AACPMAS 2018- 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Both.

I would be concerned as an applicant if I were applying to Pod programs with less than a 3.0 GPA in science or overall. Pod school is tough, I view it just as hard as medical school, especially so the first 2 years. Even if you get into a Pod school, one has to get through it to actually be able to practice.

Thats why I dont understand white coat ceremonies, for all doctoral professions (Pharm, MD, Pod, OD, etc.). Shouldnt you get the coat after graduation, as that signifies you made it through the rigors? Seems like a premature celebration.
You do rotations 3rd and 4th years. You have to wear white coat during rotations plus it wont be possible to do ceremony during last 2 years.

At my school, white coat ceremony is right before 3rd year starts. But we will get our coats next week because we have clinicals first 2 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Any suggestions for studying for the MCAT? I take it September 1.
Take several practice tests and be sure to review them well. The AAMC practice tests will be the most helpful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Math is not calculated into the science GPA this cycle. It used to be in previous cycles; I wonder why they changed it.

Question! let's say i'm an anatomy major and so most of classes are ANAT. i took 2 courses that have the same prefix but are just 2 credit discussion based ones where we learn about the field, have guest lecturers, etc. would these still count towards sgpa?

Math is not calculated into the science GPA this cycle. It used to be in previous cycles; I wonder why they changed it.
Wow that’s surprising.. math super padded my science gpa so I’m glad I was last cycle lol

Question! let's say i'm an anatomy major and so most of classes are ANAT. i took 2 courses that have the same prefix but are just 2 credit discussion based ones where we learn about the field, have guest lecturers, etc. would these still count towards sgpa?
No idea.
Try emailing the schools.

You might want to try taking a real anatomy course with lab. To me that doesn't really count. Not even close.

Reactions: 1 user
No idea.
Try emailing the schools.

You might want to try taking a real anatomy course with lab. To me that doesn't really count. Not even close.
yeah i've already taken a bunch of anatomy courses +labs for my major...these 2 were the only colloquium styled classes so i was just wondering if they count classes based on the prefix or if they actually determine the content of the course to figure out if it does count for sgpa.

yeah i've already taken a bunch of anatomy courses +labs for my major...these 2 were the only colloquium styled classes so i was just wondering if they count classes based on the prefix or if they actually determine the content of the course to figure out if it does count for sgpa.
Oh I see.

No worries. Hope the schools get back to you.

Congrats! When was everything verified ?
Thanks, super thankful for the invite! I sent in my applications on 8/1, with transcripts and official MCAT scores. On 8/7, my applications became verified.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone in here applying with any repeated classes? I bombed two classes and got Ds but retook them and got a B and B+ but my science gpa went down so much because of them. Do you think schools will notice I repeated the classes and did better and give me a chance?

is anyone in here applying with any repeated classes? I bombed two classes and got Ds but retook them and got a B and B+ but my science gpa went down so much because of them. Do you think schools will notice I repeated the classes and did better and give me a chance?
Yes, they will see the improvement. I made a D in a class and repeated with an A. Some interviewers brought it up, so just be prepared to explain the grade and how you improved.

Still waiting to be verified on my end, unfortunately. I don’t mind though, as it’s still very early.

Still waiting to be verified on my end, unfortunately. I don’t mind though, as it’s still very early.

This might be a dumb question but how can you tell if your application is verified?

On my application, I look at check status and it says submitted. But that's about it..

This might be a dumb question but how can you tell if your application is verified?

On my application, I look at check status and it says submitted. But that's about it..
It should say verified where it says submitted! Go to the bottom of page one of this thread for a screenshot of what it looks like

It will say Verified and you will get an email.

anyone know the policy on repeated coursework for gpa calculations
For repeated courses they calculate all the classes whether it was failed or not.

This is from their website, "AACPMAS does not recognize an individual school's policies for forgiveness, academic renewal, or grade replacement for repeated courses. All grades earned for repeated courses are factored into your AACPMAS GPA."

Last edited:
Verified this morning. Barry Admissions emailed me later notifying that they are currently reviewing my app.

Update: First II from Barry. Submitted 8/1, transcripts received 8/9, verified 8/14.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just received my first interview invite!!

Reactions: 2 users
It is from Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine. CANT WAIT

Congrats. I had a great time at Barry while interviewing.

If anyone here cannot find an interview-day related answer from the link that Podstar posted above then feel free to PM me if the questions are about: Scholl, NYCPM, Barry.

Good luck, y'all.

how long does it usually take to get a rejection from a school?? faster than an interview or same time

I submitted on 8/4 (but sent my transcripts on 8/1) everything was received on 8/9 and was verified 8/13. I got an automatic email from CSPM on 8/11 telling me they are looking over my application. From the sounds of it, NY and Barry have been pretty quick but it doesn't sound like anyone else has been contacted yet. I was hoping to start hearing back from schools sometime next week.

Does anyone have an idea about the time frame from when you are contacted for an interview and when they expect you to show up for the interview? Is it like, a week or two before? Or closer to a month or more out?

Does anyone have an idea about the time frame from when you are contacted for an interview and when they expect you to show up for the interview? Is it like, a week or two before? Or closer to a month or more out?
Depends when you applied (early or late) and what dates are still available to interview.

Mine were usually within a month. The later interview invites were further out.

Depends when you applied (early or late) and what dates are still available to interview.

Mine were usually within a month. The later interview invites were further out.
Well, I applied 4 days into the cycle, so hopefully it's kind of soon. I was also worried about booking last minute flights, so hopefully they give me some time to sort that out.

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard anything from DMU, Kent, or Scholl?
To me it sounds like the three east coast schools are the only ones that have offered invites to interviews yet. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Hopefully the other schools will start to contact later this week or sometime next week.

Congrats! I just received one from Temple as well!
Just curious, how did the schools contact you two? Email? Phone call? Something else? Also, when did you set up your interviews for? Is it a while out, or coming up here pretty soon?

Just curious, how did the schools contact you two? Email? Phone call? Something else? Also, when did you set up your interviews for? Is it a while out, or coming up here pretty soon?

Both schools contacted me via email. I have not set up interviews yet; interviews begin a couple weeks from now, so I’m still trying to figure out the best way to coordinate flight and hotel plans. Will finalize soon though, but may change as the other schools may respond with possible IIs.

Temple emailed me and mentioned that I can call and set up an interview with their admissions. Temple prefers doing interviews on Mondays and Fridays. I set mine up for Sept 10th, but over the phone it seemed like I could choose any Monday or Friday that I wanted to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I keep checking my email, but it seems that the west coast and Midwest schools are taking a little bit more time. Or they don't want to talk to me. Haha. But from the sounds of it, no one has been contacted by those schools yet.