the state, city, climate. But some people value diversity which Scholl provides.

Scholl Grad Rate - 82% and residency placement is 95%, while DMU 88% and 99% respectively.

Scholl Grad Rate - 82% and residency placement is 95%, while DMU 88% and 99% respectively.
The stats I feel are both adequate for anyone who works hard. I don't think a few percentages would matter much unless you're really a borderline student. But it's something to consider

Would students at Scholl recommend the on-campus housing or the apartment complex next to the school?